[3.10] Heraldry Cluster Guardian - 9k Es | 90% all res | 75% block | 10M+ boss dps

I was talking about cyclone-cast on crit-arc herald builds as oposed to herald vaal arc/EK builds.. The latter seem to have much, much higher dps..

Also not talking about 300 ex+ builds which is totally unrealistic to compare with.
Last edited by Zweetsok on May 30, 2020, 5:38:50 AM
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
"
Zweetsok wrote:
I've only seen relatively medicore damage numbers from cyclone-arc builds while ARC/EK builds go through the roof. Not sure where the love for cyclone is coming from as it definitely feels very slow to me.

Thats a shame for you, not my experience at all. My clearspeed increased as did my boss killing. I prefer the playstyle and have had no issue with all content. Maybe it was more a gear issue for yourself unless you've just looked at path of building.

Calling the dps mediocre is abit ridiculous, outside of herald stacking its sky high.
Heh... IMHO, it's sky high period, dead stop. If the numbers posted here and in game chat are any indication, there's a very small percentage of HS characters that are breaking the 100m mark. It seems higher than it is because over half of the active players in league right now are playing herald stacking characters. In many years of playing, I've never seen a meta take over the game THIS hard.

Tons of folks can work with a build guide, although there's a decent percentage that don't even do that well. Not many understand the logic behind the guide, and precious few understand it well enough to change it to fit their playstyle or preference, never mind improve on it.

Yeah I agree, alot of very good points. Cheers for running the numbers, they make sense. Did you factor in the additional arc chain and arcane surge on my watchers? I wasn't convinced my pob was showing them last time I checked.

As someone who has also played for many years, this meta is probably the most ridiculous for disparity when comparing builds that herald stack and that don't, with stupidly high dps numbers regardless on how you build it (assuming your familiar with how the game works)
Last edited by facelessman122 on May 30, 2020, 5:44:11 AM
"

Yeah I agree, alot of very good points. Cheers for running the numbers, they make sense. Did you factor in the additional arc chain and arcane surge on my watchers? I wasn't convinced my pob was showing them last time I checked.

As someone who has also played for many years, this meta is probably the most ridiculous for disparity when comparing builds that herald stack and that don't, with stupidly high dps numbers regardless on how you build it (assuming your familiar with how the game works)
Nope, I missed both of those - and Aspect of the Avian. With everything up, it's ~162 million.

You're right in that PoB isn't calculating the WE arcane surge. It does pick up the extra chain though. Looks like a great upgrade, I'm going to go look for a different WE now. :)
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"

Nope, I missed both of those - and Aspect of the Avian. With everything up, it's ~162 million.

You're right in that PoB isn't calculating the WE arcane surge. It does pick up the extra chain though. Looks like a great upgrade, I'm going to go look for a different WE now. :)

Nice. Dont think anyone can possibly say that's mediocre and I think it could be pushed higher fairly easily as im very close to another jewel socket (although playing alot less)

Maybe my gear is unrealistic for some but Im not convinced it isn't achievable for most. Pob dps isn't everything and players that relie on it heavily without testing themselves in game are missing the bigger picture.
Last edited by facelessman122 on May 30, 2020, 6:48:19 AM
Agreed.. never trust POB blindly and dps isn't everything that is why I've been trying out every possible combination there is. Blindly following a guide or someone else's build takes away all the fun in this game.
"
Zweetsok wrote:
Agreed.. never trust POB blindly and dps isn't everything that is why I've been trying out every possible combination there is. Blindly following a guide or someone else's build takes away all the fun in this game.

I agree aswell. This build isn't necessarily a plug and play for new players, it requires some thought and game knowledge. Especially since the op isn't about to update the guide.
Last edited by facelessman122 on May 30, 2020, 9:19:57 AM
nice damage there.. wondering if Grim can run my char thru pob n let me know the damage would appreciate it.. also pob wont let me generate a code n share with paste bin same error all the time error in creating post argggg..also with Avian n extra arc
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
"
BonJovii wrote:
Can I ask if anyone knows if I can substitute cyclone with other skills to proc CoC arc? Eg. Flicker Strike? If i change to flicker strike do I still have to take into consideration of the 52% increased cooldown recovery APS?

bump
"
BonJovii wrote:
"
BonJovii wrote:
Can I ask if anyone knows if I can substitute cyclone with other skills to proc CoC arc? Eg. Flicker Strike? If i change to flicker strike do I still have to take into consideration of the 52% increased cooldown recovery APS?

bump

I don't see why you wouldn't. The interaction comes from the gem, breakpoints and aps should be the same.

Edit: goodluck, hope your not epileptic or prone to headaches.
Last edited by facelessman122 on May 30, 2020, 1:08:58 PM
"
dragnmith1 wrote:
nice damage there.. wondering if Grim can run my char thru pob n let me know the damage would appreciate it.. also pob wont let me generate a code n share with paste bin same error all the time error in creating post argggg..also with Avian n extra arc
Bleh. Messed up my spreadsheet last night by entering the wrong number in one cell. I'm going to blame trying to do calculations at 3am local time. :)

Corrected raw DPS:

dragnmith1: 124252470.447164
facelessman122: 148497288.619309
grimjack68: 115263881.473972

Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Last edited by grimjack68 on May 30, 2020, 2:26:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info