3.10 Impale Power Siphon Champ - 20 Mill Shaper DPS - 2.5K regen - Extremely Tanky

Sooooo after running a hollow palm cyclone glad that had amazing damage (20m~) but quite lame clear speed I decided to try something else.

The idea of running a wander champion really tickled me, and the fact that i did not have to reroll did it for me.

I had really good gear on my previous character, stacking several Split Personalities, double Pride Watcher, expl/mana cost chest and so on and so forth, i had to wait for most of my stuff to sell before trying this build.

The amount invested is somewhere near 150ex, and keep in mind that i've been super lucky crafting the chest and the boots on my own for about 15ex for both, first try on each item, and the resistances on the boots really help capping them.
I'd say the price would float between 150-200ex for something similar in damage.

Here you can find pastebin: https://pastebin.com/fFq5Hmun

The damage for full buffed single target reaches 25m, while generic clear damage is 8.5m.
All right, few considerations.

Clear speed is very good, but I can understand why some people might consider it weird/sluggish. This is not a build where you can mindlessly beat your buttons like you'd beat your meat.
It requires you to be focused on few things, mainly your berserk uptime which makes a HUUUUUGE difference clear speed and damage wise.
Secondly you might run really slow if you spam you quicksilver like there's no tomorrow, because if you run out of it, find yourself in a spot where there are no mobs to trigger tailwind and have no berserk you basically have no +ms. Keep in mind that its likely to end up with no movement speed on your boots since life/ms/tailwind/elusive/res is, you guessed, expensive.
So, some skill is required, which to me after playing a mindless cyclone is good.

Damage is really great on single target, but don't try this build if you don't have enough currency, will feel bad and there are better bang for the buck options out there

Defense wise i would not say it's super tanky, sure I've seen my life flicker like an old television standing still and tanking 20/20 simulacrum mobs without dying, but eventually you will if you're not aware of what's happening.
It's still a 5.5k~ build, choosing a good pantheon helps further mitigating, and getting "taken as" somewhere if you can will definetly help.

Power Siphon is a weird skill, what you see is what you get basically.
Don't expect herald full screen explosions, you might have a mob left here and there, explodey chest helps.
To counter this i tried running chain instead of pierce and it feels good, even though it lowers my clear damage to 6.5m~ and unfortunately an awakened chain is 42ex (lol). So dealing with some rares or delirium bosses will be worse, either case is your choice.

Overall a very solid and expensive build, if you're up for something different i surely recommend!
Sorry for the wall of text :)
How are you guys handling casting Rallying Cry every 24 seconds? Isn't it kind of a pain because you need to make sure to not move when casting it? Otherwise Enduring Cry will be cast and since they share a CD you can't cast Rallying Cry.

Last edited by Mecielle on Apr 24, 2020, 3:43:01 AM
"
Mecielle wrote:
How are you guys handling casting Rallying Cry every 24 seconds? Isn't it kind of a pain because you need to make sure to not move when casting it? Otherwise Enduring Cry will be cast and since they share a CD you can't cast Rallying Cry.

Basically:

Rallying is on LMB, Enduring is on Q

-I start moving, this casts rallying, and I keep LMB down.
-I press and keep down Q, which casts Enduring, being the last key pressed it has priority over LMB.
-I am now keeping pressed LMB and Q, and spamming Enduring for the reason above.
-Once Rallying is almost over (duration is 20+secs) I just raise my finger from Q to allow Rallying to be cast once, and then I start pressing Q again.
-Repeat!

Takes few runs to get used to it but it's not hard at all :)
"
onefrogurt wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:

Basically:

-I press and keep down Q, which casts Enduring, being the last key pressed it has priority over LMB.
-I am now keeping pressed LMB and Q, and spamming Enduring for the reason above.
-Once Rallying is almost over (duration is 20+secs) I just raise my finger from Q to allow Rallying to be cast once, and then I start pressing Q again.
-Repeat!

Alright, thanks, sounds less clunky than I feared it might be.

Another thing I noticed: Attack crit from body armour on a wander is almost nothing. In the PoB posted in OP for example it is 3.8% Shaper DPS. Thats simply because getting 9%+ crit from wands is very easy, making another 1.5% have a lot less impact as on other weapons.

Two in my opinion superior options come to mind to awakener orb with explode instead:

Frenzy Charge on hit, for single target Frenzy uptime. Even with only 3 Frenzy Charges, that would mean ~20% more single target damage. And with only 1 passive we can make that 26% more when we get the FC in the Intuitive Leap range.

Additional curse. Could go defensive with Temp Chains or offensive with Vulnerability. While OP is right, it isnt that much damage, it is still more than double the Shaper DPS as attack crit gives. And both curses we could easily get from the gloves, on top of Enfeeble.

Right now I tend towards going for the Frenzy on hit, it always feels great to have them in endgame boss fights.
Last edited by Mecielle on Apr 24, 2020, 3:51:08 AM
Honestly I prefer remove the molten shell to put a kinectic blast setup with Kineticism. It is way better for the clearspeed and you keep a good defensiv option (100% chance to KB).
And with it, I don't need anymore to gem swap.
"
Krayt_ wrote:
Honestly I prefer remove the molten shell to put a kinectic blast setup with Kineticism. It is way better for the clearspeed and you keep a good defensiv option (100% chance to KB).

Watched a friend play with Chain Support on Power Siphon, looks like very nice clear speed, not a bit slower than Kinetic Blast. And I have no problem getting an Awakened Chain, so will have even bigger coverage.

Have you tried using chain instead of pierce?

Also, to add to my comment above: I did some more testing in PoB, i can't find any configuration where 1.5% attack crit on the body armour is more that 4.5% shaper DPS. So I will definitely not get that :D

Frenzy on hit is still the frontrunner to replace it since I do plan to do some bossing with the build.
Last edited by Mecielle on Apr 24, 2020, 4:06:47 AM
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
onefrogurt wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:

Basically:

-Repeat!

Alright, thanks, sounds less clunky than I feared it might be.

Another thing I noticed: Attack crit from body armour on a wander is almost nothing. In the PoB posted in OP for example it is 3.8% Shaper DPS. Thats simply because getting 9%+ crit from wands is very easy, making another 1.5% have a lot less impact as on other weapons.

Two in my opinion superior options come to mind to awakener orb with explode instead:

Frenzy Charge on hit, for single target Frenzy uptime. Even with only 3 Frenzy Charges, that would mean ~20% more single target damage. And with only 1 passive we can make that 26% more when we get the FC in the Intuitive Leap range.

Additional curse. Could go defensive with Temp Chains or offensive with Vulnerability. While OP is right, it isnt that much damage, it is still more than double the Shaper DPS as attack crit gives. And both curses we could easily get from the gloves, on top of Enfeeble.

Right now I tend towards going for the Frenzy on hit, it always feels great to have them in endgame boss fights.

Yup, those are great suggestions indeed.
Regarding double curse, I tried to run it since I have enfeeble and temp chains on my gloves, but honestly the crit chance from Disintegration is really good for me, and losing too much of it made clear worse often having to double tap few mobs (plus is not super easy to get enough int).
I would probably switch to double curse if I had vuln plus either enfeeble/temp.

Same goes for crit chance on body armor, but I guess it's personal preference, if your clear feels good enough with lower crit then frenzy on bosses will feel so good i guess!
Overall I'd agree that does not help raw dps that much (POB says 4.5% for me too), but losing too much crit will make clear worse.

Frenzy/explode chests go for a decent bit, might try to test my luck at one and test it further, or just sell if things go wrong :P
True, crit is pretty important for clear speed and how it feels. Don't want it to result in having to attack more often.

But I think it shouldn't be too noticeable. Crit goes from 93% to 88% when I remove the attack crit. Should be fine I hope.

Also had a look at your PoB? No Vaal power Siphon? Pressing that button is always the most fun for me of any Power Siphon builds I do, its great :D Might want to change that and give it a test if you haven't. Big fun.
Last edited by Mecielle on Apr 24, 2020, 6:23:32 AM
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
Krayt_ wrote:

Watched a friend play with Chain Support on Power Siphon, looks like very nice clear speed, not a bit slower than Kinetic Blast. And I have no problem getting an Awakened Chain, so will have even bigger coverage.

Have you tried using chain instead of pierce?

Also, to add to my comment above: I did some more testing in PoB, i can't find any configuration where 1.5% attack crit on the body armour is more that 4.5% shaper DPS. So I will definitely not get that :D

Frenzy on hit is still the frontrunner to replace it since I do plan to do some bossing with the build.

Yeah I tested power siphon with chain supp on simulacrum, and it was harder to complete the 20th wave. So maybe with more dps it can be a bit better, but kinectic blast adds some QoL for almost any cost.
Last edited by Krayt_ on Apr 24, 2020, 7:49:53 AM
Yeeeee I should try!! Just bought that to test the builds few days back, but now that you mention i will definetely get one :D

Also, managed to get a pair of gloves with +4/vuln/temp and +1 to frenzy, brings single target to 25.6m and as soon as I hit 98 will allocate +1 frenzy on tree and try to get a frenzy chest.

E: and 21/23 VPS goes for 70c, PS 2ex x)
Last edited by onefrogurt on Apr 24, 2020, 7:55:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info