[3.14] Volatile Dead Spellslinger Necromancer | League Starter | Beginner Friendly

At the moment, a level 32 character:
Desecrate-Spellslinger
Volatile Dead-Spellslinger-Inspiration
Wave of Conviction-Spellslinger-Combustion Support

That eats 85% of my mana

Should come down a little - Spellslinger now has a reservation override of 30%, reducing to 25% at level 20 - but I'm going to need to find other ways of reducing reservation costs as well before I can even dream of being able to use the full link sets in this build
This is weird but if I link Inspiration it reserves more mana!
I'm curently crying blood tears trying to run 3 spellslinger with decent damage at lvl 35.

I have taken the soveriegnty shpere but it's still not enought. Maybe I should try a corrupted jewel like conqueror's efficiency.

I'm so disapointed :/

Should i continue this char or just reroll ?
"
ponyhook wrote:
This is weird but if I link Inspiration it reserves more mana!

Yup. Inspiration has a >100% mana multiplier and won't reduce cost of reservations. You need Enlighten for that.
Managed to get this working to a degree by skipping Scion life and going into Shadow / Ranger to grab the charisma cluster as well as Sovereignty.

Now on a 6-link (2x 5-links):

Spellslinger - Volatile Dead - Detonate Dead - Inspiration - Spell Cascade - Hypothermia.

Then just use one more spellslinger for desecrate & spell cascade.

With a Conqueror's Efficiency you get to reserve 96% of your mana which allows me to manually cast my bone offering and also cast a Wave of Conviction attached to a spell totem and added fire. Hopefully this setup can be replaced with a trigger wand at a later date.

I levelled without issue though as the basic 4-link VD and added 3-link spellslinger desecrate setup with plenty of mana left over. One nice thing about being in Shadow is you get access to the Elusive on Kill node.

Build is playable as is so I shouldn't need to get a helm enchant that reduces spellslinger mana reservation freeing up other options but adding it in would probably make the build a bit more comfortable to play.

Anyway, build seems ok for what I can tell. I haven't really tried it before as I quit very early on last league. It is "playable" and levelling felt really decent to me.

Last edited by DrHarvey12 on Sep 20, 2020, 11:45:24 AM
Why this build has Warcry passive but does not include any warcry gems?
"
ponyhook wrote:
Why this build has Warcry passive but does not include any warcry gems?

You need to grab the updated PoB, that has Enduring Cry on the setup, I was confused at first too. I just have it on my Left Mouse Button and it uses it off CD and let's you keep moving normally.
I'm doing this as a necro, and yah it's hard just to run two spellslingers, I had to get reduced mana headgear, sovereignty, and conquers efficiency without running inspiration in the 6 link.

In the future, when I actually have money, I'm going to try and anoint Charisma for that 8%.
"
DrHarvey12 wrote:
Managed to get this working to a degree by skipping Scion life and going into Shadow / Ranger to grab the charisma cluster as well as Sovereignty.

Now on a 6-link (2x 5-links):

Spellslinger - Volatile Dead - Detonate Dead - Inspiration - Spell Cascade - Hypothermia.

Then just use one more spellslinger for desecrate & spell cascade.

With a Conqueror's Efficiency you get to reserve 96% of your mana which allows me to manually cast my bone offering and also cast a Wave of Conviction attached to a spell totem and added fire. Hopefully this setup can be replaced with a trigger wand at a later date.

I levelled without issue though as the basic 4-link VD and added 3-link spellslinger desecrate setup with plenty of mana left over. One nice thing about being in Shadow is you get access to the Elusive on Kill node.

Build is playable as is so I shouldn't need to get a helm enchant that reduces spellslinger mana reservation freeing up other options but adding it in would probably make the build a bit more comfortable to play.

Anyway, build seems ok for what I can tell. I haven't really tried it before as I quit very early on last league. It is "playable" and levelling felt really decent to me.

Good alternative. I might just follow your tree. Specing into Marauder side apparently gives little upsides other than resist and instant warcry~

boy the spellslinger nerf really did this build in good.

currently running 2x 3L Spellslinger + 1x 4L Spellslinger. Really can't upgrade the 4L into a 5L.
Last edited by skeithyip on Sep 20, 2020, 10:30:23 PM
Same problem. 2x 3L + 1x4L is possible, but not more. Not sure, if this is a good build for endgame :/

Would it be possible to put VD + DD in one 6L with spellslinger?

Or maybe unique amulett with Charisma entchant?
Last edited by Miwel2010 on Sep 21, 2020, 4:06:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info