[3.17.5] Devon's Minion Instability Skeletons | Extremely High DPS | Thread locked... made new one

"
devon752 wrote:
The more skelly burn the better. Your skellies pop faster then ^^

oh yea I know but idk maybe there is secret maff involved that makes exatly 30% super important or some shit.

anyway, thanks to the guy above I bought myself an alt quality Infernal Legion for 50% total burn per second:

It's still not to the point where I can just hold right click to cast skellies because I cast faster than they can explode :/ does it ever get there?

Last piece of gear I need is a better helmet with additional minion levels but those are expensive af
ign: PhrozenFlame
Last edited by cocomoloco on Sep 21, 2020, 8:17:20 AM
"
cocomoloco wrote:
"
devon752 wrote:

oh yea I know but idk maybe there is secret maff involved that makes exatly 30% super important or some shit.

anyway, thanks to the guy above I bought myself an alt quality Infernal Legion for 50% total burn per second:

It's still not to the point where I can just hold right click to cast skellies because I cast faster than they can explode :/ does it ever get there?

Last piece of gear I need is a better helmet with additional minion levels but those are expensive af

Nah no secreth math. I think I always cast faster then they could explode unfortunately, just make sure they explode and you're good, everything will melt anyway and for clearing maps you don't need to spam much, just cast once, keep moving, cast once keep moving. Tis how I did it :D
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
This build really is a great choice for Heist. Shotgun doors are a joke, you just stand to the side and pop Skeles. Tanky boys melt. Minions that live for only 1 second don't chase.

I grabbed a From Dust jewel. IDK if it's really bis but it syncs up the playstyle nicely. More skeles on first cast and +1 second cd feels more like self-discipline than a limitation. As a cheap Unique it's also easy shopping for an important corrupt like Immunity from Corrupted Blood or Silence.

For EE/Coh/Hextouch, I'm running Cold Snap with Faster Casting. Nice aoe and endless Frenzy charges, which I spend on CwDT Phase Run.

I'm thinking after getting the "6-link" helmet, I'm only going to 5-link the chest with a sixth unlinked socket. It'll be Zombies with Ffrenzy, Combustion, Ele Army, and Culling Strike. Zombies will have fire damage from Raze and Pillage in Large Cluster.

6th unlinked socket will be Faster Casting, for the inherent Blood Offering spell. Spectres will be on Meat Shield with Stone Golem.
Last edited by therealtoothman on Sep 21, 2020, 4:32:10 PM
I have around 60c and plan to start this build, I can buy the 6L bloodbond and other stuff except for the helmet, should I use the skellies on the 6L and the spectres on the 4 link until I get a good helmet? Or it's better to buy a tabula instead and a decent helmet?
I'm struggling with Legion encounters. Is there a trick to clearing them with this build or is it simply not that good for that content?

My skellies are still on a 4-link, but all other content just dies so easily. Made me think I'm using the build wrongly.
"
devon752 wrote:

Minions don't affect EE, only you. So you're safe if the ele damage is only on your minions. Just make sure You don't have any ele damage on your spells, that would indeed fk it up.

This made me double check my gear and I have the below ring. Does "Adds 3 to 8 Fire Damage to Attacks" mess with EE? I thought it should be OK because I am not attacking myself at all but still can you please confirm?

Rarity: Rare
Gloom Band
Amethyst Ring
--------
Requirements:
Level: 48
--------
Item Level: 76
--------
+10% to Chaos Resistance (implicit)
--------
Adds 3 to 8 Fire Damage to Attacks
+40% to Cold Resistance
+40% to Lightning Resistance
22% increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills
+28% to Fire Resistance (crafted)

P.S. The build is awesome. I'm already going into red maps and everything works great :)
Spoiler
"
hellix wrote:
"
devon752 wrote:

Minions don't affect EE, only you. So you're safe if the ele damage is only on your minions. Just make sure You don't have any ele damage on your spells, that would indeed fk it up.

"
hellix wrote:

This made me double check my gear and I have the below ring. Does "Adds 3 to 8 Fire Damage to Attacks" mess with EE? I thought it should be OK because I am not attacking myself at all but still can you please confirm?

Rarity: Rare
Gloom Band
Amethyst Ring
--------
Requirements:
Level: 48
--------
Item Level: 76
--------
+10% to Chaos Resistance (implicit)
--------
Adds 3 to 8 Fire Damage to Attacks
+40% to Cold Resistance
+40% to Lightning Resistance
22% increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills
+28% to Fire Resistance (crafted)

P.S. The build is awesome. I'm already going into red maps and everything works great :)

I recommend changing Flame Dash for Leap Slam, because Flame Dash trigger EE and you dont want it haha :D When you do, change ring for lightning/cold dmg to attacks to trigger EE with Leap Slam and you are done (it doesnt matter if you use Storm Brand to trigger EE). Its good to use flask with onslaught with Leap Slam.

Try finding Elegant Hubris Timeless Jewel for 2x "Minions have 80% increased maximum Life" (Life>Damage). Its HUGE boost to damage

PS: Playing with this build is a blast. Love how flexible it is :D
Last edited by Vinci112 on Sep 22, 2020, 8:51:11 PM
"
Pearlo wrote:
I'm struggling with Legion encounters. Is there a trick to clearing them with this build or is it simply not that good for that content?

My skellies are still on a 4-link, but all other content just dies so easily. Made me think I'm using the build wrongly.

I dont think this build is good for clearing Legion or Blighted maps. On Legion you wont kill everything, but you can focus on killing bosses if appear. I wont try Blighted maps alone or you now how to build towers to help you with that (meteors everywhere? haha). Need to remember this is boss killer build.

I have an idea. You can try clear Legion without From Dust jewel. Taking it out for a sec
"
Pud1MxD wrote:
I have around 60c and plan to start this build, I can buy the 6L bloodbond and other stuff except for the helmet, should I use the skellies on the 6L and the spectres on the 4 link until I get a good helmet? Or it's better to buy a tabula instead and a decent helmet?

You dont need tabula if you buy Helmet. At the moment Helmet (life+dmg) cost 25c and tabula 12c. Buy tabula only if you want start using Skeletons early. You can always buy both and save tabula for other characters :)
Last edited by Vinci112 on Sep 22, 2020, 8:53:22 PM
"
This build really is a great choice for Heist. Shotgun doors are a joke, you just stand to the side and pop Skeles. Tanky boys melt. Minions that live for only 1 second don't chase.

I grabbed a From Dust jewel. IDK if it's really bis but it syncs up the playstyle nicely. More skeles on first cast and +1 second cd feels more like self-discipline than a limitation. As a cheap Unique it's also easy shopping for an important corrupt like Immunity from Corrupted Blood or Silence.

For EE/Coh/Hextouch, I'm running Cold Snap with Faster Casting. Nice aoe and endless Frenzy charges, which I spend on CwDT Phase Run.

I'm thinking after getting the "6-link" helmet, I'm only going to 5-link the chest with a sixth unlinked socket. It'll be Zombies with Frenzy, Combustion, Ele Army, and Culling Strike. Zombies will have fire damage from Raze and Pillage in Large Cluster.

6th unlinked socket will be Faster Casting, for the inherent Blood Offering spell. Spectres will be on Meat Shield with Stone Golem.

Good thinking. Cold Snap is good alternative for Storm Brand if you are using one curse (use Bane if two). Frenzy Charges help with Leap Slam. Minions with Combustion must have Feeding Frenzy. Good you didnt forgot about it :)

How your survi without block? If you start dying, use Glancing Blows with Bone Offering and Rumi flask

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info