[3.14]CoC Poet's Pen Blade Fall/Blade Blast |League start to All content down |16M+ Dps fast clear

"
yusayu wrote:
"
Q: Why barrage over frenzy, frenzy attacks faster with frenzy charges
A: Poet's pen interaction with barrage makes the pen trigger faster than frenzy. It may sound stupid and ridiculous, but refer to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2kBBQL8J50&t=1s
Alternatively if you dont believe anything anyone say or any video you watch online, socket only wave of conviction in your poet's pen, attack with frenzy, make a marker where the wave travels to. Repeat with barrage, if wave of conviction travels further, that means the triggers are slower.
Frenzy attacks should trigger slower and the wave should travel further

I don't think this is the case anymore. I just tested it with Wave of Conviction as you suggested and couldn't see a difference in how far it travels with Frenzy/Barrage.

Was this ninja-patched?

Might be, i dont see a huge difference anymore. However, we still prefer barrage because of the coc set up and its not worth investing in frenzy charges due to militant faith(28% spell dmg > 12% dmg +12% attack speed)
My Builds/Stream

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2814713
Hi, enjoying the build so far. I just got the poets pens and to be honest I don't quite understand how the interaction works and what I'm supposed to do. I'm probably just being dumb.

Do I just spam barrage and that's then triggering all the spells on poet pens or do I actually need to cast one of the wand spells?

And then is the bladefall on my chest just being triggered when the poet pens one crits?

Sorry if you can give me a crayon level explanation it'd be much appreciated :)
"
BeholdMyGirth wrote:
Hi, enjoying the build so far. I just got the poets pens and to be honest I don't quite understand how the interaction works and what I'm supposed to do. I'm probably just being dumb.

Do I just spam barrage and that's then triggering all the spells on poet pens or do I actually need to cast one of the wand spells?

And then is the bladefall on my chest just being triggered when the poet pens one crits?

Poet pens are triggered by just attacking-- even if you simply initiate an attack without hitting anything. Barrage is supported by cast on crit, which DOES require hitting something to proc the bladefall socketted in the chest piece. The ones in the poet pens trigger automatically just through initiating an attack, bladefall drops blades on the ground and then your second attack triggers blade explosions. If you hit and crit with barrage another bladefall is activated which then drops more blades on the ground which then gets exploded by the poet pen that has blade blast in it. More blades being added = more explosions.
Jkurs on twitch, come and join the action . :)
"
BeholdMyGirth wrote:

Jkurs gave a pretty good explanation there

As for what you need to do, just right click(barrage) and dodge shit that are potentially 1 shot mechanics.
My Builds/Stream

How do you feel about Ambush and Assassinate over Opportunistic?
"
ApexDivinity wrote:
How do you feel about Ambush and Assassinate over Opportunistic?

Opportunistic:
25% perpetual more multiplier damage
10% reduced damage taken with 2 rares nearby(think heist and league content that love to stack rares together to destroy you)
Anti reflect if crit
20% movement speed while mapping(if you arent killing while mapping i dont know what you are doing)

VS

Ambush and assassinate
Conditional only when full life
100% increased crit(thats a flat 5-6% chance to crit)
40% crit multi(thats around 10% more damage)

Conditional only when low life(<35%)
25% more damage
100% increased crit(thats a 5-6% crit again)

Opportunistic because its permanent damage booost/reduction, with speed and possibly anti reflect from crit(i dont really use this coz its expensive to push further to super cap crit excluding flasks)

Ambush and assassinate is good if you deal slow but bigger hits, because the full life conditionals can be used.
Also, it focuses on more damage when an enemy is dying, which is conditionally good especially on sirus/uber elder, when the last phase is always the tight moments

Up to you, but i like opportunistic
My Builds/Stream

"
Jkurs wrote:
"
BeholdMyGirth wrote:

Poet pens are triggered by just attacking-- even if you simply initiate an attack without hitting anything. Barrage is supported by cast on crit, which DOES require hitting something to proc the bladefall socketted in the chest piece. The ones in the poet pens trigger automatically just through initiating an attack, bladefall drops blades on the ground and then your second attack triggers blade explosions. If you hit and crit with barrage another bladefall is activated which then drops more blades on the ground which then gets exploded by the poet pen that has blade blast in it. More blades being added = more explosions.

Hi, thanks for this and the further down replies. That makes sense, much appreciated.
How do I level with poets pen? I kinda want to use them already
hey man, i cant get the pob to work at all and im stuck not knowing where to put my points:/. ive checked out the community github but i dont know how to get it to work. (just kidding i figured it out)
Last edited by bigngrizzlee on Sep 25, 2020, 1:48:13 PM
hay astarift i see you used taken pain attunement in pob is this a mistake?
Last edited by AngusKhanTheGreat on Sep 25, 2020, 2:34:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info