Greater Spell Echo bonuses not working on Ice Nova if cast on Frostbolt

i sold mine because of the bug
this was my league starter last league, id probably have quit with this bug!

bumping for ice nova bros
To people who are playing this build and have just read about this bug, don't be discouraged. FB/nova with pledge is still broken as fuck even with this bug, i've done everything in the league from A8 t16 conquerors in-delirium to double boss wave 20 simuls deathless. Am looking forward to this being fixed though, purely to really get my big numbers going.
"
"
Arcinde wrote:
I have just tested this and can confirm that neither the area bonus nor the damage bonus from Greater Spell Echo are applying to Ice Nova when cast on Frostbolt now. I hope this gets fixed soon, since as it stands this is an undocumented 35% DPS nerf to the Ice Nova/Pledge of Hands build.

It's actually quite a bit more, damage bonus ends up to about 53% more on average when comboed with normal echo and that's not counting the fact that you need the AoE for the novas to overlap on singletarget.
This is really holding the build back right now.

Its a lot more than 53% more dmg because for an ice nova cast on a frost bolt u can ignore the cast speed delay for the repeats..
just to calc it: Nova does 100 dmg base
Supported by spell echo : 100*0.9*2 = 180 dmg per cast
supported by spell echo and g spell echo
The base spell echo reduces the base dmg to 90 per cast but gives us 1.7 times the cast per second
Main cast + all 3 repeats hit= 90+90*1.34+90*1,7+90*2.05 = 549 DMG per cast
That would mean greater spell echo gives us a 205% more multi in that case.
But let's say the last repeat misses : 90+90*1.34+90*1,7 = 364,5
Now it's only a 102,5% More Damage
Or if the First Hit misses: 90*1.34+90*1,7+90*2.05 = 459
Now it would be a 155% more Damage

So No matter how u slice it at least halves the dmg or in the worst case even a 67% reduction

If my math is completely wrong please show me why and where instead of simply saying lol u suck ;)
Last edited by Luzie08 on Apr 5, 2020, 11:12:17 AM
And here I was, wondering what I was doing wrong because my damage was barely ok with decent gear...
█▀▀▄ █▀▀▄ █▀▀ ▄▀▀▄ █▀▄▀█ ▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀▄
█░░█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀ █▀▀█ █░█░█ ▄▀░ █░░█ █▄▄▀
█▄▄▀ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀░░░▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀░▀▀
Bump. Was hoping to play something different, bored of melee builds. Bought a cheap af pledge of hands, six linked. Guess this is why it was cheap. Still want to play it though.
bump
@Waggypants
bump
Spectres with pledge are bugged to ? using slave drivers right now
I put my Ice Nova Pledge in the freezer for now because something felt off, guess you just figured out what.
Default: Nagarashi
HC: MrsNagarashi or Nagarashi_JrJr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info