[3.10] Divine Flesh, Toxic Blood - Poison BLADE VORTEX Pathfinder - Fast and Tanky! | 3M-5M+ sDPS
Immortal Pathfinder Guide -- Contents
Click Here for Video Guide and gameplay showcase!
This is a Blade Vortex Poison build with many stacked defensive layers.
We use The Golden Rule to reflect poison onto ourself and max out chaos resistance, and Apep's Supremacy to even further overcap our resistances. Then we convert physical damage taken to elemental, and elemental to chaos to benefit from as much damage reduction as possible.
Pros and Cons
+ Great clear speed, fantastic for delve and mapping!
+ Very high dodge chance and damage reduction from all elements.
+ Constant flask uptime, increased flask effect and duration.
- Not a budget build - approximately 10-20ex investment needed to function well.
- Gearing is inflexible due to several required uniques.
- Bossing DPS is not as high as Assassin version.
Core Defensive Items
The Golden Rule: causes us to poison ourself whenever we poison an enemy, and gain chaos resistance based on how many poisons are on us.
Apep's Supremacy: poisons on us last longer, and we get +3% to all maximum resistances while poisoned. Also, bleed is taken as chaos damage (which we become nearly immune to).
Some method to be unaffected by poison: this can be from Maw of Conquest, the Antivenom notable from a cluster jewel, or a Malevolence Watcher's Eye. (Note that the Soul of Shakari pantheon will not work, because "immune" to poison means we can't poison ourself!)
Glorious Vanity Timeless Jewel with the name Xibaqua, for the Divine Flesh keystone:
All Damage taken bypasses Energy Shield
50% of Elemental Damage taken as Chaos Damage
+10% to maximum Chaos Resistance
With this plus Apep's Supremacy, we have 88% Chaos Resistance. The "downside" of making damage bypass ES means we have permanent 50% stun avoidance, as we always have energy shield!
Lightning Coil, to have 30% of physical damage taken as lightning, and the Taste of Hate Sapphire Flask for 20% physical damage taken as cold (and 20% less cold damage taken) during flask effect. More "damage taken as..." can come from a helmet or a Watcher's Eye Jewel.
Understanding 'Damage Taken As...'
We're converting incoming damage of both the physical and elemental forms. This moves damage from types we resist less to types we resist more.
As an example, suppose there's an incoming hit of 1000 Fire Damage. A normal build with 75% fire resistance would take 250 damage.
For us: Divine Flesh converts 50% of that fire damage to chaos, which we have 88% resistance to, and the rest is applied as fire, which we also resist.
We take: (500)*(0.12) = 60 chaos damage
and (500)*(0.22) = 110 fire, reduced by Pathfinder Ascendancy another 6%, to 103.
So instead of 250 fire damage, we take 163, or about 35% less damage compared to a normal build!
We are also converting physical damage to elemental using Lightning Coil and Taste of Hate, so we can do those examples too.
1000 physical damage against zero armor = 1,000 damage taken.
With conversion: 30% Converted to Lightning, where we have 82% resistance.
20% Converted to Cold, where we have 79% resistance.
Damage Taken: 500 physical
(300)*(0.18)*(0.94) = 51 lightning damage
(200)*(0.21)*(0.94) = 39 cold damage
Total damage taken = 590, or 41% less due to conversion.
And this gets better with higher amounts converted with Watcher's Eye or Helmet mods, up to almost 50% physical damage reduction!
(However, note that "taken as..." Conversion can only happen once - it does not go Phys -> Elemental -> Chaos, sadly).
POB: https://pastebin.com/FL5MSCGm (Level 89)
- 3.3M Blade Vortex
- 2.2M Vaal Blade Vortex
- 70k Herald of Agony Crawler
- 120k/sec Plague Bearer
Passive Tree: Level 90
This build uses Pathfinder for the great flask effects, extra poison, and reduced elemental ailments and damage taken.
1. Nature's Reprisal. Poisoning nearby enemies gives effectively more AOE and better clear.
2. Master Toxicist for a big damage increase.
3. Nature's Boon lets us keep up flasks constantly even in boss fights, and take less damage.
4. Master Alchemist for immunity to elemental ailments.
Bandits and Pantheon
Kill all the Bandits for Skill Points.
Major God: Arakaali for increased life recovery when DOT stops (this is active from Coralito's Flask).
Minor God: Garukhan for extra evade chance after being hit, and movement speed.
DO NOT pick Shakari! It will prevent The Golden Rule interaction from working.
This build doesn't depend on cluster jewels, but there are a few that are very efficient to use if available.
- Grim Oath: Gain 10% of Physical Damage as Extra Chaos Damage
- Force Multiplier: 5% chance to deal Double Damage; 25% increased Physical Damage
- Overwhelming Malice: 10% chance to gain Unholy Might for 4 seconds on Critical Strike
- Septic Spells: 8% increased Cast Speed; Spell Skills have +10% to Damage over Time Multiplier for Poison; 20% chance to Poison on Hit with Spell Damage
- Disease Vector: Enemies Poisoned by you cannot Regenerate Life; +10% to Damage over Time Multiplier for Poison while wielding a Claw or Dagger.
- No Witnesses: 10% chance to gain Elusive on Kill; 25% increased Elusive Effect.
Last one is highly recommended, otherwise you need to take Withering Step Support to gain Elusive.
Any other Chaos DOT or poison notables are also nice to have. We can scale off physical, poison, or chaos damage - HOWEVER, spell damage and area damage do next to nothing.
Vaal Blade Vortex
- Vile Toxins
- Unbound Ailments
- Deadly Ailments.
(Switch in Awakened versions as budget allows)
Wither - Spell Totem - Multiple Totems
Malevolence - Purity of Lightning - Herald of Agony - Enlighten.
If lacking a leveled Enlighten, the Charisma passive nodes are a substitute.
Whirling Blades - Blood Magic - Fortify - Faster Attacks.
Dash can swap in for Faster Attacks if desired for utility.
Blasphemy - Temporal Chains.
Made possible by Solstice Vigil. Use Despair aura instead if using Impresence.
Utility /Speed / Defense:
- Plague Bearer - Increased AOE or Empower (Support gems are optional)
- Phase Run (Helpful but not essential)
- Cast When Damage taken (Level 8) - Steelskin (Level 14)
Phase Run/Plague Bearer Combo
a.k.a. the Crop-Duster?
Phase Run: makes you faster, harder to detect, and grants Phasing, letting you pass through enemies. Performing any skill replaces this buff with one that boosts melee physical damage of skills you use yourself; Base duration is 1.80 seconds; increased Movement Speed; 50% reduced Visibility to Enemies.
Plague Bearer: While Infecting, deals Chaos Damage per second equal to 12% of the Plague Value when Infecting began, and loses Plague Value at the same rate.
Both of these skills are instant to activate.
Using any skill after Phase Run will dispel its buff effect. However, if we punch Plague Bearer immediately before, we can use Phase Run to sprint through packs of mobs and kill them all without needing another skill for several seconds.
Set up your hotkeys so that it's easy to press Plague Bearer >> Phase Run right after, and it massively boosts clearing speed!
Brief Leveling Guide
Leveling with Blade Vortex is awkward, so I'd suggest Toxic Rain to clear the first few acts.
Acts 1 to 5
Take Caustic Arrow after Hillock, use that until the end of Act 1 when Toxic Rain (and Blade Vortex) become available.
A1 Links: Caustic Arrow - Mirage Archer - Void Manipulation
A2-A4 Links: Toxic Rain - Mirage Archer - Vicious Projectiles - Lesser Poison Void Manipulation
In Act 2 we get Herald of Agony and can start using it.
Act 3 take Despair Curse and buy Malevolence Aura to improve DPS. Switch in Poison for Lesser Poison when you get it.
In Act 4 we get Unleash which makes Blade Vortex feel much better to play. After taking the first ascendancy points it's feasible to switch into using BV, or just continue with Toxic Rain. I'd recommend continuing to use Toxic Rain at least until completing the first labyrinth.
Suggested Passive Tree at end of Act 5
Acts 6 to 10
Level requirements for various important gear upgrades:
Level 50 - The Embalmer Gloves
Level 52 - Circle of Nostalgia
Level 60 - Large Cluster Jewel
Level 60 - Lightning Coil (have to wait for a leveled Purity of Lightning before this is realistic to use)
Level 62 - Cold Iron Point, Apep's Supremacy (gives a payoff to start using The Golden Rule)
Level 64 - Solstice Vigil
Last edited by MoLoK13 on Apr 13, 2020, 9:29:22 PM
Last bumped on May 20, 2020, 3:31:46 AM
on Apr 13, 2020, 7:58:32 PM
Endgame Gear Setup
Flasks, a.k.a. Half the Build
Comments on Flasks:
- Taste of Hate usually doesn't add to our damage (it's mainly a defensive buff) due to Cold Iron Point, however in combination with Atziri's Promise (gain some elemental as extra physical) the cold from Taste of Hate actually does improve DPS.
Watcher's Eye (pick one):
- Having "Corrupted Blood cannot be Inflicted on You" is a high priority because we deal a lot of hits very quickly so CB will kill us fast.
Budget (2 exa) Version
There are several core effects we need, but luckily most have some cheap replacements.
Core Gear: The Golden Rule, Apep's Supremacy, Cold Iron Point, "unaffected by poison" item, The Embalmer Gloves, flasks (Coralito's, Atziri's, Taste of Hate), and an Enlighten.
Apep's Supremacy: Price 1ex - 1.5ex. The least flexible item, price-wise.
- If you get the two components (Apep's Slumber and Vial of Awakening) then combine them in Temple of Atzoatl Sacrifice Room level 3, you can save some currency if you're lucky.
Malevolence (poison) Watcher's Eye: Price 40c -> 1ex
- As a very cheap substitute, get a Cluster Jewel with the Antivenom Notable.
Cold Iron Point < 10c.
- Don't mess with getting a corrupted one until you are richer.
Flasks: Total price 20c-50c.
- The rolls on these don't matter much so you can get weaker ones for cheap and upgrade eventually.
- Run Atziri yourself for her flask in hopes of a well-rolled one.
- If you can only pick one flask for good rolls, get a Coralito's with strong increased poison duration mod.
Enlighten Level 4 can be very expensive early in a league. As a substitute, get a Corrupted Level 3 Enlighten (10c-30c) and use one of the following:
- A second Circle of Nostalgia with "Herald of Agony has reduced mana reserved"
- cluster jewel with Pure Aptitude notable to make Purity of Lightning have a reduced mana reservation.
Vaal Blade Vortex Level 21/Quality 20: Price > 3ex.
- Instead, get a regular Blade Vortex 21/20 Gem for 20-30c. Lacking the Vaal version is not that big of a deal as there are plenty of buttons to press already.
6-linked Lightning Coil: I got this for around 20c, as nobody seems to use this chest. If for some reason these became pricy, a corrupted 6-link is fine instead.
Solstice Vigil can be ridiculously expensive early on, but it's a QOL item not a necessity. Getting an amulet with some generic resists makes it easier to do the rest of your gearing as the boots/belt/ring don't have to be as amazing to cap your resists.
High Budget *BLING* Upgrades
- Awakened Gems. Awakened Unbound Ailments is the most impactful upgrade, and it's surprisingly cheap a little bit into the league, while Awakened Unleash is the least impactful and also most expensive.
-Cold Iron Point corrupted with Increased Damage Over Time implicit. Spendy but significant upgrade.
- Chest armor corrupted with +1 Gem Levels, +2 Area Gem Levels, +2 Duration Gem Levels... Big DPS increase!
- Amulet corrupted with "You Can Inflict an Additional Curse." Or anoint Whispers of Doom.
- The Embalmer Gloves double-corrupted for +1 Gem Levels and +2 Aura Gem Levels (this allows Purity of Lightning to hit next breakpoint, giving another +1% to maximum lightning resist), OR double corrupted with a curse-on-hit to go with a corrupted curse amulet.
- Corrupted Level 21 support gems, Purity of Lightning, Malevolence, etc. Very small improvement.
- Dual-Malevolence Watcher's Eye (for ailments deal damage faster). Awesome, but very spendy.
- Tailwind boots. Entering into true *bling* category as these really aren't necessary.
Other Poison and Pathfinder Blade Vortex Guides:
Regen focused BV Pathfinder by Dem_hunter. Key item: Indigon
Blade Vortex (non-poison) delver by Ashrielll. High move speed.
Cold Blade Vortex by O2lsie
Poison Blade Vortex Assassin by Gr0bbs.
Poison BV Assassin by exultheinsane. Key Item: Devouring Diadem
Max Block Poison Blade Vortex by thedeathbeam
Thank you for reading this far! Leave a comment with any questions.
To see all of my other build guides, CLICK HERE!
Last edited by MoLoK13 on Apr 13, 2020, 8:28:16 PM
on Apr 13, 2020, 7:58:43 PM
Nice build bro! How do you deal with cast cost of BV & mana sustain? Also life sustain? I don't think i spotted any LGO Spell Hit. Does phy leech work?
on Apr 19, 2020, 12:23:20 AM
Thanks! I never really noticed the cast cost of BV because it doesn't have to be refreshed often. With Solstice Vigil on and Unleash, it's just cast every 4-6 seconds or so - mana regen alone was enough.
LGO Spell hit would be nice to have. The build has so much flask effect nodes, extra flask charges, and extra HP gained from flasks, so that was what I used.
on Apr 19, 2020, 2:21:57 AM
Tried this out to level from story mode into low 90's for another build.
Really cool build. I enjoyed it greatly and the startup cost is super low. Some really good ideas in this one.
on Apr 20, 2020, 12:43:35 AM
trying build, so the rotation is bv wait for 10 stack run to mobs click bearer then phase run? (to have a farrul fur is a wrong way?)
anoint Whispers of Doom for what other curse?
Last edited by Beskaius on Apr 20, 2020, 11:54:42 AM
on Apr 20, 2020, 11:14:58 AM
Yes that's correct. You don't even really need 10 stacks of BV up when Plague Bearer is going, it will kill everything when you Phase Run through packs.
Haven't tested farrul's fur don't know how that would work.
Extra curse would be to run Despair + Temporal Chains - however I don't think this is a large DPS improvement over just anointing Dirty Techniques or Corruption instead. Very small improvement, if any.
on Apr 20, 2020, 3:41:29 PM
aspect of the cat cost zero, always active and grant full frenzy and power charge, more evasion and a bit of life
you have less mitigation but u must only cast bearer, i prefer desparir+impresence and a stygian+jewel
Last edited by Beskaius on Apr 21, 2020, 5:08:03 AM
on Apr 21, 2020, 3:11:29 AM
Seems very solid! If not running Lightning Coil, seems like you don't even really need Purity of Lightning - could put Skitterbots in that slot instead for some shock/chill effect.
on Apr 21, 2020, 9:32:32 PM
"Hi men. i have question about cluster jewel megalomaniac. Because i cant find one with No witnesses, septic spells and disease vector. I have only with first two nods. Its a problem ? dont having disease vector ? Thanks
on Apr 23, 2020, 6:44:41 PM