GGPK Defragmenter

My content.ggpk was dated 12/01/11 and only ended up saving 60 MB.
I did miss a lot of the CB patches though.

It also reduced load time from over 2 mins to about 30-40 seconds.
Curious: Doesn't the regular Windows defragment tool also do this for the GGPK files?
"
triggerhippy wrote:
Curious: Doesn't the regular Windows defragment tool also do this for the GGPK files?

dont think that windows defragmenter can access encrypted files
Windows will defragment the entire file but will not reduce its size or repack it more efficiently.

Optimally you should repack it with this tool and then run some kind of hard drive defrag.
Last edited by Angus on Feb 10, 2013, 8:02:18 PM
Thanks for the replies.
thx alot for this usefull tool. It really lowers my 1st loading times, 1st game opening to login screen, previous 1m40s , after 45sec. Map loading times also 2x better.

BUT, the problem is

1 - when i am on the login screen, News section is HTML codes all over. When i am ingame and return to login screen it gets fixed.

2 - i got disconnected after 5-10mins no matter what i do, but when i use original ggpk file this wont happen. DC is starting with qwert and 12345 keys not working for 3 4 secs and i can see i will DC and it happens. (sry bad english)

Hope GGG developers can do something similar about this and our loading times getting better . (even if i gained only 50mb of space from ggpk, my loading times was 2X better)
Load times are much better. Although I only saved about 60mb.
RIP Diablo franchise

RIP Bird Lovers of Wraeclast <BLÔW>

Congrats Chris & others for cashing out! I don't blame you. I'll be saving money now... unless I start making a lot more. Can't wait to see if you guys start a new studio in six years! RIP GGG
Only saved 13 MB of disk space and cut down load times by about 10 seconds. Mildly disappointing, but at least it works and doesn't break anything.
"
Spitneybears wrote:
thx alot for this usefull tool. It really lowers my 1st loading times, 1st game opening to login screen, previous 1m40s , after 45sec. Map loading times also 2x better.

BUT, the problem is

1 - when i am on the login screen, News section is HTML codes all over. When i am ingame and return to login screen it gets fixed.

2 - i got disconnected after 5-10mins no matter what i do, but when i use original ggpk file this wont happen. DC is starting with qwert and 12345 keys not working for 3 4 secs and i can see i will DC and it happens. (sry bad english)

Hope GGG developers can do something similar about this and our loading times getting better . (even if i gained only 50mb of space from ggpk, my loading times was 2X better)

I had those issues, happened when they initiated the Log In Queue system with zero warning. If the servers are progressively reaching capacity, let us know prior to kicking us all D:

Surely you can set a threshold for when to send a caution message that there may/may not be the need to initiate a queue system within the next 1-5 minutes before it becomes a necessity?

Like if server reaches 90% capacity, warn everyone in advance and then when it becomes necessary (95% to 98%) kick everyone.

You should be able to automate it even.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Feb 12, 2013, 12:30:56 AM
is it me or the 1st login menu loading times improved ALOT with new patch? Cause Login screen opens in about 15-17 secs for me now. I didnt change anything... pls confirm this :)

edit: Ok , first time loading game it takes now 40-45secs, and when i quit client and load it again it only take 15-17 secs. This never happened before. I really dont know if its my side or patch itself doing this. But its great now :)
Last edited by Spitneybears on Feb 13, 2013, 11:55:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info