GGPK Defragmenter

SSDs aren't supposed to be defragmented, so does this thing harm SSDs or is it safe?
"
Nymphios wrote:
SSDs aren't supposed to be defragmented, so does this thing harm SSDs or is it safe?

SSD's don't suffer from general slowdowns due to file fragmentation across the OS system files, other data files, etc. since SSD's have no moving parts. HDD's have to spin up and "move" a reader to the correct section of the disk, so if those locations are far away, it takes more spins, and it takes more time, leading to long wait times, especially if there are 10000 files and they are all on different spots in the disc.

What this tool does, is takes out the fragmentation WITHIN GGG's file (.ggpk). Why is this fragmentation there? Because over time, as you patch the game, irrelevant bits and pieces get leftover/accumulate. So, this tool removes THAT stuff, and it has nothing to do with whether you have a SSD or HDD.
Thank you for this! Shaved off 5779.03 MB's XD
How do I even get it to open? The .rb file will not open for me.
My Content.ggpk just went from 52Gb to 25Gb, this is pretty insane!
"
0versky wrote:
"
Tuni wrote:
I wasn't able to get this thing work too. Drag-drop failed, running as admin failed, tried different compatibility modes but no luck.

This is what worked for me:
-Go to your PoE installation folder
-Copy the .exe there
-Shift + right click anywhere in the folder
-Click 'Open command window here'
-Send 'ggpk_defragment.exe Content.ggpk' without quotes and done.

Hope it works for you too.

Thank you so much. This worked like a charm. 1000 MB reduced, damn that's a lot.

Windows 10 Here

For me work like this ->
-Shift + right click anywhere in the folder
-Open PowerShell window here
Send .\ggpk_defragment.exe Content.ggpk
Last edited by d1rtiq on Jul 6, 2020, 3:06:18 AM
Anyone use it On steam ggpk? Because the official client Run my poe 100 fps less than the steam client version ..
I desfragmented the original ggpk .. and the istances load several seconds fastly. But i dont wanna play the game as 40 fps instead 140 XD

If anyone could defragment the steam .ggpk please let me know how!
33.9 GB to 28.3 GB I call it a win
funny that users can improve developers work.... small indie company btw.
what this program does for me constantly right now is using all space on my ssd...

had it running for half an hour now and all it does still is taking more and more disk space...

edit: no idea if this worked at all, the program just closed itself when i had no disk space left to allocate
Last edited by GodMidas on Aug 18, 2020, 7:02:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info