[3.15]Archmage Ball Lightning Hierophant, will it work in Expedition?

What would be the best way to craft a Increased mana recovery rate belt?
@Aniki: MoM is only 50% of damage so its only 50% of your life pool.

*ed: oh duh yes you are right. 50% effect MoM = doubled life

**second ed: wait no, I was right. Everytime I've used MoM calculators the optimal mana set up was about 40% of your maximum life pool. Since we go up to 50%, the optimal amount of mana is probably about 70% of life, not 100%
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Feb 2, 2021, 2:01:19 PM
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
@Aniki: MoM is only 50% of damage so its only 50% of your life pool.

*ed: oh duh yes you are right. 50% effect MoM = doubled life

**second ed: wait no, I was right. Everytime I've used MoM calculators the optimal mana set up was about 40% of your maximum life pool. Since we go up to 50%, the optimal amount of mana is probably about 70% of life, not 100%

This is the first MoM build I've played in years so I might not be doing something right, but I'm pretty certain 50% of damage to mana first doubles your HP as long as you have enough mana.

Unless I'm just way worse at math than I thought, if 50% of damage you take hits your mana before your life - that means they have to hit you for double your maximum life in 1 hit to kill you as long as you have current mana equal to or higher than your life (which is ez on this build).

So if you have 3200 life, and something hits you for 6400 damage - you will lose 3200 life and 3200 mana, killing your instantly. If something only hits you for 6398 damage then you lose 3199 life and 3199 mana, meaning you still have 1hp and are still alive.

~IGN: Nagisan
Soo... Inquisitor or Hierophant in 3.13?
Not sure this is the best way but I used alterations on a redeemer stygian until I got the tier one recovery rate. Then I imprinted it. Then augmented and regal'd it. I was looking to get tier 1 or 2 mana and resistance or life. Reason being is that you can upgrade life and resist through harvest. If I didn't get those, I converted back to original and aug/regal'd again. Craicic Chimerals are going for 25c so I bought a few thinking I could sell back what the ones I didn't use. I was lucky and got mana with aug and life with regalon second try. From there I will use harvest mods to upgrade life and add resist I need. Looking for two resist and increased damage for suffixes. Again, not sure if this was the best way but worked for me. A great deal easier than last season. Last season it cost quite a bit more.

Didn't exactly follow your build but the write down on BL mechanics helped me a lot and this was the first i found when searching around for BL archmage stuff. Just wanted to say that i've never played an archetype as broken as this. I'm more or less fully minmaxed now clocking in at around 125-135m total "real dps" now without vaal RF on.
"
crispyexcal wrote:
What would be the best way to craft a Increased mana recovery rate belt?

Lucent fossil spam a shaper belt imo, lets you craft something like this very easily combined with harvest.

Fossil spam until t1 mana and t1 mana recovery. Shaper has very good suffixes easily forced with harvest. Double augmemt caster gives you cast speed and spell dmg during flask effect. Or on a redeemer base works too if you just want resistances.
Last edited by Mbuh on Feb 2, 2021, 8:05:31 PM
"
Nagisan wrote:

Sorry my calculations are wrong...at 50% mana damage it does jump to 100% of life

Might try to get a watcher with the extra 10% = 150% of life
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Feb 2, 2021, 9:04:28 PM
"
Didn't exactly follow your build but the write down on BL mechanics helped me a lot and this was the first i found when searching around for BL archmage stuff. Just wanted to say that i've never played an archetype as broken as this. I'm more or less fully minmaxed now clocking in at around 125-135m total "real dps" now without vaal RF on.
So you have around 2.5M Average Hit showing for SDPS?

I doubt that.
"
SkylerOG wrote:
"
So you have around 2.5M Average Hit showing for SDPS?

I doubt that.

Average hit hardly matters no? That wouldnt take into account cast speed, AoE or proj speed. I am at 11m PoB dps however times 12 avg hits per ball. Sirus, no shock, no RF ofc. Even though i dont use Ele Focus so some amount of shock would probably be realistic even but lets disregard that.
Last edited by Mbuh on Feb 3, 2021, 12:32:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info