Data for Masters Spawning in the Wild

Hi everyone,

Since Delirium launched, some members of the community have reported that they are unable to get masters to spawn naturally in their maps. We've been looking into this for several weeks now and are unable to find anything indicating that there is an actual problem other than some players having worse luck than others.
However, before we make this conclusion, we have one more thing that we would like to look at. In order to do this, we could use more cases where people have reported that this is an issue for them.

If you feel that your character has not been experiencing naturally-spawned master missions in the last week, please reply below with your affected character's name. We will go through these cases and double check what's happening.

Please note: Cassia and Tane are not masters. They naturally appear more frequently than Alva, Niko, Einhar, Jun and Zana.
Last edited by Henry_GGG on May 28, 2020, 5:26:12 PM
Last bumped on May 5, 2020, 8:13:30 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Would you mind clarifying the normal chance for masters to spawn, so we can make a more informed decision about investigating ourselves? i.e. if a spawn rate is 40%, 100 maps should be sufficient sample size, but if it's 1 or 2%, it's not.

edit - the character name would be KcolorGoesSoft, however, I've been forcing master missions, I'm not sure if that invalidates your ability to see.
Last edited by kcolor on Apr 13, 2020, 8:43:55 PM
"
kcolor wrote:
Would you mind clarifying the normal chance for masters to spawn, so we can make a more informed decision about investigating ourselves? i.e. if a spawn rate is 40%, 100 maps should be sufficient sample size, but if it's 1 or 2%, it's not.

There's a 10% chance to spawn naturally spawn a master - a 2% chance per master. You can only have on master per map. If you force-spawn a master mission, no other masters will be able to spawn.
IGN: OvertunedLeagueAsUsual

I feel like I ever only noticed Cassia but she's not really a master.
For me its the character with the name "BladeFlurryMaybe".

I didnt saw Alva since i started mapping, same with Einhar. Niko and Jun spawned one or two times since then. With Zana i dont know because i forced her to spawn often with the Master Mission.

Edit:
There must be a Problem with the first Hideout instance after login. I swapped between several Hideouts and back to my hideout i use normaly. In the first map i had Alva spawn for the first time in the league for me.
But the map instance was pretty laggy i nearly couldnt finish it.

@Bex_GGG can your team look into the hideout instances to be sure there is no problem with them?

Last edited by Storm520 on Apr 14, 2020, 8:46:24 AM
I can encounter all masters in story.

I used to not have niko at all in maps , a player told me to talk to him in a4, and now I sometimes encounter him in the wild. Maybe random luck ?

Other thing, alva never spawned for me if Im not wrong, but I can find her in zana mission ( multiple times )

Jun was and is still spawning at a low rate, but she's here. But a really low rate. Like all masters, feels like they don't exist anymore except when I want to.

Oh, I forgot einhar, I think I never see him, but I don't really care :D I will try to talk to him in story and see.

I don't know if it will help, but everything's good to take I guess. Good luck !
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
There's a 10% chance to spawn naturally spawn a master - a 2% chance per master. You can only have on master per map. If you force-spawn a master mission, no other masters will be able to spawn.

Is there anything else that can manipulate the chance? Does the chance for non-masters to spawn affect it? Also, does map tier matter? Map rarity? Quality?
Just because GGG doesn't do anything about scammers, doesn't mean they support scammers.

Complacency is not the same as endorsement.
IGN: MrBuckoCorona
Only ever seen Cassia randomly spawn and she spawns in every other map it feels like.
Didn't wild master spawns get dramatically decreased with the atlas rework in Blight? I thought it was intended for wild master missions to spawn very rarely, as killing bosses would slowly net you a backlog of them.
Character name: MeghanLouiseGlad

I seem to only see Cassia every other map it feels like. But she's not a master.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info