[3.11] Spellslinger VD Necromancer. All content. Easy and fast Sirus A8 kill. Wave 20 Simulacrum.

"
dreadking_ wrote:
"
gexstar wrote:
Can someone elaborate on helmet enchants ? 30% cd on spellslinger vs + 1 volatile dead corpse.

Which one is better and why ?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2874400/page/57#p23387208

Huh, TIL...

So if I understand this correctly, if I use vd +1 enchant but no awakened spell cascade, my VD will explode 12 of 12 corpses. But now my DD will share the corpses and remove dps from my VD? Is that actually how it works?

So there would be 2 conclusions: If you cant afford awakened spell cascade yet you may use vd +1 enchant, BUT you should exchange DD for Ele Focus or Conc Effect. OR use CDR enchant with DD in your 6l and without awakened spell cascade for maximum value. Once you get awakened spell cascade you should remove DD for Ele Focus or Conc Effect either way.

Is this the way to go or am I missing something?
"
Soulstrike628 wrote:
actually, maybe it is worth switching

DD 13,814 with the 47% damage increase inpulsa (hypothermia lvl 19)

DD 19,522 with with the other inpulsa (awakened ele focus lvl 1)

both numbers grabbed with 5 inspiration charges + plaguebringer buff. i dont know if those numbers will change if im in an actual map and inpulsa's buffs kick in, but ill do some testing

yup...awakened > hypothermia, hands down. glad im switching now lol
imo you are right.

Its always the balance between corpses spawned and corpses consumed (by whom).

one thing i noticed while playing around in PoB (and calculating an exact DPS value in excel, taking CDR into account) and i want to know your opinions:
DD doesnt really help inside the 6 link. it takes damage away from VD, which is our main damage source (9/12 corpses taken). inside the 6-link you push the DD damage above VD, but still VD consumes more corpses and does more DPS.

Number from my PoB (assuming 3,03 APS):
6Link: VD/SS/ElemF/SpellC/ConcEf/Hypo
3Link: DD/SS/SpellC

VD Spell dmg: 115k -> *9*3,03 = 3.136m
VD Corpse dmg: 79k -> *9*3,03 = 2.154m
DD Spell dmg: 48k -> *3*3,03 = 0.436m
DD Corpse dmg: 34k -> *3*3,03 = 0.309m
Sum -> 6.035m dmg

6Link: VD/DD/SS/ElemF/SpellC/ConcEf

VD Spell dmg: 82k -> *9*3,03 = 2.236m
VD Corpse dmg: 56k -> *9*3,03 = 1.527m
DD Spell dmg: 124k -> *3*3,03 = 1.127m
DD Corpse dmg: 87k -> *3*3,03 = 0.790m
Sum -> 5.681m dmg

so ~350k dps difference, but at the cost of three gem sockets.
If we could fit a 4th gem to DD (lets assume: hypothermia? haven't run the numbers for the other support gems yet) we would increase its DPS to 1.154m, bringing the first example to 6.444m!

so, what are your thoughts? better gain 3 sockets? (cast on damage taken, immortal call, ?/molten shell/steelskin)
ignore sockets take good dmg? i really don't know it :-)

Currently, i am playing without guard/support skills and took down a8 sirus/shaper/elder without troubles, haven't tried uberelder so far.
Still, i am dying every once in a while in the maps (also maybe due to not having glancing blows :D)
The advantage of DD is being able to nuke bosses with vaal DD. Once I added it my single target became noticeably better.
Hi,

I've been playing this build for about a week now and am enjoying it a lot.

I'm not sure what to improve on next !!

my POB : https://pastebin.com/r5FfuhE0

if anyone has any advice for me it would be very much appreciated.
"
LadyLoriana wrote:
The advantage of DD is being able to nuke bosses with vaal DD. Once I added it my single target became noticeably better.

well, normal bosses are not the prob anymore, the special bosses (Sirus, Elder [-guardians], ...) are, and there is one use of vDD not so important IMO
"
Sentry001 wrote:
Hi,

I've been playing this build for about a week now and am enjoying it a lot.

I'm not sure what to improve on next !!

my POB : https://pastebin.com/r5FfuhE0

if anyone has any advice for me it would be very much appreciated.

hi, i suggest you some changes on you passive tree, such as juggernaut notable and add jewel socket with trash points... see

https://pastebin.com/8t3fwrU7
"
LadyLoriana wrote:

Hey, I'm not sure how Vaal DD works, when it doesn't have enough souls it automatically falls back to "normal" DD?

So when we hold right click (with Frenzy) you get a burst of dmg when there are enough souls and when there aren't you just get the usual DD?
"
Marduk_HNT wrote:
"
LadyLoriana wrote:

Hey, I'm not sure how Vaal DD works, when it doesn't have enough souls it automatically falls back to "normal" DD?

So when we hold right click (with Frenzy) you get a burst of dmg when there are enough souls and when there aren't you just get the usual DD?

correct. V-DD works like the regular DD until you get enough souls to activate it
"
dreadking_ wrote:
imo you are right.

Its always the balance between corpses spawned and corpses consumed (by whom).

one thing i noticed while playing around in PoB (and calculating an exact DPS value in excel, taking CDR into account) and i want to know your opinions:
DD doesnt really help inside the 6 link. it takes damage away from VD, which is our main damage source (9/12 corpses taken). inside the 6-link you push the DD damage above VD, but still VD consumes more corpses and does more DPS.

6Link: VD/SS/ElemF/SpellC/ConcEf/Hypo
3Link: DD/SS/SpellC

VD Spell dmg: 115k -> *9*3,03 = 3.136m
VD Corpse dmg: 79k -> *9*3,03 = 2.154m
DD Spell dmg: 48k -> *3*3,03 = 0.436m
DD Corpse dmg: 34k -> *3*3,03 = 0.309m
Sum -> 6.035m dmg

6Link: VD/DD/SS/ElemF/SpellC/ConcEf

VD Spell dmg: 82k -> *9*3,03 = 2.236m
VD Corpse dmg: 56k -> *9*3,03 = 1.527m
DD Spell dmg: 124k -> *3*3,03 = 1.127m
DD Corpse dmg: 87k -> *3*3,03 = 0.790m
Sum -> 5.681m dmg

so ~350k dps difference, but at the cost of three gem sockets.
If we could fit a 4th gem to DD (lets assume: hypothermia? haven't run the numbers for the other support gems yet) we would increase its DPS to 1.154m, bringing the first example to 6.444m!

so, what are your thoughts? better gain 3 sockets? (cast on damage taken, immortal call, ?/molten shell/steelskin)
ignore sockets take good dmg? i really don't know it :-)

Currently, i am playing without guard/support skills and took down a8 sirus/shaper/elder without troubles, haven't tried uberelder so far.
Still, i am dying every once in a while in the maps (also maybe due to not having glancing blows :D)

what about combustion supp in VD? i drop elem.f by combustion, and conc.ef by inspiration (have probl with mana reservation).. but the damage is still good...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info