[3.12] "Toe Nail Clipping Machinegun" Hand of Wisdom and Action Cobra Lash Deadeye CI/Videos/7m+ DPS

THIS BUILD AS OF 3.13 IS ELEMENTALIST BASED, I'm working on rewriting it for an Elementalist, you can find the updated version in the PoB section

Hey there, this is my first ever build guide. I've seen a lot of Hand of Wisdom and Action builds floating around and wanted to create an updated build of my own.

Pros:
+Good map clear, two projectiles with 9 bounces and herald procs clear rooms.
+Really good single target. Reaching about 7m DPS, can easily push it to 8.5m with a few EX more.
+Accessible, most of the power comes from mediocre gear that's considered trash for other builds. Could run this for like an EX at 2-3m DPS on very scuffed gear.
+Tanky and ranged. Uses the CI and Incandescent Heart interaction with 6300 ES.
+Farshot rewards us for playing safe.
+Good evasion puts the already good survivability to extreme heights.

Cons:
+The only cons really are that you can't do certain maps. Phys and ele reflect maps are a no go.
+No regen maps are doable but a pain. Same goes for no leeching maps.

Changes:
Spoiler

3.11: The only change is the rarity of the cluster jewel rolls. The ones we used were not too extreme so it's not gonna be much more pricy after the league settles down.
3.12: Alternate Quality 2 ''Projectiles deal 15% increased Damage for each remaining Chain''. This should add another 1m dps to the build. It's not a must get but it beats out the regular quality you get on Cobra Lash which is 30% crit chance.

Videos:
Spoiler

https://gfycat.com/oldfashionedbelovedhogget - Eating through T16 Drox's health even if he's got his damage reduction up.
https://gfycat.com/faintlawfulkrill - A 83% increase life T15 Elder gaurdian being chunked.

Map clearing, pardon the drops in frames, still figuring out OBS.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW_mlJYTJJA&feature=youtu.be

More to come. Was having issues with stuttering so had to reduce my resolution while recording.

Introduction and Cluster Jewels:
Spoiler

This build is based on the Hand of Wisdom and Action:

With this build we have to stack a lot of intelligence to get ourselves high damage. Currently I am at 1200 intelligence and getting 120 to 1200 flat damage. With an attack speed of 1.6 this is giving me 1056 elemental DPS. The calculation: (120+1200)/2*1.6.
However, after reaching about ~1200 intelligence we start seeing extremely high diminishing returns from getting more intelligence. That's where crit comes in. Since not only is HOWA both a claw it has 6% base crit making crit very attainable with low investment.

Our main skill is:

Using the synergy with Deadeye's Ricochet and the helmet enchantment Cobra Lash becomes a shredder for bosses.

But even with those synergies the damage would reach up to ~3 million and getting it any higher would take a lot of investment. That is where the new cluster jewels come in handy.

Cluster jewels used:

A single Follow-Through jewel gives us 135% increased damage.
I end up stacaking 3 of these for a grand total of 405% increased damage. You don't NEED repeater, just get a jewel socket, but if you want better results go for Repeater.

The Large Cluster jewel is great utility, Wind Up is great for sustaining power charges during clear and during bossing. Fan of blades is also great because it gives us an extra projectile so we don't have to get Endless Munitions to make our build feel good at clearing giving us more damage without any loss of clear. Originally I used both endless munitions and the cluster jewel but I found it unnecessary.

For both of the jewels you want to get as few added small passives as possible, 4 for the medium and 8 for the large. And you want a jewel socket on them.

Another wonderful item I have in my build is Mind of the Council which had a great buff. However, since the build is so reliant on the +2/+3 chains on the helmet enchant I don't think it's worth going for. If you ended up getting a +2/+3 Mind of the Council, it's best in slot and you'll just have to craft on - mana cost on rings.

The way that Incandescent Heart works with CI is that it effectively reduces all elemental damage taken by 25%. 25% of elemental damage taken is converted chaos, since we have 100% chaos resistance from CI we just take no damage from that.

Content viability:
Spoiler

I took on all content pretty comforably. Once I pushed my damage to about 6 mil every boss fight became a pushover. I could phase Awakener level 8 Sirus in 5 seconds. The damage I did was good enough for Simulacrums.

Gear:
Spoiler

If you end up going for a Mind of the Council, which you should not do without a +2 chain helmet enchant, to sustain mana you'll end up needing -mana cost rings. The damage is absolutely worth losing the minimum frenzy charges for.

If you have the money you can go ahead and grab a 2 abyss socket Tombfist and get some jewels with accuracy. Since we get Fast and Deadly all accuracy is 50% more efficient. It is a better option for damage since we can get Intimidate which boosts our damage by a lot on top of getting more Crit Multi from those jewels.

Stat priority for rare gear:
Helmet:
+2/+3 chain enchant for Cobra Lash
Intelligence
Energy shield
% Energy shield
Resistances

Shield:
Intelligence
Energy shield
% Energy shield
Resistances
Open prefix for % lightning damage as extra chaoos

Assassin's Mark Ring:
Assassin's Mark on hit
Intelligence
Open Suffix for minimum Frenzy charges

Second ring:
Resistances
Energy shield
Elemental damage with attack skills

Boots:
Energy shield
% Energy shield
Resistances
Movement Speed

Regular Jewels:
Attack Speed With Claws
Critical Strike Multi with One Handed Weapons
Fill in Resistances if you need to
Global Critical Strike Multi

POB:
Spoiler

I Highly recommend installing the PoB community fork: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/deon82/localidentitys_path_of_building_v141514_fork/
POB: https://pastebin.com/a6sgQYE3
The shock is unticked in case people are not using the fork but you should expect about a 10% shock against Shaper type targets. Adds about another 500k DPS.

Gem links:
Spoiler

Chest:

If you can't get your hands on a 6l just yet still go with Incandescent Heart, the defence and damage bonuses it provides is too good to pass up. If you have a 5l just drop Energy Leech for the time being.
We keep Energy Leech Support always at the ''Are you leeching'' condition by using Blood Rage which ticks down our ES. The leech is good enough to outweigh the ES lost easily.

Any 4 link:

Any other 4 link:

For bossing and safety:

For clear:

Herald of Ice works very well with our Wind-Up gem because it does not crit and the jewel node applies to any damage you do as long as you're holding a claw or dagger.

Vaal Discipline is our panic button. It regens about 1.5k ES per second. Not an instant heal but pretty good for those sticky situations.

Any 3 link:

Any other 3 link:

Any 2 link:

Bandit:
Spoiler
Alira. Even if you're not going for the Mind of the Council the mana sustain is very nice. Same with the Crit Multi and Resistances

Watcher's Eye:
Spoiler

If you can not afford a Lightning Pen Wrath eye, about 4ex, you can get yourself Critical Strike Chance Wrath or Attack Speed Precision.

Amulet Allocation:
Spoiler

Claws of the Pride provide 15% increased attack speed if you've used a movement skill recently. That's a massive damage boost on top of the 25% increased damage with claws.

Leveling:
Spoiler

At level 20 you can get yourself an Astramentis and at level 22 you can get Hand of Thought and Motion, the unupgraded version of Hand of Wisdom and Action. It should keep you going just fine while leveling. It scales pretty well.

Flasks:
Spoiler

We are getting tons of damage and defence off of these. With the Cyclopean Coil immunity to shocks we are immune to all ailments and can do curse maps with no issues.

Pantheons:
Spoiler

Since we're a CI build we have issues with stun. Tsaogoth's major pantheon is a godsend. Pun not intended. It prevents us from being stunlocked.
Choose your small pantheons as you go.

Leveling:
Spoiler

59 points:
https://pastebin.com/6t4XxrLL

84 points:
https://pastebin.com/itF65rZP

Other builds:
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2923431
Last edited by relosa on Jan 14, 2021, 11:01:37 PM
Last bumped on Jan 15, 2021, 10:23:41 AM
Interesting take. I am playing the cold conversion version with Call of The Brotherhood. Our tree is very similar so I am surprised at your single target DPS. How do you do at the 20th wave, Kosis mainly?

I feel like my single target is still a bit lack luster for my taste as I am unable to kill Kosis past 18th wave, and I have to use my boss killer character for the 20th wave (boss only). I made many variations and attempts to improve it, but cant see further progress without throwing another 30+ exalts to get few hundreds of intelligence more.

"
bestjin wrote:
Interesting take. I am playing the cold conversion version with Call of The Brotherhood. Our tree is very similar so I am surprised at your single target DPS. How do you do at the 20th wave, Kosis mainly?

I feel like my single target is still a bit lack luster for my taste as I am unable to kill Kosis past 18th wave, and I have to use my boss killer character for the 20th wave (boss only). I made many variations and attempts to improve it, but cant see further progress without throwing another 30+ exalts to get few hundreds of intelligence more.

I was planning on throwing on a Call of the Brotherhood on myself since I could start freezing bosses on good rolls and it would be a lot safer against regular enemies even when I didn't one shot them, but since I wanted to make Mind of the Council work I took the worse option.

Most of the single target comes from having 3 medium cluster jewels with follow through. Each one gives 135% increased damage and since the build isn't getting too much of that it's really effective.

Another thing I would highly recommend for cluster jewels is a large cluster jewel with Wind-up and Fan of Blades with 2 sockets for two more medium clusters with Follow-through, Repeater and a socket. Wind-up allows you to permentantly sustain power charges since they work with any damage you do that doesn't crit, including heralds.

For regular jewels crit multi and double attack speed rolls start giving you about 400k dps each once you reach 5m dps which should be doable with your gear easily.

Crafting on a minimum frenzy charge on a ring if you have a free suffix slot also gives another 500k dps at that point.

Nothing comes close to being as good as follow-through for this build so stacking up 3 or even 4 if you can afford it points wise is the best route.
Last edited by relosa on Apr 14, 2020, 12:26:38 PM
I mostly have no idea what I am doing as far as builds go, so I was kind of lost at what to try and after few hundred chaos orbs I have settled on the setup I have now. But I am definitely going to try get at least two more Follow-through jewels with repeater.

Will see how it goes
Hopefully it helps. My damage was lagging at about 2mil or so but once I put some money into cluster jewels I suddenly jumped to 5mil and then went on to optimse from there.
Nice build, really want to try it. One question: how do you get the second projectile? Don't actually see it in gear (maybe i'm blind). Where'd you get that?
thanks for the build!

am I supposed to be able to have all of my auras up at once? if so im not sure where you are able to fit them all in. herald of ice and wrath take up 72% and discipline requires 33%

"
Moist_Llamas wrote:
thanks for the build!

am I supposed to be able to have all of my auras up at once? if so im not sure where you are able to fit them all in. herald of ice and wrath take up 72% and discipline requires 33%

For them all to fit in you need to get a level 3 Enlighten connected to Herald of Thunder, Discipline and Wrath and one single node of reduced mana reservation right under Choas Inoculation.
Im trying your build right now , but dont know why im dealing like half of your dps , can have a look into my profile and item

"
mysboy6 wrote:
Im trying your build right now , but dont know why im dealing like half of your dps , can have a look into my profile and item

What kind of cluster jewels are you using?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info