How the Delirium Launch Went

Please, can you REALLY consider what your playerbase feels is also important for the game?
I love the work you do on the game guys, I truly do. But can you please just step back from new content and realize that there is some major shit that has to be fixed to stop long time players leaving, and new players giving up within a few acts. Unclear/Hidden mechanics and dramatic performance degradation in combination with unavoidable one-shots are making PoE an unplayable hot mess. We don't need new content, it's only putting lipstick on a pig. I believe the community would much prefer it if you took some time out and focused on improving what we already have.

Yes I am aware that not everyone on the team can help with performance improvements, but there are other aspects of the game that don't require this expertise that can be worked on.

I for one am 100% on board with a "game refinement league".
Dear GGG,

I love your game and I will keep playing, supporting and hopefully enjoying it but I honestly don't know what to do or how to act at this point.
The screen freezes and fps drops during delirium encounters and even the tiny ones outside of delirium while encountering a bigger pack of monsters or activating legion encounters have made the game unplayable for me.

I love the idea behind the league and would love to continue to play but I honestly can't. Please for the love of god fix the screen freezing and fps drops.

I have a powerful system and I can run any game on the market in 4k resolution, I've ran multiple benchmarks to test my ram, cpu and my gpu to make sure the problem is not on my end.

Words can't espress how sad I am, I'm not the person to play a game if it has permanent stuttering and performance problems at this degree, please don't get me wrong.

"
Ameadius wrote:
I love the work you do on the game guys, I truly do. But can you please just step back from new content and realize that there is some major shit that has to be fixed to stop long time players leaving, and new players giving up within a few acts. Unclear/Hidden mechanics and dramatic performance degradation in combination with unavoidable one-shots are making PoE an unplayable hot mess. We don't need new content, it's only putting lipstick on a pig. I believe the community would much prefer it if you took some time out and focused on improving what we already have.

Yes I am aware that not everyone on the team can help with performance improvements, but there are other aspects of the game that don't require this expertise that can be worked on.

I totally agree here.

Also, the loot should be like Incursion/Blight/Synthesis where it all pops out once the encounter/timer/etc is over. I know those have focal points to drop around and the fog doesn't, perhaps the player can be used as that focal point.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
CrabCanc3r wrote:
For the life of me, everytime I run through a delirium portal and kill the delirium spawn, nothing drops at all.

I am doing something wrong?

The big problem I have with the Delirium mechanics are the absolutely abysmal explanations of what was what (or lack of explanations, that is) from every source I could find.

I had to manually figure out that to trigger most of the spawns you have to run over those insanely hard to see grey-white-ish clusters on the ground, and only some of them appear to do anything. Half of them (the skeletons primarily) do nothing.

To add to the frustration, I can't tell which direction the fog is coming from and thus which direction to run to maximize my time in it. Additionally it's hit or miss if I'll find any of those aforementioned clusters on the ground at all. I've had entire levels devoid of them, meaning no loot for all the risk. We can't pick what loot we'd like to see since it's 100% RNG. And the risk to reward ratio is way out of whack.

I like the concept, but the monochrome implementation is just so hard to see anything with. If they got rid of the fog effect that would help tremendously. It'd also help if we could tell which way the fog was going to travel so we at least know which general direction to go to make an attempt to maximize our rewards should we want to make the attempt.

Also, the Delirium mechanic is absolutely worthless in the indoor areas. There's zero point to even bother with it if you're not in an ourdoor area with lots of space to run through quickly. The Legion mechanic had this problem too. Indoor areas are not suited for these types of mechanics and offer up more frustration than anything else.

I want this league to succeed, since it has at least some of the Legion feel to it, albeit at the cost of 100% RNG in every aspect of the mechanics. At least in Legion I could choose which mobs I broke free so I had some control over the rewards. In Delirium I don't, and I'd say about 90% of the time it's junk rares. I've actually just started selling rares without IDing them because so many drop relative to everything else that I have no scrolls to ID them with.

Perhaps it's time to start doing what is done with Diablo 3 and having a beta test/public test realm for upcoming league mechanics so some feedback can be given before it launches and all of the bad parts are laid bare.

I'm hoping the development manifesto gives us reason to be optimistic. But the first thing that needs to be done is if the Delirium activated area is going to be monochrome, is the fog has to go. Not being able to tell where you're going without the map up is just not going to work.

Here's hoping for some good news tomorrow. :)

Edit:

"
Ameadius wrote:

It would also help if they did away with that whole "10% chance to spawn in the Core game" thing and let us choose which league mechanic we want full time on a character. At least the choice should be there even if the rest that aren't what we pick is still 10%. And SSF desperately needs a reduction or removal of the divination card drop penalty so it isn't total famine while leveling unless you stop leveling to focus on an area like Mud Flats in Act 6 so you can get the Lioneye equipment - that took me a week and a half for just the bow and jewel, and a good 200 divination cards, and that's with the drop penalty.

There's too much crammed into the game now and having it only available in maps once the league is over (and only a 10% chance per mechanic to spawn or trigger) sucks, especially when you're focusing on Core due to the current league at the time not being to your liking.
Last edited by SquishyTia on Mar 15, 2020, 10:40:26 PM
What is the reward from playing this league, Cluster Jewels, that's all? From what I can tell that's it.
IGN RighteousRom LvL-100 Juggernaut
Mirror Drop T-14 Shrine
As you know ggg the whole world is fighting the corona virus. People are trapped in their homes, so the last thing we need is more stress. Please review the league mechanics and let us have some fun.

Thank you.
More lagg with every league, and ofcourse let's add more on death effects! fk sake
Can you describe in the manifesto why the league mechanic works exactly opposite to the way the head league mechanic designer Neon said it would? It's literally a zoom zoom Headhunter-only league.
It went about as well as Eimhard did at the poe 4 announcement, cringe.

League mechanic....... a grey screen with grey mobs with grey spells/ attacks and then you die.

Go read some angry reddit threads, its more fun than playing this league.
If you can't handle the truth, just delete the forum post - Precious Flower

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info