What We're Working On

I have shader cache on since start of the league, its not that.
Please do a further investigation since that is obviously not the issue.
Game has been performing like shit since blight so spend more time to find actual issue.
"
Anuwiel wrote:
So you don't want to get rid of the soft timer.

I don't understand that decision and the silence around it.

No timer would let slow and defensive build do the mapping at their own pace while still rewarding the glass canon builds : they clear faster so they already get more income per hour...

U want it all, don't you?
They get more income because they are 'glass canon', they take risks to get more rewards!
You want to be so defensive and safe, and still get as many rewards as ppl playing risky?
Sounds good, i have to say. Will see
"
bex_HB wrote:
"
glasseater wrote:

Cut spam.

Such a non-important side show in comparison ...

@topic

Looking forward to this, did not play some days now waiting for improvments "in the fog" ;)

your post seems to be "very non-important" too.
Awesome, but I will miss original difficulty, where you really need to actively dodge things and not passively dodge them with same character stat.

Maybe add original difficulty as "deadly Delirium" modifier?
I personally love the new changes to everything. But i can see why the players who are here for the challenge are really miffed. The difficulty of on death effects made it insanely fun, but I agree the dmg was too high. I really like that they don't do it nearly as often, but i see why the more hardcore/thrillseeker players are angry. But all around I love the changes :D
Most of the changes wouldn't be needed if the timer was removed. The gameplay is so rushed, arcade, running like a cockroach or jumping like a rabbit, faster and faster to keep with timers. Monster should be tough, pose a threat, deadly, but players should have time to fight them, to see what is going on. And with timer mechanics they are forced into movement/clear speed builds.
"
Smear wrote:
More nothing burger

Dude, seriously, go get your eyes checked.
Guud !!
Love :3
I will try to write everything I like and dislike here now:
Things I like:
+ Delirium Orbs! I love the way a map feels like if you apply 5 Delirium Orbs. I love how I need to play very very carefully and still get rewards for it.
+ I love the wave idea in the Simulacrum, it made me want to play Hardcore again because of the feeling that you can opt out when you read what's coming next. Very nice design. (and you don't actually have to clear all the way to get rewards so you can just clear as far as you want/can)
+ Cluster jewels are awesome.
+ Getting extra mobs and additional extra rewards while mapping feels very rewarding for me.

Things I dislike:
- While mapping it feels forced to clear fast which works against the whole playing carefully thing I described earlier.
- I think Simulacrum needs a bit more room to breath. Playing carefully and slower punishes your gains per hour anyways, so when you decide that you will stand at a relatively save spot to kill the enemies in smaller groups while they are running towards you will have worse farming results anyways.
- Loot from 5 Delirium Orbs compared to loot from 4 Delirium Orbs. If you take twice as long to clear a Delirium Orb map it should yield more rewards.
- Some super high damage builds could still trivialize the content and get extremely high rewards.

Things I propose (mostly for integrating into the main game because I think it's OK like it is now):
* 5 Delirium Orb maps should bring way more rewards compared to lower tiers of Delirium content.
* Simulacrum could have a main spawn point where most of the monsters spawn and you can decide to stand somewhere else so that only very few enemies spawn right on top of you and the enemies slowly creep up to you so that you have a little time to prepare your stand and you get loot a little slower
* Make Delirium Orbs spawn at a higher frequency and throw away the timed mechanic (I think the only people really enjoying this league are people who like to play carefully. Those people also don't really like the mirrors so if you tune it just right it could be that the people who like to play carefully have a niche in the game and the people who don't want that can just sell the orbs. Playing safer and actually getting rewarded for it feels soooooo good)
* Crank up the damage resistance of monsters and let it decay after they took damage for the first time. This way the people playing very carefully don't get punished but you cannot just speed through it. (Implementing this well would mean that you could crank up the rewards without risking to break the economy)

Final thoughts: I love the theme and the direction you took with this league. I didn't think that in a game that has gotten so fast, careful play could ever be rewarding again, but you proved me wrong. With the right amount of tweaking you could actually manage to bring back what Chris Wilson envisioned in this game, at least as optional content. Love it so much. Thanks!

P.S.: My knowledge of the Simulacrum is not from playing it myself, only from watching other people play it (not enough time this league), but I think with 4.5k hours played I got a feeling for it regardless.
P.P.S.: Sorry for my bad English, I am not a native speaker.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info