[3.17.5] Devon's Minion Instability Skeletons | Extremely High DPS | Thread locked... made new one

You using from dust or no?
I have been enjoying the build so far. The popping of Skeletons its so satisfying.

I have been following the changes Therealtoothman has made to the passive tree for the added defensive states it gives(grabbing Mind Over Matter and The Agnostic) and have incorporated them into my build.

I wanted some input on Ascendancy. I been leaning towards Commander of Darkness over Plaguebringer for the added 30% resistances which I can then focus more on Choas resist on gear. but the extra 10% physical damage reduction on Plaguebringer would be nice also.

"
Spodidy wrote:
I have been enjoying the build so far. The popping of Skeletons its so satisfying.

I have been following the changes Therealtoothman has made to the passive tree for the added defensive states it gives(grabbing Mind Over Matter and The Agnostic) and have incorporated them into my build.

I wanted some input on Ascendancy. I been leaning towards Commander of Darkness over Plaguebringer for the added 30% resistances which I can then focus more on Choas resist on gear. but the extra 10% physical damage reduction on Plaguebringer would be nice also.
I'm sure Plaguebringer is much better. 10% more damage, increased AOE, and 10% straight damage reduction is hella good. Also, Commander adds fire resistance to Skeles which slows down the explosion.

"
You using from dust or no?
It's not mentioned in his guide. I tried it for a while but eventually upgraded it to another Ghastly Eye. I do recommend using one for a little while, especially since it's so cheap, as a kind of "training" to get used to pausing between casts. Even with a good implicit it doesn't compare to a good Ghastly Eye or even Cobalt rare.
Last edited by therealtoothman on Oct 1, 2020, 12:21:30 AM
Is there a reason for " Cast when dmg taken" on the build?
I mean there is no Immortal Call link or something to help u survive.
Last edited by UcigaToaca on Oct 4, 2020, 11:34:48 AM
"
UcigaToaca wrote:
Is there a reason for " Cast when dmg taken" on the build?
I mean there is no Immortal Call link or something to help u survive.

It's for the golem, which in hindsight could've just been a cast. But I'm lazy so there ya have it.
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
I don't know why I overlooked it but Replica Siegebreaker feels very good. The burning ground triggers off desummons, so if you have a "wait" enemy you spam Skeles first and the burning ground will await him.

Burning Ground doesn't stack or else the damage would be CRAZY.

You can boost the dps to 24% with Catalysts.

Helps clean up mobs you missed with popcorn.

I ~kinda benefit from the Maim since my Zombies are melee splashing, so it adds a slow to the debuffs.

Piles on the advantage in Blight maps.

It's a trade-off with 3.5 jewels so I'm not gonna say it's bis. It is more fun!
Last edited by therealtoothman on Oct 6, 2020, 2:23:20 AM
"
I don't know why I overlooked it but Replica Siegebreaker feels very good. The burning ground triggers off desummons, so if you have a "wait" enemy you spam Skeles first and the burning ground will await him.

I ~kinda benefit from the Maim since my Zombies are melee splashing, so it adds a slow to the debuffs.

Can you do Heist Lvl 83 without really dying? It seems like for me going past level 81+ Heist while escaping is just a death sentence. Almost impossible to escape. Getting one shot out of nowhere. So I guess have to try that take damage from mana first.
"
Tr3xed wrote:
"

Can you do Heist Lvl 83 without really dying? It seems like for me going past level 81+ Heist while escaping is just a death sentence. Almost impossible to escape. Getting one shot out of nowhere. So I guess have to try that take damage from mana first.
I have a good time in lv83 heists, probably mainly due to Mind Over Matter. I posted about it in the last couple pages, makes you a lot tougher.
Would the "Minions gain 50% more added Damage" from Phantasmal Summon Skeletons be good for the build? Even if it applies, i guess the fact that the skellies are ranged makes them not walk to the mobs.

Great build by the way. I applied the changes from therealtoothman to make me tankier. Despite having trash tier gear i die way less now, but bosses die considerably slower. Should i focus on minion life or minion damage now?
Last edited by sputim on Oct 6, 2020, 8:31:43 PM
"
sputim wrote:
Would the "Minions gain 50% more added Damage" from Phantasmal Summon Skeletons be good for the build? Even if it applies, i guess the fact that the skellies are ranged makes them not walk to the mobs.
The 50% is the same for regular skeles, just with the advantage of melee like you said.

"
sputim wrote:
Great build by the way. I applied the changes from therealtoothman to make me tankier. Despite having trash tier gear i die way less now, but bosses die considerably slower. Should i focus on minion life or minion damage now?
Minion life is worth about double Minion damage, so you wanna stack as much of that as you can without increasing their fire resistance. Jewels, a +3 helmet (expensive), and a new belt are where you'll get that now. I'm rolling with Replica Siegebreaker right now but Darkness Enthroned with two good Ghastly's is probably more straight boss damage.

Also, I know Fire Pen is a great stat, but POB Fork tells me the support gem is worse than Concentrated Effect.

Lastly, I've made a couple recent updates to the tree if you want to take a look. Ketocupcakes. I found that if you slot a Large Cluster with 3 notables, you can finally bring Raze and Pillage to the front and save two passive points.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info