Delirium: Creating the Strange Voice

"
TheZilla wrote:
"

As a person who respects books, all this is just harrasment.
I want background, in depth story, not one-liners that doesnt make sense.

Dude, c'mon. There is plenty of story. This game has established a quality open ended lore over the years. Obviously unanswered questions will be present in an ongoing game. Do you really think the voice would be better if it listed off facts and figures every time it talked? Mystery and suspense are the lifeblood of drama. This product works as intended. Loving it GGG. Don't listen to the detractors. Not everything needs to be a full length epic. Some things are better left atmospheric and mysterious.

Play your own Role in this action role playing game. You don't need your own motivations spoon fed to you, this approach is bad storytelling-- you are the exile, they don't tell you everything or imagination would have no place and fantasy cannot exist without imagination.

I second this
Path of Exile is life, just ask my Ex-Wife
Does anyone know where i can download Sirius and Delirium voices?
"
Xanqos wrote:
Too bad you can't disable specific voices, such as betrayal. That spammy mess forced me to disable voices so I've missed out on this effort.

Betrayal was the reason , i did the same . I got tired of keep hearing lines like : " If you think i will talk..." Well , guess what . She will tell me everything i need to know , in 3 turns , just like everybody else.
i love that voice and the effects on it. its sassy, amused by the small silly exile, foretelling, doubting, treating you as a toy and for the most part depreciating and filled with pure deviation.
great job on that! i wish there were more of it, than just a line played when you touch a mirror. maybe when the mist ends, or when you defeat a certain ammount of creatures from the mist, or reach the boss of a map. something like that

"
We had to be careful not to make light of mental illness, as it's a serious matter that many people suffer from. We also wanted to make sure that those suffering from mental illness didn't feel further harmed by some of the voice lines. To that end, not long before launch, we removed a few that we felt might be a little too harsh, even for Path of Exile.

i don't get this tho. if someone really wants to get insulted and offended by something, they will do so anyway, so don't cut your splendid content short in fright of offending someone.
its a game and if you want to create an illusion, a delirium, by all means just do so! its not your job taking care of ppl with mental illnes, cause 1% or so of your playerbase could be hit by it.
i don't like spiders - you still dare to put spiders in your game. boo!

any chance we can hear the cut lines somewhere? i'm curious what you consider being 'too harsh, even for path of exile'
the voice over is really well performed and the league overall is great
"
We had to be careful not to make light of mental illness, as it's a serious matter that many people suffer from. We also wanted to make sure that those suffering from mental illness didn't feel further harmed by some of the voice lines. To that end, not long before launch, we removed a few that we felt might be a little too harsh, even for Path of Exile.

I really disagree with this, putting fictional stuff in a game can't offend anyone, especially when they are appropriate to the setting, and/or character. Your game and characters within that game are an expression of art, even if that art would directly say something like "kys you insane piece of shit", which I'm sure it wouldn't have, it's not directly aimed at anyone, it's depicting a character inside a videogame. I'd prefer if you would care less about potentially "offending" snowflakes and just do what you want to do.
Maybe I'm in the minority with this but I personally feel like that's overly cautious. I really DO love the sarcastic, mocking asshole that is the strange voice though, maybe I would've liked him even more with the voicelines that didn't make it in, but i can't know that for sure.
Still an amazing npc imo
NickK_GGG Is there any truth to the theory that the Strange Voice of Delirium League might be another god in the pantheon that has not yet been revealed, the trickster god Tangmazu, famous for tricking Solaris and Lunaris into turning on each other and creating the conflict of Day and Night?

There seems to be lots of circumstantial evidence pointing to this. This youtube video highlights a lot.
"
feeluck wrote:
i don't get this tho. if someone really wants to get insulted and offended by something, they will do so anyway, so don't cut your splendid content short in fright of offending someone.
its a game and if you want to create an illusion, a delirium, by all means just do so! its not your job taking care of ppl with mental illnes, cause 1% or so of your playerbase could be hit by it.
i don't like spiders - you still dare to put spiders in your game. boo!

any chance we can hear the cut lines somewhere? i'm curious what you consider being 'too harsh, even for path of exile'
The number of people experiencing mental illness is substantially higher than 1%, and given that POE players are not a random sample of the population but skewed heavily toward obsessive gamer types, I'd bet it's higher than the population average here.

And it is their job to take care of people. It's everyone's job. People's health is more important than company profits.
aaaa
Last edited by greguuu85 on Mar 26, 2020, 7:52:37 AM
I really like it! Holy crap, the way it implements mystery and engagement in your thought is just perfect. Way to go!
Last edited by LeapBeer on Mar 26, 2020, 3:18:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info