[3.14]CoC Poet's Pen Blade Fall/Blade Blast |League start to All content down |16M+ Dps fast clear

I'm using this build. It works great! A couple of things I wanted to bring up though.

Thief's Torment is AMAZING, and might be worth considering to keep even into endgame. I put 20% quality on mine for life so that it gives +72 life per hit.

Volley Fire (6 more volleys for Barrage) is also amazing, especially combined with Thief's Torment. Health is almost always instantly filled while mapping, and works well with bosses. Thirty projectiles per shot, 2160 life each shot, and my fire rate is 4.16... almost 9k life restored every second.

You'd think this would make me immortal, but this build lacks for any real defense (armor, physical damage mitigation, overcapped resists). Coupled with the need to just sit still and shoot, it can still be quite rippy.

Also, theres one weird thing happening that I can't explain. It feels like an intentional stealth nerf. When I trigger bladefall with a basic wand attack, I get the expected 9 lingering blades, every time. But when I use barrage, its only 6, and consistently 6 no matter how many times I test it.

It still vaporizes content though. :)
"
I'm using this build. It works great! A couple of things I wanted to bring up though.

Thief's Torment is AMAZING, and might be worth considering to keep even into endgame. I put 20% quality on mine for life so that it gives +72 life per hit.

Volley Fire (6 more volleys for Barrage) is also amazing, especially combined with Thief's Torment. Health is almost always instantly filled while mapping, and works well with bosses. Thirty projectiles per shot, 2160 life each shot, and my fire rate is 4.16... almost 9k life restored every second.

You'd think this would make me immortal, but this build lacks for any real defense (armor, physical damage mitigation, overcapped resists). Coupled with the need to just sit still and shoot, it can still be quite rippy.

Also, theres one weird thing happening that I can't explain. It feels like an intentional stealth nerf. When I trigger bladefall with a basic wand attack, I get the expected 9 lingering blades, every time. But when I use barrage, its only 6, and consistently 6 no matter how many times I test it.

It still vaporizes content though. :)

Our defenses is bascially having more health, flesh and stone, elusive and dodging stuff. Using a thief's torment make you lose at least 400-500 health for the benefit of extra 30-40 life gain on hit, not worth, considering we do hit really fast
Regening 10k life/second is useless when your base life pool is below 5k, you probably get 1 shotted alot running below 5k life in red tier maps
You need 5.5k-6k life with acrobatics, thief's torment will never be able to fulfil that unless we drop lots of damage to allocate more life nodes

Not having acrobatics makes surviving end game maps tough, i have tested it and made the change after realising i died too much to continuous spike damage

Rare ring slots just provides so much more than thief's torment does, making thief's torment not the goto ring slot when looking at end game

Volley fire isnt worth it either, we are very tied on jewel sockets, ill rather use life/attack speed rare jewels over having extra projectile on barrage, considering that poet's pen make it up for the clear when we do not trigger coc
Also, volley fire's extra projectile for barrage do not shotgun and can not hit the same target

I do not get the bug from having less lingering blades when triggering based off barrage, i still see around 12+ blades when poet's pen trigger bladefall
My Builds/Stream

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2814713
Last edited by Astarift on Apr 20, 2020, 1:28:59 AM
So far this build has been really fun and very fast and I love it.
I have made a lot of upgrades for this build. I have been thinking about changing the tree a bit to fit in more clusters and acro/phase acro.
The clusters that i currently have are 1x force multiplier, 2x pressure points, using a "The Siege" jewel for knockback is really nice and a life cluster currently at 5.1k life with max res other than chaos, but HH helps with sustain but sometimes random 1shot stunned I died. Also using 3x grand spectrum 1 with corrupted blood. Using badge of brotherhood for 8 frenzy charge is really nice for movespeed and attack speed, so I opted out of the militant faith for inner conviction
I am wondering if you have any ideas of what I should look into next for my upgrades to fully min-max this build?

Here's my current gear:

Last edited by hauzuki on Apr 20, 2020, 8:35:02 PM
"
hauzuki wrote:
I have made a lot of upgrades for this build. I have been thinking about changing the tree a bit to fit in more clusters and acro/phase acro.
The clusters that i currently have are 1x force multiplier, 2x pressure points, using a "The Siege" jewel for knockback is really nice and a life cluster currently at 5.1k life with max res other than chaos, but HH helps with sustain but sometimes random 1shot stunned I died. Also using 3x grand spectrum 1 with corrupted blood. Using badge of brotherhood for 8 frenzy charge is really nice for movespeed and attack speed, so I opted out of the militant faith for inner conviction
I am wondering if you have any ideas of what I should look into next for my upgrades to fully min-max this build?

Here's my current gear:

It seems like you tried to get too much gimmicky mechanics into the build you missed the basic stats, having so much crafted life on your gear is absolutely detrimental to your life pool/survivability. 5.1k life will never make the cut, especially without acrobatics or any form of mitigation

Running life gain on spell hit and as high of a life roll as possible in rings are probably the most important setup for our sustain, as it allows us to recover our life almost instantly whenever we take a hit
Also, not having -mana cost on non channeling spells means your barrage is costing you 11 mana/cast, that might hurt mana fluidity and dashing as often as possible
Life gain on hit takes priority over assassin's mark, we probably cap our crit without the assassin's mark(having 7-8 power charges and 3 grand spectrums), also a lvl 12 assassin's mark gives us effective 6% crit multi on shaper tier bosses(curse are weakened to a huge extent on bosses)

Running militant faith and inner conviction is just so i dont have to worry about frenzy charges and using badge of the brotherhood. Badge doesnt have any sort of life roll in it and also getting a consistent frenzy charge generation(also keeping it maxed all the time) is pretty tough especially on bosses

There is no need to run herald of ash as we dont build fire penetration(you are effectively gaining 8%ish bladefall damage as fire on shaper tier bosses) and we are running brutality on blade blast, you are effectively wasting points for reduced mana reservation just so you can squeeze in slot to run a herald of ash

Running the siege can be counterproductive as we dont really want to knock bosses out of our lingering blades, keeping them in place, we probably kill most of them within 3 seconds with a high end set up with vaal RF and focus shock

You need a better cinderswallow with higher life gain on kill roll and also movement speed/stun avoidance roll instead
Having an anti curse flask helps too, going into maps with ele weakness or vulnerability without curse immunity ensures a 1hit

I dont plan HH into builds because i dont believe any builds require HH for functionability
My Builds/Stream

Last edited by Astarift on Apr 20, 2020, 10:26:10 PM
"
Astarift wrote:
"
hauzuki wrote:

Here's my current gear:

It seems like you tried to get too much gimmicky mechanics into the build you missed the basic stats, having so much crafted life on your gear is absolutely detrimental to your life pool/survivability. 5.1k life will never make the cut, especially without acrobatics or any form of mitigation

Running life gain on spell hit and as high of a life roll as possible in rings are probably the most important setup for our sustain, as it allows us to recover our life almost instantly whenever we take a hit
Also, not having -mana cost on non channeling spells means your barrage is costing you 11 mana/cast, that might hurt mana fluidity and dashing as often as possible
Life gain on hit takes priority over assassin's mark, we probably cap our crit without the assassin's mark(having 7-8 power charges and 3 grand spectrums), also a lvl 12 assassin's mark gives us effective 6% crit multi on shaper tier bosses(curse are weakened to a huge extent on bosses)

Running militant faith and inner conviction is just so i dont have to worry about frenzy charges and using badge of the brotherhood. Badge doesnt have any sort of life roll in it and also getting a consistent frenzy charge generation(also keeping it maxed all the time) is pretty tough especially on bosses

There is no need to run herald of ash as we dont build fire penetration(you are effectively gaining 8%ish bladefall damage as fire on shaper tier bosses) and we are running brutality on blade blast, you are effectively wasting points for reduced mana reservation just so you can squeeze in slot to run a herald of ash

Running the siege can be counterproductive as we dont really want to knock bosses out of our lingering blades, keeping them in place, we probably kill most of them within 3 seconds with a high end set up with vaal RF and focus shock

You need a better cinderswallow with higher life gain on kill roll and also movement speed/stun avoidance roll instead
Having an anti curse flask helps too, going into maps with ele weakness or vulnerability without curse immunity ensures a 1hit

I dont plan HH into builds because i dont believe any builds require HH for functionability

Thanks for the quick response!
I will make a few changes to my build and see how it goes.
I will respec my tree to remove the mana res and get rid of herald of ash + get acro/phase acro.
I was using ass mark for more of a life/mana sustain since I gained life and mana on hit from it, but yes i can change it for a ring with higher life/res
I chose to use The Siege for more of a safety measure so that mobs cant get close to me.
I didn't realize that cinderswallow had higher rolls as it's my first time using one and I use the headhunter because it's my first time able to get one so I wanted to use it as I got lucky voice drops from simulacrum and dont see myself getting as lucky in future leagues.

Thanks again!
"
hauzuki wrote:
"
Astarift wrote:
"
hauzuki wrote:

Here's my current gear:

Thanks for the quick response!
I will make a few changes to my build and see how it goes.
I will respec my tree to remove the mana res and get rid of herald of ash + get acro/phase acro.
I was using ass mark for more of a life/mana sustain since I gained life and mana on hit from it, but yes i can change it for a ring with higher life/res
I chose to use The Siege for more of a safety measure so that mobs cant get close to me.
I didn't realize that cinderswallow had higher rolls as it's my first time using one and I use the headhunter because it's my first time able to get one so I wanted to use it as I got lucky voice drops from simulacrum and dont see myself getting as lucky in future leagues.

Thanks again!

Head hunter is pretty fun ill agree, but make the minor changes and i m sure you will feel your survivability go up by a big amount(5.5k life, acrobatics and phase acrobatics, life gain on hit rings and stun avoidance cinderswallow)
My Builds/Stream

Hey Astra, thanks for your build it's pretty amazing and fun to play. By a stroke of Luck I crafted this helmet

If anyone is interested I'd be up to sell it. just pm me. Or DM in forum <3
Thank you for the guide! Definitely one of the more fun coc builds I've ever played. Currently I've reached the t16 maps and working on getting Sirius to spawn. I'm not a very great map grinder and currency saver to build up like multiple ex at a time, but i was able to gear up pretty nicely.
Now I'm at the min / max phase and just curious what you think would be the best upgrade? Right now i basically have 100c and building my money pool back up again.

1. crafting some good Cooldown reduction boots (any good crafting guides for these type?)

2. Watchers eye with with flask charge on crit and some other lucky roll thats useful?

3. good belt, better 2nd ring ?

4. don't think i will ever afford spell cascade so maybe it will drop!

5. also right now i've converted to acrobatics and have my corrupted blood immune gems. I currently dont have that last power charge, still have Kinetic Impacts, should i make it a priority to get silver oils and switch?

Hi, im having some troubles running 4 auras with my current setup (dont know how to post it, sorry) but you can check it in my profile, its the only character in dellirium league, i just have 57 mana with 4 auras and i dont have enough regen/steal for sustain, i dont know if im missing something or if its just like that
"
Thank you for the guide! Definitely one of the more fun coc builds I've ever played. Currently I've reached the t16 maps and working on getting Sirius to spawn. I'm not a very great map grinder and currency saver to build up like multiple ex at a time, but i was able to gear up pretty nicely.
Now I'm at the min / max phase and just curious what you think would be the best upgrade? Right now i basically have 100c and building my money pool back up again.

1. crafting some good Cooldown reduction boots (any good crafting guides for these type?)

2. Watchers eye with with flask charge on crit and some other lucky roll thats useful?

3. good belt, better 2nd ring ?

4. don't think i will ever afford spell cascade so maybe it will drop!

5. also right now i've converted to acrobatics and have my corrupted blood immune gems. I currently dont have that last power charge, still have Kinetic Impacts, should i make it a priority to get silver oils and switch?

I would get a much much better body armor with res/life rolls just so it frees up gearing the other slots

-phys damage reduction on belt is priority, our damage get reduced by alot in red tier maps when enemies start getting high armor

then ill probably go for better rings with better res, t1 life and free suffix to craft +1 minimum frenzy charge

dont use a hybrid flask, run a defensive or offensive utlity flask instead

Cooldown recovery boots isnt high on priority, but the ultimate min max is a tailwind+cooldown recovery boots, i wouldnt touch that before spell cascade

Save currency and do some big upgrades, ill choose the chest to be the 1st upgrade, because having more res there will free up the resist cap requirements on other pieces of gear

"
Vergonzi wrote:
Hi, im having some troubles running 4 auras with my current setup (dont know how to post it, sorry) but you can check it in my profile, its the only character in dellirium league, i just have 57 mana with 4 auras and i dont have enough regen/steal for sustain, i dont know if im missing something or if its just like that

You need a flat reduction in mana cost

I run around with 66 mana never had issues with that

Else, you gotta delevel precision and use probably a level 1 until you get the flat reduction up(craftable on amulet and rings)
My Builds/Stream

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info