[3.14]CoC Poet's Pen Blade Fall/Blade Blast |League start to All content down |16M+ Dps fast clear

Hey, what are some early leveling items you would recommend to use with this build? I haven't played for a few leagues now and this build looks really fun so I'm starting a playthrough with it.

Would it be a good idea to get either the storm prison wand or a lifesprig?

I know you explained it a bit but since I'm pretty much new to the game again, what are some early links you'd say to go for?
Last edited by shadowrs on Sep 22, 2020, 2:35:22 PM
The pob link is broken since they updated it? Can you post an updated pob? cheers
"
shadowrs wrote:
Hey, what are some early leveling items you would recommend to use with this build? I haven't played for a few leagues now and this build looks really fun so I'm starting a playthrough with it.

Would it be a good idea to get either the storm prison wand or a lifesprig?

I know you explained it a bit but since I'm pretty much new to the game again, what are some early links you'd say to go for?

Whatever gives us spell damage, we will take it. I levelled with rares on my starter all the way until i got the poet pens

"
GzaTheGenius wrote:
The pob link is broken since they updated it? Can you post an updated pob? cheers

Which pob link do you have problem with? are you using the community fork pob? it might be buggy/unable to load if you arent
My Builds/Stream

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2814713
any leveling section guide to this build for 3.12?
"
Domilele wrote:
any leveling section guide to this build for 3.12?

Leveling has pretty much no changes since 3.12 did no changes to the acts
My Builds/Stream

This build absolutely destroys, but i am running into big chaos resistance issues. The build seems a bit squishy to me when venturing into those red maps. Always loved poet pen builds, this one is very nice, just wish it was a bit tankier.
Jkurs on twitch, come and join the action . :)
"
Jkurs wrote:
This build absolutely destroys, but i am running into big chaos resistance issues. The build seems a bit squishy to me when venturing into those red maps. Always loved poet pen builds, this one is very nice, just wish it was a bit tankier.

It changes drastically once you swap into the tree with acrobatics, because the sustain is almost instant and you tend to not get hit twice in a row often
My Builds/Stream

"
Astarift wrote:
"
Jkurs wrote:

It changes drastically once you swap into the tree with acrobatics, because the sustain is almost instant and you tend to not get hit twice in a row often

you should probably remove the first endgame setup, as I switched immediately once you said something to see if it would matter, and the difference is quite big. I have 4.2k hp with the change(I only lost about 300hp). My gear is lacking good life affixes, but the difference in surviving is quite noticeable. Really, yes its easy to get one shotted, but its still just as easy to get one-shotted at 5.5k well just the same.

Also, maybe consider either getting a mod for body armors that says "Nearby enemies are blinded", I believe it is a Crusader affix? but then you could drop flesh and stone and perhaps add in something else(arctic armor?? Dread banner? for reduced accuracy on enemies?? fortify on placement?), or even make it so you dont need 2 enlightenments. Yes, you would lose the % reduced dmg from things not blinded, but this way you can blind things from offscreen and prevent you from getting spiked by ranged attacks as well.

Or even these gloves to allow for a chance to blind on all your hits. (as evasion base obv lol)
Jkurs on twitch, come and join the action . :)
Last edited by Jkurs on Sep 24, 2020, 12:43:57 AM
"
Jkurs wrote:
"
Astarift wrote:
"
Jkurs wrote:

you should probably remove the first endgame setup, as I switched immediately once you said something to see if it would matter, and the difference is quite big. I have 4.2k hp with the change(I only lost about 300hp). My gear is lacking good life affixes, but the difference in surviving is quite noticeable. Really, yes its easy to get one shotted, but its still just as easy to get one-shotted at 5.5k well just the same.

Also, maybe consider either getting a mod for body armors that says "Nearby enemies are blinded", I believe it is a Crusader affix? but then you could drop flesh and stone and perhaps add in something else(arctic armor?? Dread banner? for reduced accuracy on enemies?? fortify on placement?), or even make it so you dont need 2 enlightenments. Yes, you would lose the % reduced dmg from things not blinded, but this way you can blind things from offscreen and prevent you from getting spiked by ranged attacks as well.

Or even these gloves to allow for a chance to blind on all your hits. (as evasion base obv lol)

First end game set up was there as an entry level, having more life to ensure no 1 shots, the second one is there for a final end game where you have slightly less life(always keep it 5k+) but a stronger survivability boost

Issue with the mods on chest is that i wanted to keep the budget lower, as a super min max version, getting stuff like explode on death/blind nearby mod would be the super end game. Although i am still a fan of flesh and stone and possibly i will drop it for herald of purity since its buff(for spells) last league

Once you hit around 5.5k life you just need more and more damage to delete everything before they touch you, we have the reach and the clear, since we arent reliant on coc for the triggers and we are ranged

The gloves are pretty good btw
My Builds/Stream

Last edited by Astarift on Sep 24, 2020, 4:14:17 AM
"
Q: Why barrage over frenzy, frenzy attacks faster with frenzy charges
A: Poet's pen interaction with barrage makes the pen trigger faster than frenzy. It may sound stupid and ridiculous, but refer to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2kBBQL8J50&t=1s
Alternatively if you dont believe anything anyone say or any video you watch online, socket only wave of conviction in your poet's pen, attack with frenzy, make a marker where the wave travels to. Repeat with barrage, if wave of conviction travels further, that means the triggers are slower.
Frenzy attacks should trigger slower and the wave should travel further

I don't think this is the case anymore. I just tested it with Wave of Conviction as you suggested and couldn't see a difference in how far it travels with Frenzy/Barrage.

Was this ninja-patched?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info