GGPK Defragmenter

Nice tool once I read the posts about command lining it. Might maybe edit that to go into the OP? Shaved about 300mb off my total file, cut my initial load time from 2-3 minutes down to about 50 seconds. Thanks a ton dude :)
How do you do this? I clicked on the things and nothing seems to have happened.

Am I missing the step by step "How to" post amongst the 10 pages?
"

Yes... here's two, descriptions. Pick whichever you understand better.

"

1: Shift + Rightclick in the PoE folder (Anywhere in the window except on files/folders)
2: Select "Open command window here", the command prompt will open directly in this folder
3: In the command prompt type: ggpk_defragment.exe Content.ggpk Content2.ggpk
4: Press enter and wait it'll take a few minutes
5: Once done click on the Content.ggpk file and rename it to something else (eg. Content.ggpk.bak)
6: Rename the Content2.ggpk that got created to Content.ggpk and you're done

"

1. You need to run cmd.exe
2. Go to the location of your client.exe in the command prompt by using cd.. and cd <foldername> as commands.
3. Write "ggpk_defragment.exe content.ggpk content2.ggpk"The program will take several minutes to finish. After it has finished it will tell you.
4. Go to the folder of your client.exe.
5. Change name of content.ggpk to contentold.ggpk6. Change name of content2.ggpk to content.ggpkThen you have done it right! :)

ps. I assume you have moved ggpk_defragment.exe into the path of exile folder, I assume that Client.exe and content.ggpk is in the same folder and that folder is the path of exile folder - anything else would seem illogical.

You don't really need the old backup file if you have tested that the game works after you've defragmented it (if you want to save space). Personally I removed mine, but then again I've got fast enough internet to re download the game even if something would screw up, so it's not a major issue.
"

The hashes for each filename entry in a directory is a lowercase Murmur2 hash. This is used to do fast traversal when looking up a file by path.

File content hashes are SHA-256, and directory content hashes are SHA-256 of the concatenated SHA-256 hashes of the children.

As I hinted above, the FREE nodes are left over when old structures are deleted (most commonly when they are resized or recreated when adding to the pack). Each free node contains the offset to the next free node in a free node chain.

Why wouldn't you hash the actual child record headers? They aren't covered at all.

Speaking of which, the packcheck program could really do with an update; the record signature is completely ignored as is the directory hash (however it's rectified to reflect the potential corruption deeper down...)

The game also doesn't appear to do any integrity checks; corruption manifests itself as random errors.
"The problem is there ARE secure netcodes" -- Pewzor
Last edited by Emjayen on Feb 15, 2013, 12:27:43 AM
God bloody damn it juuhan, why'd you have to remind me about that shift & right-click shortcut? I always forget about it! Always! And it's always so useful :/

Always.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Feb 15, 2013, 1:35:04 AM
content.ggpk created on october 14th 2011
saved 450 MB
Ever since the past few patches that came up. I have been taking too long to load on an SSD.

This defragmenter fixed the problem.

Load time is less than 1 second between zones.
Went from 5.30 GB to 5.29 GB.

Didn't seem to help me...
"
Crevox wrote:
Went from 5.30 GB to 5.29 GB.

Didn't seem to help me...

Probably because you only just started playing in the Open Beta and as such, haven't had nearly enough patches to cause any fragmentation.
Last edited by Angus on Feb 15, 2013, 5:54:08 PM
"
juuuhan wrote:
"

Yes... here's two, descriptions. Pick whichever you understand better.

"

1: Shift + Rightclick in the PoE folder (Anywhere in the window except on files/folders)
2: Select "Open command window here", the command prompt will open directly in this folder
3: In the command prompt type: ggpk_defragment.exe Content.ggpk Content2.ggpk
4: Press enter and wait it'll take a few minutes
5: Once done click on the Content.ggpk file and rename it to something else (eg. Content.ggpk.bak)
6: Rename the Content2.ggpk that got created to Content.ggpk and you're done

"

1. You need to run cmd.exe
2. Go to the location of your client.exe in the command prompt by using cd.. and cd <foldername> as commands.
3. Write "ggpk_defragment.exe content.ggpk content2.ggpk"The program will take several minutes to finish. After it has finished it will tell you.
4. Go to the folder of your client.exe.
5. Change name of content.ggpk to contentold.ggpk6. Change name of content2.ggpk to content.ggpkThen you have done it right! :)

ps. I assume you have moved ggpk_defragment.exe into the path of exile folder, I assume that Client.exe and content.ggpk is in the same folder and that folder is the path of exile folder - anything else would seem illogical.

You don't really need the old backup file if you have tested that the game works after you've defragmented it (if you want to save space). Personally I removed mine, but then again I've got fast enough internet to re download the game even if something would screw up, so it's not a major issue.

why do i need to rename those 2 files? o.0

some1 care to explain it pls?

If i do those steppes, i won't have any "Content2.ggpk" o.0

Also, can't i just delete the "old Content.ggpk" file instead of renaming it?
Last edited by Sikab on Feb 17, 2013, 2:19:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info