Delirium: Creating the Strange Voice

He has become one of my all time favorite bad guys. It's just such a flavorful villain, I love to hate him. Looking forward to break off his horns and shove them into his other end while begs for a quick death.
Fingers crossed.
Is it crossbow or is it assault rifle?
Ok, when are you gonna reveal that the strange voice belongs to Kalandra?
Great work, I really appreciate your efforts to make PoE the best game I've ever played!

Keep it up!
Love the lines for the second half of the campaign and when it quotes other characters. The random "threats" in maps got old fast though. When someone says everything, they mean nothing.
... is not a troll
Next to Einhar, best voice-acting until now. And, tbh, for a change, something at least REALLY a little creepy from time to time. Always thought PoE could use some more of those elements. Great work here.
"
MarkoszHU wrote:

Also did you read what they wrote? "You are the cause of great misery" is not a specific line for what you did, it just makes you question yourself. Can't you think back what YOU did? Releasing the gods, causing thousands to die? The quotes doesn't make sense, because that is their point.

And lastly, a lot of your questions is answered ingame from different sources, like environmental lore objects and item flavor texts. WATCH THE VIDEO, it explains everything!

The 4 previous exiles did all that. They are called guardians for sirus.
Also, no, a game isnt a puzzle. And the sum of all puzzles isnt a full picture, because we dont have all the pieces. And zana never tells you not to kill monsters in maps. Its all cool. In fact everyone is a bad guy based on bs "tid bits" we are "spoon fed".

Literally nothing makes much sense. Its like ggg wants you to be "oh he is good guy, nope i change my mind, he is bad guy" and so forth. Except its bad design.

You can stop being childish, we dont have even more than 30% of the pieces for whole picture. So.. exactly why is it good for the game to not have proper storyline?

Something something [insert known bits of lore]..something something..[insert known bits of lore]..etc.. its just bad design.

Most if not all video games have well made story that is at least 90% complete with 1 or at most few loopholes untold. Untold for the sole reason of the sequel.

You dont understand that, do you?
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
"
cgexile wrote:
"
webas wrote:

Very sad to see POE after so many years still in trash condition(story wise).

It should be like a book, real game with real campaign and stuff.

They have to pump out new content every 3 months. They record some lines and move on. It's part of the league content and there is just enough there to fill some void. They care about the story about as much as they care about a rich game cinematic.

Did you see the BG3 cinematic from Larian? Now that is some serious and real investment in story out of the gate! Move over Blizzard! I'd say move over PoE 2.0 but it's ship-whatever opener is not even in the same league. Conceptually an awesome opener, but so cheap even Tencent was probably scratching their head.

"Path of Exile is about items" ~ Chris Wilson

Now all that said the voice acting and sound editing is certainly top notch and does add a little somethin somethin to every new league.

I was doing some looking around, and come to the conclusion all non voiced games allways, 100% had richer story. Mostly, almost always those games were older, made years ago. How come older games with less budget made so much better story with conclusions and everything what poe is about "pump and dump" mentallity.

Sure, lets keep the poe as a trash "non serious", "casual" game that must not have well made story and linear clear things well made as books, or games like many turn-based arpgs.

All it takes for ggg is to put few people who write things down. F.. voice overs. Voice overs are only good as one-liners. They get extremely repetitive.

I cant stand vendoring stuff listen to npc saying same line 100times. Its just bad design. They might as well shut up.

Thats why cool games, mostly skyrim have mods that just disable obnoxious voice overs in the first place.

Why cant poe have good and full story without 9000 questions left unanswered? Too small team, low budget indie devs. lol.. what a joke.

I care about poe, thats why some people might find my complain legit and annoying but understandable.
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
When it said "Still sane exile?" I freaked out. How does he know Zana says that? Is this shadowy figure Zana's fate? She gets attached to the monsters in the atlas and stays there?

Great writing or "use of existing assets".
"
webas wrote:
"
cgexile wrote:
"
webas wrote:

Very sad to see POE after so many years still in trash condition(story wise).

It should be like a book, real game with real campaign and stuff.

They have to pump out new content every 3 months. They record some lines and move on. It's part of the league content and there is just enough there to fill some void. They care about the story about as much as they care about a rich game cinematic.

Did you see the BG3 cinematic from Larian? Now that is some serious and real investment in story out of the gate! Move over Blizzard! I'd say move over PoE 2.0 but it's ship-whatever opener is not even in the same league. Conceptually an awesome opener, but so cheap even Tencent was probably scratching their head.

"Path of Exile is about items" ~ Chris Wilson

Now all that said the voice acting and sound editing is certainly top notch and does add a little somethin somethin to every new league.

Spoiler
I was doing some looking around, and come to the conclusion all non voiced games allways, 100% had richer story. Mostly, almost always those games were older, made years ago. How come older games with less budget made so much better story with conclusions and everything what poe is about "pump and dump" mentallity.

Sure, lets keep the poe as a trash "non serious", "casual" game that must not have well made story and linear clear things well made as books, or games like many turn-based arpgs.

All it takes for ggg is to put few people who write things down. F.. voice overs. Voice overs are only good as one-liners. They get extremely repetitive.

I cant stand vendoring stuff listen to npc saying same line 100times. Its just bad design. They might as well shut up.

Thats why cool games, mostly skyrim have mods that just disable obnoxious voice overs in the first place.

Why cant poe have good and full story without 9000 questions left unanswered? Too small team, low budget indie devs. lol.. what a joke.

I care about poe, thats why some people might find my complain legit and annoying but understandable.

A few of us want PoE to be something it will never be. I mean I would love this ARPG to be full of RPG/D&D/MMO features but at the end of the day this game is just mainly about skill mechanics and items. On that front it beats out every other ARPG and it will continue to do so for some time because they have spent years just pouring in new league mechanics/items/etc. into the game. Everything else is just filler to give it the illusion of depth in all the other areas you are craving.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
Last edited by cgexile on Mar 26, 2020, 9:11:14 AM
I like the strange voice very much. Great work on that!

But please, fix the voice lines of the NPC's! They are all cut at the end since 3.09. Sure, I can read the text but it's not the same.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info