[3.11] Physical Shockwave Totem build - 7.2M sDPS, 9.3k ES, deathless A8 Sirus

"
Voodzzz wrote:
Well you got me hooked on totem builds , they remind me on my LL trapper in some way! I like the relaxed playstyle :D thanks for this

Cool, I'm glad you enjoyed it ^^
Hi I am just in the middle of leveling, somehow my controlled destruction support is not applying on my Shockwave totem.
"
herrick0817 wrote:
Hi I am just in the middle of leveling, somehow my controlled destruction support is not applying on my Shockwave totem.

That's weird, never seen it... how are you sure it's not applying?
I'm really enjoin this build
First time using a low life build, and surprisingly i'm not afraid at all...
Just have some problems with tier 14+ maps ... but i know why...
My gear is not even close to be "min-maxed" and some of my "resistences" are really low....

My profile is public. if u can check it and give some advices... that will be awsome
"
upoo wrote:
I'm really enjoin this build
First time using a low life build, and surprisingly i'm not afraid at all...
Just have some problems with tier 14+ maps ... but i know why...
My gear is not even close to be "min-maxed" and some of my "resistences" are really low....

My profile is public. if u can check it and give some advices... that will be awsome

Hey, some tips for your current setup:
1) Use a level 1 Arcane Surge support, so it will activate every time you use flame dash
2) Craft a "+(56-69) to maximum energy shield" on your shield.
3) Replace your rare ring, you don't need the life mods, better go for more resists + energy shield and/or dexterity/strenght so you can get rid of the stats passives.
4) If you still can't get your elemental resistances to 75%, replace your belt for a Crystal belt with resists and lots of energy shield. If your resists are good, go for Bated Breath, it's great for this build, since we rely a lot on Recharge for survivability.
5) Replace all your flasks. Lion's roar flask does nothing for this build, since it's not a Melee attack. Ideally you won't need a mana flask. Check the flasks I have recomended in the build guide. Diamond and Silver flasks are essential for the damage they provide.
6) Try to get a level 4 enlighten, they're relatively cheap at this point in the league. Currently you only have enough mana to place totems if you're at full energy shield, not ideal.
7) Get a level 4 Empower, they're going for 1 ex now. Or replace the level 3 empower for a Multiple Totems support for clear and Hypothermia for single target
8) Try to get the Arcane Will and Arcane Focus passives, they're really good and only 2 points away each

Other than those immediate fixes, just get more levels, fill out the Passive tree and slowly upgrade your items as you find good deals.
Last edited by Magritte on May 7, 2020, 12:49:16 PM
I spent almost all my currency to start this build ... I only have "3 ex" left ...

I am working on my "flasks".
I'll start looking for better today as soon as I can log in ...

As for the rings ... ... The problem with rings is that ... those with double primary attributes and resistances are very expensive ....
Unless I use a "Le heup" ... which I don't know if it's viable ....

Regarding the other tips, very grateful, I will try to follow them today.

Do you recommend any "annoint" on the amulet?
What I'm wearing already came in the amulet ...

And I'm sorry for the English of "google translator" my native language is Portuguese

Edit 1.0: Is worth using Ethereal Feast?
Last edited by upoo on May 7, 2020, 1:13:07 PM
"
upoo wrote:
I spent almost all my currency to start this build ... I only have "3 ex" left ...

I am working on my "flasks".
I'll start looking for better today as soon as I can log in ...

As for the rings ... ... The problem with rings is that ... those with double primary attributes and resistances are very expensive ....
Unless I use a "Le heup" ... which I don't know if it's viable ....

Regarding the other tips, very grateful, I will try to follow them today.

Do you recommend any "annoint" on the amulet?
What I'm wearing already came in the amulet ...

And I'm sorry for the English of "google translator" my native language is Portuguese

Edit 1.0: Is worth using Ethereal Feast?

I also speak portuguese, I'm answering you in private xD
Hey Magritte.

Are you planning to update this build/guide for 3.11? I loved what I saw in the videos and am very tempted to try out a totem build, this one seems to rock some serious damage. How is the survivability?

I am currently running BL mines and I really want to try the totem playstyle but have had issues really finding anything that is true low life, not just coward's legacy.

I also love the idea of running a Shav's and getting to use actual totem MTX lol!

**Edit: if possible, may I request some leveling related info as well? For example, what kind of gear are we shooting for as we level, as well as gem progressions while leveling would be very much appreciated! I am still very new (3.11 will be my second league) so any help I can get with regard to making the leveling process more smooth/fast would be excellent. Luckily I don't think I'll have issues gathering up currency to get the needed gear, just want to get there quickly. Maybe even give this a quick shot with my last lil bit of currency in 3.10 lol.

Thanks!
Last edited by tnich55 on Jun 3, 2020, 6:59:03 PM
Hey!
Do you up this build for the 3.11 ?
thx a lot.
"
tnich55 wrote:
Hey Magritte.

Are you planning to update this build/guide for 3.11? I loved what I saw in the videos and am very tempted to try out a totem build, this one seems to rock some serious damage. How is the survivability?

I am currently running BL mines and I really want to try the totem playstyle but have had issues really finding anything that is true low life, not just coward's legacy.

I also love the idea of running a Shav's and getting to use actual totem MTX lol!

**Edit: if possible, may I request some leveling related info as well? For example, what kind of gear are we shooting for as we level, as well as gem progressions while leveling would be very much appreciated! I am still very new (3.11 will be my second league) so any help I can get with regard to making the leveling process more smooth/fast would be excellent. Luckily I don't think I'll have issues gathering up currency to get the needed gear, just want to get there quickly. Maybe even give this a quick shot with my last lil bit of currency in 3.10 lol.

Thanks!

Yeah, sure I can update it for 3.11. Gonna have to wait for the skill tree though.
I'm gonna try to theory craft a CI version better suited for a league starter, and write some tips for leveling.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info