Data for Masters Spawning in the Wild

IGN: perfOMEGALULrmance

No masters at all, on every character, since league start..
IGN: Bashyofacemate
IGN: Totemfourever
IGN: equex1

Every character i have leveled this league get Einhar almost every zone in the acts

Then i get Cassia AND Tane at the same time during maps (yes they are not masters but its weird)

Very rarely do i get actual masters in maps at all. A lot less than previous leagues. I noticed this before people started talking about it so its not a "mee too" thing.
Already reported that I found quite a less lot of 10% of natural master spawn, but that I also found a lot more Cassia than necessary.

Run some regex on the log file. Since my new char finish epilogue and begin map: I registered 168 strange voices, implying I opened 168 maps. I did not open any daily mission.
I registered 12 master reputation reward, implying I got 12 master naturally. (I manually check afterwards and I seem to miss one reputation from one jun, I included it in the 12).
I registered 19 sister cassia (I manually grouped them, but I think I could have gone with "oh!").
Tane does not let any trace in the log file.

I could not do the exact search on my previous account (vindoq3) because I launched dailies, but I had the feeling of encountering more master on this account than on vindoq3.

I'm too tired to do the math and calculate the % of chance of getting only 12 pick of 0,1% in 168 try. Sorry.
"
vindoq5 wrote:
Already reported that I found quite a less lot of 10% of natural master spawn, but that I also found a lot more Cassia than necessary.

Run some regex on the log file. Since my new char finish epilogue and begin map: I registered 168 strange voices, implying I opened 168 maps. I did not open any daily mission.
I registered 12 master reputation reward, implying I got 12 master naturally. (I manually check afterwards and I seem to miss one reputation from one jun, I included it in the 12).
I registered 19 sister cassia (I manually grouped them, but I think I could have gone with "oh!").
Tane does not let any trace in the log file.

I could not do the exact search on my previous account (vindoq3) because I launched dailies, but I had the feeling of encountering more master on this account than on vindoq3.

I'm too tired to do the math and calculate the % of chance of getting only 12 pick of 0,1% in 168 try. Sorry.

I must be misunderstanding you. If you got 12 masters out of 168 maps you are well within expected range for a 10% chance to spawn a master.

While I'm here: Xanametra. Im pretty sure I've received zero natural master missions on this character (or any other, to be honest).
Last edited by Pathological on Apr 22, 2020, 12:17:51 AM
I feel like I was affected by this but not anymore, My starter character possibly had "wild" spawns, I didn't run many maps before abandoning it so I can't remember. My second had none, not until I hit 15 awakened bonus, then I suddenly saw them occasionally.

I do wonder if the awakened bonus is linked to increase master spawns aswell as increased chance to gain a master mission. I say this as the more I completed my atlas the more "wild" spawns I was seeing.

"
Pathological wrote:

While I'm here: Xanametra. Im pretty sure I've received zero natural master missions on this character (or any other, to be honest).

I just got a zana wild spawn. I don't know if it's coincidence or my character was checked and changed somehow, but that's the first wild spawn ive seen in weeks.
From Reddit:
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Hi everyone,

If you've been following the subreddit since Delirium's launch you'll likely be aware that some players have reported that they weren't able to spawn masters in the wild (i.e. masters wouldn't spawn unless they forced them to through Atlas missions or Sextants).

I mentioned previously that we were spending time investigating this and I'm happy to report that our investigation has concluded. We have found no cases where a user has been unable to spawn any masters in their maps.

The way this system works is that if you are running a map where you have not force-spawned a master through an Atlas mission, then you'll have a 10% chance to spawn a master naturally. The system will roll for a chance of whether or not there is a master and then roll again for which of the five masters you would get. This results in a 2% chance per master on maps where masters have not otherwise spawned. Note: Tane and Cassia are not masters, they are just NPCs that accompany their league content. Tane and Cassia have a 10% chance to spawn each and can spawn when masters and other league content are present so they'll seem much more common comparatively.

When you complete a map, you have a 35-45% chance to receive an Atlas mission, so this is the most likely and best source for running master content if you're so inclined.

One thing we did note is that Zana's and Alva's spawn rates were marginally lower than the other masters but still very present. This can occur where if your temple is ready to run, Alva won't spawn and another master wouldn't spawn in her place. So for example, your map would roll the 10% chance for a master, if you rolled a master and it was Alva, you wouldn't get her and it would not roll the chance again for a different master. This could contribute to longer streaks where it might appear that there are no masters. This works in a similar sense for Zana, for example in low-tier maps where you haven't encountered her quest chain yet.

We're pleased to find that there wasn't a problem with this system in the end. But we'll keep investigating reports of similar issues in the future. Thanks to everyone who helped provide information for the investigation.

Reminds me of that Dual Strike tooltip bug, I'll never forget that.
The Bother progress: 11%

You don't even imagine how much harm you've caused. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to finish "The Bother". You're one of my murderers. You will never get my forgiveness unless you make up for what you've done.
I simply don't believe the post.

I was noticeably not spawning masters, now I have spawned many in a day.

If it was just bad rng, I should be out buying a pair of rubber boots for the next time a storm comes by.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info