[3.12] "Toe Nail Clipping Machinegun" Hand of Wisdom and Action Cobra Lash Deadeye CI/Videos/7m+ DPS

"
relosa wrote:
"
They made a change to cobra lash, adding 5% more damage per chain innately in the skill gem. Build still alive?

You're losing 33% of damage, it's still really bad sadly.

First, don't give up so easy on your first build.

Second, your build is about the same if not even stronger.
Far Shot now gives 60% more damage instead of 30%
Focal Point is also good damage boost and defense mechanic Deadeye didn't had.

Lastly, you are not using any Timeless Jewels. Chainbreaker for bossing?
You are only losing 2/9 (23%) of the damage, I still believe in this build.
"
"
relosa wrote:
"
They made a change to cobra lash, adding 5% more damage per chain innately in the skill gem. Build still alive?

You're losing 33% of damage, it's still really bad sadly.

First, don't give up so easy on your first build.

Second, your build is about the same if not even stronger.
Far Shot now gives 60% more damage instead of 30%
Focal Point is also good damage boost and defense mechanic Deadeye didn't had.

Lastly, you are not using any Timeless Jewels. Chainbreaker for bossing?

Yeah, you're right, I'll run it through the PoB see what it has and update it. Maybe even make a poison damage version.
"
You are only losing 2/9 (23%) of the damage, I still believe in this build.

Depending if Wintertide counts as a chilling ground it might be worth looking at algor mortis to fill in some gaps.
Any chance to share your current progress, now that the patch notes are out?
I intend to do Cobra-Lash as Deadeye as league starter, and yours seem to be the most advanced yet.
I'm curious if respeccing this to a raider might work better now - automatic cold exposure
"
Any chance to share your current progress, now that the patch notes are out?
I intend to do Cobra-Lash as Deadeye as league starter, and yours seem to be the most advanced yet.

It's not looking good, damage gets cut in half even at max far shot range. Deadeye no longer gives you anything pretty much other than farshot, making tailwind boots will be really easy now due to harvest. And the fledgeling helmet gives farshot making all the bonuses other than +1 chains entirely irrelevant. (PoB doesn't have fledgling so I had to put it on fertile mind).
You're better off going with any of the newly buffed ascendancies like elementalist or inquis. https://pastebin.com/V7jA9Mng
Here's a far tankier version of the build as an elementalist.
The damage still exists but it's only active 4/8 seconds against bosses, big pushback.
Last edited by relosa on Jan 13, 2021, 5:12:47 PM
"
I'm curious if respeccing this to a raider might work better now - automatic cold exposure

Any ascendancy is better than Deadeye for this now, elementalist has big damage and defence almost reaching the same damage but it won't be anywhere near as consistent if you get unlucky and can't nuke down the boss in 4 seconds.
If you like the skill I still say it's worth it to go with the elementalist version. Or try poison, it is extremely good for poison now and can reach the same damage, granted with some ramp up, with ease. I'll probably try a poison version at some point and try and update the build.
If you want the elementalist version you can check this out https://pastebin.com/V7jA9Mng
Last edited by relosa on Jan 13, 2021, 5:13:08 PM
"

Exposure is only 20% and it doesn't stack with other exposure, wave of conviction is 25% and will simply overtake that. You're better off getting elementalist for damage.
You get way more defence as a raider however.
Updated for 3.13, running an elementalist instead of Deadeye because Deadeye doesn't offer anything anymore. Elementalist ends up tankier but has less damage because convergence is only active half the time.
You can find the new PoB link in the PoB section, updating this to be an elementalist soon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info