[3.16] Coldslinger | Vortex | Creeping Frost | League Start | SSF | CI/LL

Tried it. No mana issues anymore, but dps is pathetic relative to my prior build. I must be doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what. :\
"
Kohelani wrote:
Tried it. No mana issues anymore, but dps is pathetic relative to my prior build. I must be doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what. :\

Sure its not due to lowlvl of creeping frost?
"
Ugh, my SSF run has had poor drops and I got mulched by Piety for the first time in years.

Not sure how to help, what exactly are you having issues with? You should be able to rinse Piety using the early-on lightning spellslinger setups.

"
Kiance wrote:
How in pastebin FORK you using Elemental Equilibrium, if you having wand + attack fire and skill attack cold ?

"
aka2411 wrote:
how do we trigger EE in this build?

EE is triggered by orb of storms and storm brand. If the monster has been hit by fire/cold lately, the lightning damage will overwrite it. is only relevant for bossing. Even in maps, if you have the mobs resistant to cold, they will die instantly.

"
dralshady wrote:
"
Kohelani wrote:
I haven't played PoE since 2017, so this is my first Heist league. I started out w/a Creeping Frost build and am L48 in A5, but I've been wanting to try a Spellslinger build, so I gave your build a shot.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but dps is anemic and I run out of mana after 2-3 shots. I only have 1 4L and it's 3 blue, 1 green; so I put Spellslinger-Arc-Added Lightning Dmg-Added Cold Dmg in it. I have a 2nd Spellslinger w/Controlled Destruction and Elemental Focus in a wand.

I have Power Siphon and Faster Casting Support linked. Other than that I have Flame Dash & Clarity socketed.

If I can figure out how to make this build work I'd like to use it, but the Creeping Frost build I used previously hits much, much harder w/no mana issues. Do I absolutely need 2 4L blues to make this work? Seems a lot to ask in A4 just starting out.

Im lvl 46 myself. I tried the arc but really didnt work out for me. Instead did creeping cold-spellingslinter-elemental focus and wave of conviction-spellslinger on the other. With that I have zero problems clearing and zero problems with mana although I have to mention I took a few nodes with mana regen. Also creeping frost do need a few lvls on it.

If you only have one 4L (3B + 1G- I would personally recolor the green to a blue) and one 3L (3B). Set your gems as follows: Spellslinger + Arc + Added Lightning + Added cold (or controlled destruction | Spellslinger + Wave of Conviction + Physical to Lightning or Added Lightning Damage. Be aware, this build uses lightning skills to level up because they're significantly faster (in my opinion) than using the normal creeping frost, vortex, frostbolt setup.
Coldslinger: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2797749
"
aka2411 wrote:
Can someone advise me on what should I prioritize upgrading? Currently lv 75 and doing ok-ish in white maps but idk it feels kinda lackluster :(

Prioritize getting a new chest with high ES/resists. A 5L 400+ ES chest >>>>>>> 6L Tabula. Your main damage source isn't just Vortex, it's also Creeping Frost, so you don't require a 6L do deal a ton of damage. Also, looks like your gloves have pretty low ES- shoot for 110+ ES on the gloves. Once you do that, you'll see a significant increase in your ES/survivability. Take a look at the gear section of the guide- it should give you some good pointers.

"
dralshady wrote:
"
Kohelani wrote:

Sure its not due to lowlvl of creeping frost?

If you enable your Characters to be public, I can look at your character and provide you some direction. As it stands, I have no idea what you're doing right or what you're doing wrong. As dralshady said, a low level Creeping Frost or Vortex will bite you very hard. As a spell build, your primary source of dps comes from the level of your gems.
Last edited by Clydehart on Sep 23, 2020, 7:48:41 AM
"
Rooty2 wrote:
Really liking the build so far! Leveling so far has been super smooth and the transition to CI was smooth too. I do want to ask where the low life version of the build went since I was looking forward to having that as my end goal for the build since it adds so much power. The old POB for it seems to have quite the issue with mana reservation right now. Switching the bonechill in the frostbolt+frostbite spellslinger to enlighten seemed to solve it though, and there's already a bonechill in creeping frost. Looking forward to playing the build more though!

Just put out the low-life version POB. It's a fair bit different than before the 3.12 update, as it no longer uses Wicked Ward and instead relies on ES leech + regen, but should overall be better at sustaining with the buff to Vitality.
Last edited by Clydehart on Sep 23, 2020, 7:51:22 AM
Seems great so far thanks for making the guide.
Last edited by Flowen87 on Sep 23, 2020, 8:25:48 AM
i've decided on a gg item for the league:

a ring with frostbite on hit, with an empty socket, with a bunch of resists. this will let me shove discipline into a ring since i'm never linking it to anything, and then get another free gem slot in my boots.

i'm experimenting with my boot slot.

discipline

CWDT + void sphere + blind

note: discipline is linked but the linkage doesn't matter so you don't have to waste fusings.

i'm unclear how much i like this compared to other choices, but void sphere hinder + blind feel nice with how mobile this build is.
Really enjoying the build, just lvl 54 still and lvling but the damage feels real good :) One issue im having tho is that I feel like a giant glass cannon, if anything tickles me I almost go down every time and if its a rare mob that takes a swing at me I more or less always die :S Will this get better later on or is this kinda a glass canon build?
"
Clydehart wrote:

Prioritize getting a new chest with high ES/resists. A 5L 400+ ES chest >>>>>>> 6L Tabula. Your main damage source isn't just Vortex, it's also Creeping Frost, so you don't require a 6L do deal a ton of damage. Also, looks like your gloves have pretty low ES- shoot for 110+ ES on the gloves. Once you do that, you'll see a significant increase in your ES/survivability. Take a look at the gear section of the guide- it should give you some good pointers.

Thanks, I did upgrade my stuff. Can I ask in case of going with 5L beast fur, what is the priority of the gems? :d
How do you guys think this build will perform on console?
Does it require too much skill triggering/pressing?

On consoles hotkeys kind of suck so the less button pressing the better.
Flasks Notwithstanding since there is no way to avoid flaskpiano.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info