[3.10] Unkn0wN's Archmage OOS Hybrid MOM Trickster- 11kEHP 15mil+ Shaper DPS League Starter

Firstly, thank you for the well written guide. If anyone have run into trouble leveling with this just buy 2 spellsinger gems in act 2 after the first toleman misson.

equip 2 Wands, put frenzy somewhere in your gear.

In one wand you put spellsinger/desecrate/spellcascade

Your second link is spellsinger/volatile dead/spellcascade/some damage gem

This way its super easy to level a caster build.

You don`t need to use the lvl 60 tree and run into the respec trouble. Just use the 93 tree from start and switch to orb of storms later.
noob question, if I put my frostblink with cast when damage taken support, I cant cast by myself

EDIT: OK I just lvl over ilvl60 frostblink and now I can use XD
Last edited by paccianivive on Mar 22, 2020, 2:07:47 PM
I did a lot of changes to my character and would like to provide some feedback.
First of all I did awakening level 4 veritania, sirus and simulacrum, veritania was easy, on sirus I died 3 times because of some random stuff falling on me, simulacrum killed me 3 times, 1 death was from boss one shot, 2 from mobs under "allies can't die" totem, though I'm sure I will be absolutely fine with quartz flask and vaal grace, maybe I will even look at acrobatics keystone, but 30% less es hurts a bit, also I'm not using fortify in my shield charge setup, this will add a lot of defence due to the lack of other reduced damage taken modifiers.
Changes I made:
21 20 archmage support
20 20 faster casting support
Updated my cluster jewel tree to fit medium jewel with evil eye (5% more damage and 5% dodge against cursed enemies) and master of fear (unnerve and intimidate on on cursed enemies) and a small jewel for scintillating idea
Helmet enchant 9% more damage against enemies on consecrated ground created by purifying flame, I run purifying flame in my wand instead of lightning golem, consecrated ground also gives me 100% crit chance by default
Added vaal RF and vaal haste.
My char has less than 10ex worth of gear and performs very well imo, but only upgrades that I see is very expensive, like rares for a couple of ex each, bottled faith, a large cluster jewel like mine, but with 2 jewel sockets, awakened gems, watcher's eye with mana added as energy shield, maybe essence worm or mark of the shaper after triple 40+ res rares with mana and life, but not sure on this one.
Did you test low life/ci version of this build?
What would you recommend for budget annoints?
well written guide, just wondering how or if you even want to make use of the recovery rate of patient reaper? (hope i wasn't blind and missed it) and which helmet enchant would you prefer if you had to buy one now (crit vs damage)?
OOS has always been a fun build, archmage just takes it to dumb territory.

As far as ascendancy order goes, I assume Dance => Artist => Arcane => Reaper, since you can just spam mana flasks early on.
How do you feel about allocating Arcane Swiftness?
If you have some fire damage to your spells you can get 70% regen from killing ignited enemies.
Sorry for the delayed responses I was busy last couple of days and didn't find time to post on here!

"
Salvi123 wrote:
Thank you for the very detailed answer, I'm using flame dash because it's instant, while frostblink is not, it has a very noticeable delay, idk if it's a bug, but it makes frostblink very uncomfortable for me to use.
Flame dash is instant and also have initial hit, so culling strike works, tested it.
What stats should I priorities on wand and shield?
I did test hypothermia instead of chain for bosses, but I don't think it gave me much damage due to the low mana multiplier of hypothermia (120%) and also I didn't find this gem swap option in your guide, so I doubt it's usefulness, but not sure.
I think I will also use vaal RF and haste to boost my damage on bosses.

Stats to prioritize on wand/shield are high spell power, high cast speed, mana, and lightning or %non-chaos damage as extra chaos damage

PoB finally has support for archmage damage calc so no more having to manually do it to test difference. I checked hypothermia support out after adding enemy is chilled modifier in configuration on PoB and you're right it seems like a very solid swap in over chain support for bosses if you don't have a white socket on your shroud of the lightless.

Regular controlled destruction only loses out a little bit to it in terms of damage and might be slightly more consistent if boss ever moves out of chilling ground, and awakened controlled destruction solidly beats its out if you get white socket and currency to buy it.

"
Salvi123 wrote:
I did a lot of changes to my character and would like to provide some feedback.
First of all I did awakening level 4 veritania, sirus and simulacrum, veritania was easy, on sirus I died 3 times because of some random stuff falling on me, simulacrum killed me 3 times, 1 death was from boss one shot, 2 from mobs under "allies can't die" totem, though I'm sure I will be absolutely fine with quartz flask and vaal grace, maybe I will even look at acrobatics keystone, but 30% less es hurts a bit, also I'm not using fortify in my shield charge setup, this will add a lot of defence due to the lack of other reduced damage taken modifiers.
Changes I made:
21 20 archmage support
20 20 faster casting support
Updated my cluster jewel tree to fit medium jewel with evil eye (5% more damage and 5% dodge against cursed enemies) and master of fear (unnerve and intimidate on on cursed enemies) and a small jewel for scintillating idea
Helmet enchant 9% more damage against enemies on consecrated ground created by purifying flame, I run purifying flame in my wand instead of lightning golem, consecrated ground also gives me 100% crit chance by default
Added vaal RF and vaal haste.
My char has less than 10ex worth of gear and performs very well imo, but only upgrades that I see is very expensive, like rares for a couple of ex each, bottled faith, a large cluster jewel like mine, but with 2 jewel sockets, awakened gems, watcher's eye with mana added as energy shield, maybe essence worm or mark of the shaper after triple 40+ res rares with mana and life, but not sure on this one.
Did you test low life/ci version of this build?

Nice work man those are some great ideas, didn't think about purifying flame for the consecrated ground, that's awesome. I myself am not going to switch to it because I'm getting the 90% crit enchant for OOS on the helmet today probably and my abyss jewel gives 10% increased attack speed if a minion is killed recently so having that on my trigger wand is working out great as every time it procs on the lightning golem I'm getting that boost.

I also upgraded to 21/23 archmage support and have 20/20 faster casting as well, I still haven't tried upgrading my cluster jewel setup yet but that sounds awesome.

Also OOS as an ability has a bit of trouble with allies can't die modifier on enemies as we rely on chain to spread the damage, I usually rely on my frost blink to destroy the totems as it does good enough damage to do so with all the extra spell power we have by default.
I have the simulacrum on farm myself at this point for the most part usually only dying maybe once or not at all and mostly because the whole game freezes for 5 seconds when bosses spawn.

I did not test out low life/ci version of the build as I intended for it to be a league starter with little initial investment and I could be wrong but low life/ci usually are a bit pricier on required gear. I'll probably setup a PoB for it soon though as I think it sounds pretty interesting, would have some challenges to overcome in the setup though considering our current configuration of gear.

"
RareFN wrote:
What would you recommend for budget annoints?

Budget annoints would be Heartseeker, True Strike, or Arcane Potency, Dreamer would all be good choices and don't require a golden oil, with only Arcane Potency requiring 1 silver oil.

Those 3 crit nodes give more flat out damage than Arcane Chemistry but I'm going to stick with it because I like the bonuses it offers for my flask usage and it still gives a decent amount of damage increase.

"
rvdeh wrote:
well written guide, just wondering how or if you even want to make use of the recovery rate of patient reaper? (hope i wasn't blind and missed it) and which helmet enchant would you prefer if you had to buy one now (crit vs damage)?

Thanks! Recovery rate increase from patient reaper when killing enemies affected by your dot I assume is what you're talking about, not sure the best way to get this bonus worked in outside of small amount of fire damage to spells, which would proc ignite since we crit regularly. Best helmet enchant for OOS is the crit chance enchant. % damage increase is second best.

"
R4yy wrote:
How do you feel about allocating Arcane Swiftness?

Arcane swiftness as a notable cluster is alright for our build just a bit inefficent damagewise per point so unless you desire the extra block chance because you're having trobule surviving or you're playing hardcore I don't recommend it.

Is it possible to place above 3 Fevered Mind, Inpulsa + Storm's Gift?
Last edited by minhthang on Mar 25, 2020, 3:43:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info