3.11 | Carry Me Golems | Carrion/Stone Golem Elementalist | Very Tanky and High DPS summoner

"
Ruderatus wrote:
"
aerial wrote:

another interesting thing would be using beacon of ruin passive, to get 15% inc damage guaranteed form shocks, and then proc curses with storm brand or other lightning skill
just im not sure if shock chance wouldnt be too low to justify it
15% more damage is definitely nice, and remaining 2 big ascendancy notables are not wasted

You need physical damage to proc shock because of the cold iron point (deal no Elemental Damage).
According to the pob shock chance with the storm brand will be 100% if you have "Adds # Physical Damage to spells" on your items and Elemental or Shocking conflux from Shaper of Desolation passive.

Theoretically speaking (like with a different skill setup) can Wave of Conviction work with Cold Iron Points (as it deals physical damage) to cause shock (with Beacon of Ruins specced)?
Last edited by Fenris1970 on Jul 3, 2020, 4:53:32 PM
"
cdnza wrote:
"
Pheyer wrote:
Im really bad at crafting. Can anyone give me a step by step to the cluster jewels we want? I know so far phys rolls is one of the main notables.

Im looking on poe trade and seeing a bunch of jewels that are 40s ilvl and I know the harvest crafts have a 10 ilvl difference limit. shoudl I be buying the lower ones or wait for some lvl 75+ ones to be listed?

https://poedb.tw/us/Cluster_Jewel

^ This page will tell you exactly what the ilevel requirements are for each notable (and which jewels they can be rolled on) as well as what the tags are for each.

I dont know why crafting is so overwhelming for me lol.

So going from poe db it looks like I need to start with an ilvl 75 large cluster that has 2 jewel sockets and minion damage, then use the t1 vivid arachnid seed to get the "Augment an item with a new Attack modifier" craft and that will give me either call to slaughter or rotten claws because those are the only options?

I see that renewal, primordial bond, and feasting fiends are all tagged as life on poedb. Does this mean I can use the garden craft to add an attack modifier and get rotten claws, then use an augment an item with new life modifier from garden to roll one of the life mods, which would likely be feasting fiends or renewal because theyre weighted way higher than primordial bond?
i found it way easier to craft renewal+bond+claws with fossils.
1. use pristine fossils in 1-socket resonators and spam until you hit bond+renewal
2. either use garden craft to get rid of the extra prefix, if youre lucky, or annul if its not possible (dont use remove life, bond and renewal are both life mods)
3. once you have a jewel with bond+renewal+open prefix+whatever suffix you can either remove the suffix and replace it with a resistance using garden bench (add cold/chaos etc) or just go ahead and use aug attack to guarantee claws. make sure both suffixes are taken as there is an attack suffix that could roll with the aug attack otherwise.

i went through around 600 life reforges and got nothing worth mentioning so decided to try this route instead and got 2 jewels done for around 2ex in fossils/resonators when the finished products were going for 10ex each.
make sure the jewel is i68 minimum to roll primordial bond.

same thing can be done with renewal+bond+feasting fiends for 3rd cluster jewel, replacing aug attack with aug life but its not guaranteed to hit feasting like you can with claws as theres flat life prefix. after 4 attempts i got flat life each time and just bought a finished jewel since theyre much cheaper than the claws trio.
"

i went through around 600 life reforges

Don't use life, use Attack reforges. You will get Rotten Claws + Call to the Slaughter very very often.
hey guys, can u help me, idk what i doing wrong heres my pob https://pastebin.com/U3X7ZQxm, it's like my stone golems a.speed is correct, but i definetly see how they use casual attack over slam, is it ok or i did something wrong? (sry for bad eng)
these jewels are ridiculously easy to craft now, because you can buy 2 socket bases with ilvl under 68. There are only 4 possible passives on them to roll with that ilvl, renewal, rotten claws, call to the slaughter and feasting fiends.
I crafted all 3 jewels just in one session from 3 T1 fields.. by spamming random physical crafts.
2 socket/8 passive, renewal + rotten claws x2
2 soccket/8passives call the the slaughter + feasting fiends + renewal

some tips regarding jewels

you can get away with 2 large jewels and then socket medium jewels in them, 4 passives with renewal (can also get feasting fiends there as bonus for 1 pt). So you essentially get renewal for 3 points, if you use those. Large cluster becomes slightly better socketed in bottom of the skill tree, but you need 9 skill points for it. So it is nice alternative, and these jewels are cheap, like 20-30c. Difference is basically 9 points for: 3x renewal vs 1x renewal + 2 golem jewels.

Another thing you can do is, use 3 same large cluster jewels with total of 3 renewals and 3 rotten claws.
Just replace impale support with for example dmg on full life. This way you take advantage of extra impale chance (note that generosity + banner = 30% chance for impale, so then even with 3 rotten claws you still are at 90% chance, they take full effect, without impale support).
Setup like this nets you bit more damage (but costs 2 more skill points).

Some other idea I have, is maybe go for crab chest. Lot of life, resist, and 15 crab charges gets you 30% phys reduction. In terms of survivability against large phys hits in boss fights, this is better mitigation than brass dome. You just can't get hit too often.
No movement penalty also, and can be paired with crab boots for better barrier effect.
Permanent bleed immunity is amazing vs sirus, you can run around there forever, through his bleed beams, bleed will never run you out of flask charges.

"
The issue with Large Clusters is how they order their notables.
We want to "push" Rotten claws to slot #2 or #3 to save passive points.
Note you cannot have Rotten Claws and Renewal in slot #2 + #3 at the same time

I don't quite understand what does it mean. Guys please can you link some examples of cluster jewels with right passives.
"
Ruderatus wrote:
"
The issue with Large Clusters is how they order their notables.
We want to "push" Rotten claws to slot #2 or #3 to save passive points.
Note you cannot have Rotten Claws and Renewal in slot #2 + #3 at the same time

I don't quite understand what does it mean. Guys please can you link some examples of cluster jewels with right passives.

it means, you can't have jewel with rotten claws and renewal on the sides, an some other trash notable at the peak of jewel nodes circle. So this way you invest 1 small point, branch to both sides, get notable on each side, and immediately get both sockets next. You skip 2 small nodes and random keystone thats left. You gain 2 notables + 2 sockets, for cost of 5 points, only 1 point is wasted for travel node.
But because it is impossible to get renewal + rotten claw combo like that, we are using other skill, in this case renewal + feasting fiends (these can spawn on sides, and 3rd dummy keystone will be unused).
"
skyscan wrote:
"

i went through around 600 life reforges

Don't use life, use Attack reforges. You will get Rotten Claws + Call to the Slaughter very very often.
yeah for call to the slaughter, attack reforges are fine and hit it often but for the juicy bond+renewal+claws jewel i found garden crafts werent too good.
So I decided to switch over to a non-chain version, and have found it to be an educational experience. The single-target damage is WAY higher (Sirus8 final phase in a few seconds), but as noted by others in this thread it does cost a lot more and require a lot more preparation. I am still working on fixing all my upgrades and harvest crafting everything properly.

In order to get the zombies and spectres to not die, I am using a helm with +3 minion gems and socketed gems are supported by L20 Minion Life, and they're also linked with Elemental Army too. I'm also using two Dread March medium jewels (though I think at least 1 of these is useful even for the Chain version). I'm still in the process of harvest crafting this helmet and also trying to make a better one with life instead of the minion damage prefix.

I was able to make pretty good progress on the amulet so far. There aren't any +2 amulets on the market anywhere close to this one right now (10+ex for half as much ele res), but I need to remove that fire prefix to put life on it. The anoint is something I'm trying too - if you use a hybrid flask with the Foreboding prefix, you get fortify 100% of the time WITHOUT having to go anywhere near mobs. It's actually kinda insane IMO - my character has sub-4k life but is the tankiest character I have played in several leagues.

One last thing - I decided to try out the Profane Proxy tech and I'm actually really liking it. Using F&S for the damage buff requires you to get pretty close to bosses, while your cursing skitterbot seeks out enemies at high speeds. Somewhat related, I also dropped Flesh Offering and Desecrate entirely, because that plus the cursebot combined now mean that I don't have any non-instant skills - this means I never have to stop moving and also means I could now just AFK blighted maps with this character.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info