[3.16] Coldslinger | Vortex | Creeping Frost | League Start | SSF | CI/LL

I love this build!
Used it league start and most of Ritual.
Can someone link me a starter build POB for this build? Life/ES before switching to CI? want this build for 3.14
Last edited by Omnithree on Apr 10, 2021, 10:42:20 AM
"
Omnithree wrote:
Can someone get me a starter build POB for this build? Life/ES before switching to CI? want this build for 3.14
Guide has the full budget starter version along with levelling guide and tips on transitioning from hybrid to full ES in the opening post. I'd imagine lots of folk do the opening slightly differently depending on preferences, I always add a Holy Flame Totem to any starter when I can, but the guide version works perfectly as is.

Whether it holds up as is for 3.14 nobody will know until patch notes drop on Wednesday, with a few hints on how things might pan out given Monday in the manifesto.

I wouldn't expect any tree/build changes to fundamentally change the levelling setup. Any time you put into it as is should still be valuable for Friday.
"
Omnithree wrote:
Can someone get me a starter build POB for this build? Life/ES before switching to CI? want this build for 3.14

Hi!, I have made a POB to level 85 almost , based on life according to my criteria, it would be something like this
https://pastebin.com/uuYhvPV9
only tree, use items the ones you get...

then you can switch to CI easily, with refound some points, and the appropriate equip..

anyway, wait for the patch notes...
Last edited by IverzonX on Apr 10, 2021, 11:25:40 AM
thanks guys :)
Thanks for the detailed guide, this is going to be my build for next season assuming no massive changes.
Hoi,

Iam thinking about to start next friday with this biuld in ssf -sc-. Is here any life based start pob? or miss i smg?

ty
Wanted to share my final version of this build. Took me through 37 challenges this league and killed all bosses (Maven, Aul, etc.) except for Uber Atziri (that reflect phase....). Solid bossing ability, decent clear speed, very tanky once I hit 9k ES. I stuck with the LL version even though there are a couple of CI versions that could be better. I played around with the PoB of those versions and it would take multiple mirrors to be better than the CI version though. Here's my ending gear and jewels:

Edit PoB: https://pastebin.com/4EQZkFwd

I was trying to craft boots with Tailwind and gloves with Cold Dot plus Culling Strike but didn't get them finished before league end.

I think everyone should go with Frenzy over Power Siphon, even without culling strike gloves. Once you have culling strike gloves, then it's a no brainer that Frenzy is the better strike gem.

I think Tempest Shield is superior to any other gem you might slot into the wand setup and makes it easier to drop the Rumi's flask.

Also everyone should work towards stacking three curses. There's little to no downside for this build (other than the cost of AW Hextouch and a curse on hit ring). You could even make the case for going 4 curses by picking up Whispers of Doom on the tree and having Elemental Weakness on hit on your second ring.

Oh and two Frozen Trails plus projectile speed is totally worth it. Speeds up clear a lot.

The spellslinger helmet enchant lets you take a medium cluster with different notables than Self-Control, while also solving a big chunk of the mana problem. But Frostbite curse effect, Vortex AoE or damage, etc. are all fine.

For Ascendancy the first three are required I think, but for the fourth I played a while with Withering Presence, Profane Bloom and even Forbidden Power. I can say that Forbidden Power isn't worth it and honestly the other two aren't really worth it either. Having capped chaos resistance sounds nice, but I didn't die more frequently without it, even against AW9 Sirus or other places with chaos damage. The explosion option was also underwhelming because we don't have enough AoE or chaos damage increases to chain the explosions. So in the end I think pick whatever you want for the last Ascendancy, it doesn't really matter.

I'll check this thread over the next couple days if anyone has any questions.
Last edited by kevinbrightblade on Apr 12, 2021, 7:20:23 PM
This is my version of LL of this build inspired by my friend.

Few items arent finished due to laziness, took enough r/a crafts to get some of them anyway, and I just didn't want to bother myself.

All res are 75 including chaos res and chaos dot res. Have 10.2k es with 6m+ dps without EE and it just feels like enough do to whole endgame.

EDIT: Here are my jewels.

And here is PoB for interested - https://pastebin.com/Mr9Bj6xm
Last edited by n_Velocity on Apr 12, 2021, 12:18:38 PM
"
Wanted to share my final version of this build. Took me through 37 challenges this league and killed all bosses (Maven, Aul, etc.) except for Uber Atziri (that reflect phase....). Solid bossing ability, decent clear speed, very tanky once I hit 9k ES. I stuck with the LL version even though there are a couple of CI versions that could be better. I played around with the PoB of those versions and it would take multiple mirrors to be better than the CI version though. Here's my ending gear and jewels:

I was trying to craft boots with Tailwind and gloves with Cold Dot plus Culling Strike but didn't get them finished before league end.

I think everyone should go with Frenzy over Power Siphon, even without culling strike gloves. Once you have culling strike gloves, then it's a no brainer that Frenzy is the better strike gem.

I think Tempest Shield is superior to any other gem you might slot into the wand setup and makes it easier to drop the Rumi's flask.

Also everyone should work towards stacking three curses. There's little to no downside for this build (other than the cost of AW Hextouch and a curse on hit ring). You could even make the case for going 4 curses by picking up Whispers of Doom on the tree and having Elemental Weakness on hit on your second ring.

Oh and two Frozen Trails plus projectile speed is totally worth it. Speeds up clear a lot.

The spellslinger helmet enchant lets you take a medium cluster with different notables than Self-Control, while also solving a big chunk of the mana problem. But Frostbite curse effect, Vortex AoE or damage, etc. are all fine.

For Ascendancy the first three are required I think, but for the fourth I played a while with Withering Presence, Profane Bloom and even Forbidden Power. I can say that Forbidden Power isn't worth it and honestly the other two aren't really worth it either. Having capped chaos resistance sounds nice, but I didn't die more frequently without it, even against AW9 Sirus or other places with chaos damage. The explosion option was also underwhelming because we don't have enough AoE or chaos damage increases to chain the explosions. So in the end I think pick whatever you want for the last Ascendancy, it doesn't really matter.

I'll check this thread over the next couple days if anyone has any questions.

Will you share your POB ?
Also do you Use EE, i'm using EE, but after recorded video and watch in slow, i see thath bosses half of the time are resistant to Cold, how do you avoid this ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info