[3.17.5] Devon's Minion Instability Skeletons | Extremely High DPS | Thread locked... made new one

"
UcigaToaca wrote:
Sorry or maybe not,but this are my impressions:

1. Build is fine till you reach lev 90 and want to grow( red maps, etc)

2. Squincy even with 6k life as you get one shot a lot. This build requires a lot of piloting and understanding of boss/map mechanics to survive thought fights.

3.This build is an awesome boss killer on less than 20 chaos investment and somewhat mid-speed mapping.

4. Frustration to play it as you get killed;frustrating to see that when you hit vaal skellies do not blow up the things u actually want/need and they do body blocking) funny thing could work around maybe offerings( that accelerate/speed minions towards targets), steelskin could be a variant form of it or molten shell to have better protection, tricky is you don't want any protection for your minions.

5. Fun to see things melting burning, but frustrating to see that specters do no actual damage.

6. I recommend this build for the unique way it works and for being cheap as hell, as well as a boss killer( if you can survive till is dead).

Solution:

1. Grab a Femur of the Saints( was 20c, not around 40c)

1.1. Grab a chest with life/resistence 6 link or 5= 20-30 chaos maybe even less if you have patience( put the zombies here)

1.2. Grab a helmet with minions bonus( put the specters here)
and use the Carnage and Host Chieftains ( 2+1) with blood magic in it.

Enjooy the block damage that the Femur of the Saints gives you because of the skeletons bonus with vaal skellies around 74%; with 10 skeletons around 23%.
Enjoy the fact that mapping is kinda the same and the boss is taking 1 sec longer, maybe 2 to kill and you have no deaths.

Congratz for the concept of the build and it's uniqueness style.

Keep playing this build if you have the patience that I do not have, as can get you in end game, but not without deaths.

ok
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
Hey, the gloves/boots sockets on the list are different than the ones in "My gear" which ones should i use?
"
StAugust2 wrote:
Hey, the gloves/boots sockets on the list are different than the ones in "My gear" which ones should i use?

Use the gems on the list, not on "my gear". You don't need haste.
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown

Necromancer nerfs do virtually nothing to Popcorn Skeletons!
Testing as a ritual league starter atm on standard. T10 maps on a 4L in a +1 helmet. Not bad. Switched to the Shroud of the Lightless and dmg was enough for red maps. It doesn't look good in defence department unfortunately. Even with MoM+Agnostic. Leveling was smooth sailing tho. Very enjoyable. Very strong starter. Wonder what are the prices of the scepters day one.

My thoughs:
Uber_tabula:
Uber tabula: If you are lucky enough and snipe a cheap Double Corrupted +1 socketed gems and +2 socketed duration gems you get +3 to your skeletons which is huuuuge early on. Even single corrupt +2 duration gems is huuuge early.

Budget_LvL71_Tabula_replacement:
Budget LvL71 Tabula replacement: instead of clean tabula you can use 1 socket Shroud of the Lightless for ez 5L pseudo 6L. It has lvl 25 elemental penetration supp built in which is the equivalent of lvl 20 fire penetration. The armour has actual stats and defences unlike tabula. And you get a free abyss socket on top of that ;) Very cheap armour and cheap to link since you only need 5L. If you like the thrill of gamble you could actualy try to corrupt it for +2 duration for even more juice. This corrupt would allow skeletons to reach lvl 25 treshold for +1 max skeletons.

Endgame_Ultra_Expensive_Amulet:
Endgame Ultra Expensive Amulet: You can take amulet even further. Alt spam +1 int on hunter amulet. Alt spam +1 skellie on elder amulet. Awakener orb them and pray for good mods. Since we have harvest you can recraft bad mods.

Unrealistic_Crazy_Expensive_Endgame_Helmet_Option:
Unrealistic Crazy Expensive Endgame Helmet Option: You can take the helmet even further. Make it double influenced Elder + Shaper. Essence of Horror untill you hit +3, minion dmg, minion life. Or Bound+Glyphic and pray for same result. Horror is 30% more ele dmg so pretty much almost a full link. Since we have harvest crafts back in Ritual league you can spam add/remove cold until you hit shaper influence mod hypothermia support, which will be working if you have chill from skitterbots. Boom you got pseudo 9L kek

Last edited by yakoob on Jan 14, 2021, 9:11:28 PM
I'm in the process of trying this out but I currently have only 2400 health and its an absolute struggle. Orbs of regret are in my future...lol
Any thoughts on taking Maligaro's Lens + Necromantic Aegis as a variant of this build?

Without any other changes to the tree, this results in higher net degen for the skeletons than one Earendel's Embrace without too much loss of damage. If you take the Sacrifice and Indomitable Army nodes on the passive tree to get more minion life there is still a reasonable amount of degen.

Your other minions also get the 50% resistance penalty, but they recover life when your skeletons die (as do you!) and gain 25% block chance.
"
kzig wrote:
Any thoughts on taking Maligaro's Lens + Necromantic Aegis as a variant of this build?

Without any other changes to the tree, this results in higher net degen for the skeletons than one Earendel's Embrace without too much loss of damage. If you take the Sacrifice and Indomitable Army nodes on the passive tree to get more minion life there is still a reasonable amount of degen.

Your other minions also get the 50% resistance penalty, but they recover life when your skeletons die (as do you!) and gain 25% block chance.

Yeah, I was playing around with that variant a little bit but decided on this for some reason. Can't remember what it was though. I think both versions are close to each other dps-wise and this was way simpler to make.
I think the passive tree gets a bit awkward going in that direction unless you opt for an ES-based build, but it might still be ok overall.

One other tweak I'm testing is using profane proxy to apply flammability via my chilling skitterbot. The penalty for this slightly lazier playstyle is that you lose out on bonus damage from Elemental Equilibrium, but you can compensate for this with an additional minion 4-link. I quite like Zombies with combustion, added fire damage and multistrike (to scale the taunt on hit chance from the cluster jewel).
Devon's Minion Instability Skeletons | All content viable | Extremely High DPS this build cant not open Pob.Pls update

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info