[3.15]Archmage Ball Lightning Hierophant, will it work in Expedition?

"

2 skill points = 1 jewel socket here. And you can easily get 30+ crit multiplier and 10% mana from 1 jewel.

What about the resistances? Could the resistances allow you to shuffle some item enchantments around? For example, could the all resist on your ring become chaos resistance, or something like that?

It just seems like for a build that uses regen, resistances due to many uniques, and crit multiplier, it could be potentially useful.

You could also potentially sacrifice some life skill points to gain the damage.

I know at that point its probably 6 one way, half dozen the other, but it seems like it could be useful. Probably more useful at earlier gearing levels.
"
"
"
Is there a tree past level 75 for the non crit hiero version?

There is a levelling PoB in levelling section.

I did see that, but that one only goes to level 75. I was wondering where to spend the next 20 skill points :)

Just check poeninja and follow whoever you think is the best then. Most people use a similar tree.
Last edited by Aniki_Leads_people on Aug 2, 2020, 2:27:10 PM
I have been using this build in standard lately and i have never pushed a build this far DPS wise and i'm loving it! But there's something i don't understand is how you manage to sustain so much regen and be able to cast non stop, i have watcher's eye with 1.41 damage leech as mana as well and against bosses i still don't have enough regen to be able to cast non stop, and with the agnostic and the 50% MoM i have these awkward moment sometimes where i just can't cast BL for a few seconds. Here's my PoB if someone wants to have a look and tell me what i am missing. https://pastebin.com/Gr34jtAy
Hi, I am giving this build a go, probably as my final build for the league (i dabbled a lot this league...)

Random question, with Skyforths why do you have the two points in avoid stun while casting? Couldn't you get 60 dex for the same two points? You could then add a better chest modifier and get your projectile weakness to 20. The 35 str doesn't seem to be worth the trade off.
"
Alphabel wrote:
I have been using this build in standard lately and i have never pushed a build this far DPS wise and i'm loving it! But there's something i don't understand is how you manage to sustain so much regen and be able to cast non stop, i have watcher's eye with 1.41 damage leech as mana as well and against bosses i still don't have enough regen to be able to cast non stop, and with the agnostic and the 50% MoM i have these awkward moment sometimes where i just can't cast BL for a few seconds. Here's my PoB if someone wants to have a look and tell me what i am missing. https://pastebin.com/Gr34jtAy

You need "Increased mana recovery rate" on belt and "70% increased Mana Regeneration Rate if you've cast a Spell Recently" enchantment on boots.
"
Aevaris wrote:
Hi, I am giving this build a go, probably as my final build for the league (i dabbled a lot this league...)

Random question, with Skyforths why do you have the two points in avoid stun while casting? Couldn't you get 60 dex for the same two points? You could then add a better chest modifier and get your projectile weakness to 20. The 35 str doesn't seem to be worth the trade off.

Right now I am just not motivated to polish my character anymore XD
"
Alphabel wrote:
If you're playing this build on Standard server then you should follow mine.

https://pastebin.com/V0YDERK4

I have quite a bit more DPS/damage per cast than you, and I don't even use Agnostic/RF.

I only have about 500 less life than you, but I also have over 3000 ES, too. So my EHP is around 12k, and quite a bit more than yours, as well.

My BL's only cost ~2600 w/ slower proj (~750k average hit), and 3100 w/ GMP, but I have 2200 mana regen and no degen because no RF (only VRF as needed), on top of AM and Cursed Concoction, so I never run out of mana (unless i stand in one spot for 15 seconds holding down BL).

I also have 33 AoE (because I can still use Sanctuary of Thought), while you're sitting around 28 (PoB doesn't calculate AoE properly with Pledge of Hands). So I can reach the 13 hits per BL limit while you're only getting around 10 per BL.

I also use Unleash, too. So you're doing around 4 BL's x 10 hits per cast x 620k average hit = around 25M damage per cast (~13m DPS), while I'm doing around 8 BL's x 13 hits per cast x 750k average hit = 78M damage per cast (~39M DPS). Plus more EHP, plus I don't run out of mana.

The only big caveat to mine vs. yours is that I have a 100% mana cost Fevered Mind jewel. But I see people still selling those on Standard for 50c to 1 exa, so they're still affordable.

If you're on standard, Agnostic/RF is NOT the way to go with this build.
Last edited by SkylerOG on Aug 3, 2020, 9:38:21 AM
"
SkylerOG wrote:
"
Alphabel wrote:
If you're playing this build on Standard server then you should follow mine.

https://pastebin.com/V0YDERK4

I have quite a bit more DPS/damage per cast than you, and I don't even use Agnostic/RF.

I only have about 500 less life than you, but I also have over 3000 ES, too. So my EHP is around 12k, and quite a bit more than yours, as well.

My BL's only cost ~2600 w/ slower proj (~750k average hit), and 3100 w/ GMP, but I have 2200 mana regen and no degen because no RF (only VRF as needed), on top of AM and Cursed Concoction, so I never run out of mana (unless i stand in one spot for 15 seconds holding down BL).

I also have 33 AoE (because I can still use Sanctuary of Thought), while you're sitting around 28 (PoB doesn't calculate AoE properly with Pledge of Hands). So I can reach the 13 hits per BL limit while you're only getting around 10 per BL.

I also use Unleash, too. So you're doing around 4 BL's x 10 hits per cast x 620k average hit = around 25M damage per cast (~13m DPS), while I'm doing around 8 BL's x 13 hits per cast x 750k average hit = 78M damage per cast (~39M DPS). Plus more EHP, plus I don't run out of mana.

The only big caveat to mine vs. yours is that I have a 100% mana cost Fevered Mind jewel. But I see people still selling those on Standard for 50c to 1 exa, so they're still affordable.

If you're on standard, Agnostic/RF is NOT the way to go with this build.

Thank you for the insight i will look into it!
"
"
Alphabel wrote:

You need "Increased mana recovery rate" on belt and "70% increased Mana Regeneration Rate if you've cast a Spell Recently" enchantment on boots.

Oh right i need to look into that thank you!
Completed 36 achievements, thanks a lot for the build.
Here is my yesterday's fight with A8 Sirus on the non-crit version for ~ 40ex, maybe the video will be useful to the author.
You can download and upload wherever you want.
-Video-
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/699764784
Last edited by tennamidy on Aug 4, 2020, 1:14:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info