[3.16] Coldslinger | Vortex | Creeping Frost | League Start | SSF | CI/LL

"
"
Kazh wrote:
on a small cluster Energy from Naught is the best one until you get massive ES gear, and even then it might still be the best one. If there isn't any for sale it doesn't matter, you can just alt spam and craft it yourself for cheap.

I'm not very familiar with all the notables either, but you can check poedb (https://poedb.tw/us/Small_Cluster_Jewel) for a quick reference on all available notables.

Thanks for the super fast response! I took a couple of leagues off and totally forgot about poedb.tw, and a small cluster jewel actually makes a lot more sense since I won't be investing more than a few points into it.

I believe with the guide's PoB's tree you have exactly enough points at lvl 100 to have 1 large, 1 medium and 1 small cluster with 1 notable allocated each assuming they're all at their lowest number of passives (8/4/2 respectively). There are some pretty good mods on medium and larges aswell, and if I remember correctly, one of which gives a pretty good boost to DoT multiplier (I think it was +26%). But yeah, early on, I'd definitely prioritize a small cluster with Energy From Naught. Which reminds me, I need to get myself one and respec those ugly Wandslinger points.
It's been asked before with no answer so I'll ask again: how come the build doesn't recommend Vaal Discipline? Is there a downside to using this over plain old Discipline?
"
jnskeh wrote:
It's been asked before with no answer so I'll ask again: how come the build doesn't recommend Vaal Discipline? Is there a downside to using this over plain old Discipline?

I can't see any possible downside except one more button to press, you can obviously use it. I'm assuming OP didn't say to take it in the guide simply because the build doesn't necessarily need it ?
Last edited by Kazh on Sep 23, 2020, 11:09:41 PM
"
Kazh wrote:
"
jnskeh wrote:

I can't see any possible downside except one more button to press, you can obviously use it. I'm assuming OP didn't say to take it in the guide simply because the build doesn't necessarily need it ?

Yeah, Wicked Ward kind of makes the Vaal skill pointless (unless you're running in a group, I guess, but meh). Plus it's corrupted, so if you want 20% quality, you'd have to get lucky and find it or buy it.
I dont think we need Conqueror effiency right? my mana is just fine without it. Can we replace it by the 2nd frozen trail for more QOL?

When should be the time to switch for LL version?
"
aka2411 wrote:
I dont think we need Conqueror effiency right? my mana is just fine without it. Can we replace it by the 2nd frozen trail for more QOL?

Yes Conqueror's Efficiency is situationally required. If you can reserve everything without it and still have enough mana left to use your skills, go ahead and replace it for sure. I personally removed mine for a random jewel with immunity to Corrupted Blood, which will in time turn into a Frozen Trail with corrupted blood immunity.
Last edited by Kazh on Sep 24, 2020, 4:20:06 AM
"
aka2411 wrote:

i took off conq and put on two 1% mana res corrupt frozen trails. that gave me enough of a mana pool to throw on lesser multiple projectile onto frostbolt. huge boost to clear speed and sheer map coverage.

"
"
Kazh wrote:
"
jnskeh wrote:

Yeah, Wicked Ward kind of makes the Vaal skill pointless (unless you're running in a group, I guess, but meh). Plus it's corrupted, so if you want 20% quality, you'd have to get lucky and find it or buy it.

vaal discipline is still outrageously useful for me with wicked ward.

ON THE OTHER HAND, i could take off wicked ward and let vaal discipline + ES leech gem do the heavy lifting. taking that off would increase the amount i leech as well.

(i replaced inspiration with ES leech. the mana is still working fine so far.)

re: cluster jewels

next point i get gives me prismatic heart which not only gives damage but opens up my gearing even more with 10% elemental res. i think i'm going to take off wicked ward for awhile, see how it plays. the ES leech gem is lovely for both sustain and damage.

i'll have a fair amount of time to think about the medium i want next.

i kinda want conservation of energy:

8% increased maximum Energy Shield
0.3% of Spell Damage Leeched as Energy Shield
10% increased Maximum total Recovery per second from Energy Shield Leech

unfortunately the only jewels with that as a medium are....not cheap.

otoh nothing prevents me from dropping in two smalls on the large.

remember: you can choose wisely with the cluster jewels to get resists with the small passives, and open up your gearing!
Last edited by saeka_tyr on Sep 24, 2020, 6:42:31 AM
Can OP or someone get some kind of cluster jewels guide for after lv 85?
Prioritize high ES + resistances rare -> Beast Fur Shawl -> Incandescent Heart. What it mean. Best in slot High ES+res rare or Incandescent Heart?
the tinkering continues.

the fluid motion jewel is.....interesting.

i never liked those strength passives in the lower left but i love that block cluster to death. this turns them into useful dexterity. +40 from the strength passives, +20 or so from the jewel itself. easy +60 dexterity.

this lets you dump the agility passive (+30 dex) and GREATLY relax your dex attribute requirements for an amulet.

plus you can get a 1% mana reservation corrupt on it. need to find/make one.

i'm poking around, wondering if it is possible to work in a herald. especially with the 30% reduction on discipline reservation.

yes i'm getting deep into fine tuning. i want to rip out the entire branch out to the foresight passive, but putting that in as an anointment would be annoying.

i'll have to play with that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info