Cold Conduction Cluster Jewel Notable Clarification

So. Aside from the herald. With Cold Conduction I can still chill and shock at same time at full effect using only cold damage (or with anything able to chill)?
"
2ndPerk wrote:
"
Kasseopea wrote:
Ok...but what is the intensity of the the Shock? Is it equal to the Chill? Is it a flat amount?

Presumably it is the 15% that other non-damage sources of shock have.

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
The shock in this case is not caused by the hit, it is caused by the chill. It thus comes from the same skill as the chill, just not from the hit. Since Herald of Thunder cannot shock at all, not just with hits, this will still prevent that shock.

Weirdly this shock intensity is not specified either in game or in cluster jewel announcements, unlike all the other notables or exposure or skitterbots. If it's really a fixed 15% increase damage taken then it's the single best damage notable for cold builds that focus on freeze defense. If it could be further increased by non-ailment damage effect then I'm gonna post on reddit, the trash non-ailment medium jewel turns out better than all
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
2ndPerk wrote:
This implies that the source of the chill/shock is the notable, not the hit that caused the other.
The source of the "extra" ailment is you, not the hit. If it were the hit it would frequently do nothing because it would then still be dependant on the hit dealing the correct type of damage to determine the strength of the ailment.

"
2ndPerk wrote:
when a mob is frozen, it counts as chilled
No. It is not the case that being frozen makes you count as also being chilled. Being chilled makes you count as being chilled.

Usually, things that get frozen also get chilled by the same hit, because usually chill and freeze are caused by the same damage type, and chill is always applied by hits that deal enough of that damage. So a hit that freezes will also chill. This is just a thing that happens, not a requirement for freezing.

By using The Three Dragons, you are explicitly changing that interaction so that freezing is instead caused by lightning damage, and not by cold damage. The Three Dragons doesn't make lightning damage able to chill, only to freeze. It does also make cold damage unable to freeze. So your hits with lightning damage will be able to freeze but not chill. Without something to give some other damage type the ability to chill, you can't chill with hits at all with The Three Dragons, because it removes that capability from cold damage, and doesn't grant it to any other damage type.

What is the base shock/chill effect that this notable inflicts?

Does it copy the damage that caused the shock/chill or does it apply the generic 10% value?

Also - what happens when you use effects like Glacial Hammer that have properties like "Hits count as xx% MORE damage when Freezing". Do these effects apply to the intensify of the other effect?
I am also interested in how the shock is calculated and if it could be increased via "increased effect of non damaging ailments".

Greetz
So the inpulsa explosion also won't shock with cold conduction, even if it chills, right?
"
Xigar wrote:

So the inpulsa explosion also won't shock with cold conduction, even if it chills, right?

This is correct, sadly.
Goose Volt!
"
xposthofx wrote:
I am also interested in how the shock is calculated and if it could be increased via "increased effect of non damaging ailments".

Greetz

Can we get an answer on this and if its the base 15% shock or based on damage?
"
NSUCK wrote:
"
xposthofx wrote:

Greetz

Can we get an answer on this and if its the base 15% shock or based on damage?

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/fy2jy3/tested_various_game_mechanics_cold_conduction_aoe/
i have 1 question, is trap/mine/totem get cold conduction (ex: can a mine that deal cold damage shock? and if the overstock increase the shock effect from cold conduction

my build :

[3.8] ice golem 7m+ UE dps - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2615681/page/1#p22292507

[3.8] ZOMBIE AND THE BOIS https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2628455/page/1#p22347490
patch 3.10.1f

Fixed a bug where shocks applied by the Cold Conduction cluster jewel notable had their magnitudes and duration inversed

what does this change? what is the strength of shock now? still 10%?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info