Constant "unexpected disconnection occurred" (PS4)

The frequency is definitely increasing for me. To the point where the game is now unplayable.

How do you change servers, on console? I want to try and do some testing, to see if it is server isolated.

Edit: just got a PM, turns out it's in options on the login screen. I didn't spot it previously
Last edited by Chilliani on Mar 26, 2020, 11:24:40 AM
I play on xbox wired connection 200mb broadband connection changed to local london server since yesterday all i get is constant failed to connect to server issues GGG its currently unplayable

😢😢😢😢😢😢😢
For me its just lagging like hell. I think it’s nearly berfore the disconnect 😂
I've only starting getting this issue after the 3.10.0e update and maintenance. The game isn't lagging (internet lag) it's just trying to load into a instance then getting the unexpected disconnection occurred
Ok, so after some testing switching from Auto gateway to a specific server appears to fix the issue.

My uneducated guess is that people are dropping connection when being passed between gateways. Specifically, in my experience, it was when moving from Amsterdam to London gateways.
I’ve been having the same issue in the US. The California server is probably the worst, The Texas server hiccups every few hours, and the Washington server is so far away I get lag there on good days.

I’m using a wired 500mb connection and still getting unexpected disconnections.
Canadian player here. I also get the disconnect on loading instances since 10.3.0e. PS4.
Last edited by Mazhurg on Mar 26, 2020, 8:33:31 PM
Addin on to my last - unsure what you are doing with the PS4pro networking features, however when I get disconnected from this error it somehow corrupts the PS4/router table requiring a router and PS4pro reboot to reconnect the PS4 to the internet. Upon further investigation only the PS4 needs a reboot as the connection will eventually re-establish itself after 10 minutes or so.

No other devices on the networks are affected.
Last edited by Mazhurg on Mar 28, 2020, 7:52:22 PM
After having the same issues and doing some experimenting around, I looked up the PSN server status and I'm relatively sure this will be similar for Xbox players, but this is what they state on their playstation server status page (for germany at least):

"You may experience somewhat slower or delayed game downloads because we're working with ISPs to manage download traffic. We believe it's important to do our part to address internet stability concerns as an unprecedented number of people are staying home and practicing social distancing. We appreciate the support and understanding from our community."

So basically they get too many people on the servers trying to use their current free time to play/download/stream or whatever. So it's not on GGGs site with this. At least that's what I read from that. I guess we just have to be patient until the issues are resolved on Sonys/Microsofts side of things.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info