[3.15] Essence Drain 6.6 Mil DoT DPS | Very Beginner Friendly

"
Wolfin43 wrote:
Hi.
I think you have mistake in 100 lowlife pob (mb in others too).
In Corruption cluster you take 2 right nodes which now give 4% chaos pen. I believe this works only with hits and not DOTs.
Hi, I believe you are correct.

I changed all trees affected to be updated to reflect this, if you see any more issues or if something did not change please let me know!!!

Thank you!
Hi Havoc209,

Firstly thank you for taking the time to write up this build I am really enjoying it and I appreciate all the work you have done in documenting it.

Unfortunately I am still struggling to load up your updated build (for Heist), in path of building. Specifically the following pastebin link:

"
Havoc209 wrote:
Welcome to my Essence Drain guide!

Level 100 Expensive Low Life Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/7ZjRu9sG

I have been trying this link off and on since the league start but I am still having trouble opening it.

The version of path of building I am using is 1.4.170 (which is currently the latest version) and it reports an error when I try to import your above pastebin. I luckily already imported this pastebin before you updated it for Heist (which did import successfully) so that is what I am using but I would love to see the tweaks you made for Heist.

Is there another pastebin link that I should be using for your end game build if so I can just use that.

Thank you for sharing this great build with the community.

Kind regards,

Macrossium
Last edited by Macrossium on Oct 1, 2020, 9:15:51 PM
"
Macrossium wrote:
Hi Havoc209,

Firstly thank you for taking the time to write up this build I am really enjoying it and I appreciate all the work you have done in documenting it.

Unfortunately I am still struggling to load up your updated build (for Heist), in path of building. Specifically the following pastebin link:

"
Havoc209 wrote:
Welcome to my Essence Drain guide!

Level 100 Expensive Low Life Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/7ZjRu9sG

I have been trying this link off and on since the league start but I am still having trouble opening it.

The version of path of building I am using is 1.4.170 (which is currently the latest version) and it reports an error when I try to import your above pastebin. I luckily already imported this pastebin before you updated it for Heist (which did import successfully) so that is what I am using but I would love to see the tweaks you made for Heist.

Is there another pastebin link that I should be using for your end game build if so I can just use that.

Thank you for sharing this great build with the community.

Kind regards,

Macrossium

Believe this to be an issue on your end, aka stuff like not running PoB as admin or your firewall/antivirus blocking it. Just copy the raw paste data at the bottom of the pastebin link itself and paste it into PoB next to the field where you put in the link.

Go to the pastebin link > Scroll down to "Raw paste data" > Hit Ctrl+A and then Ctrl+C > Ctrl+V into the relevant field in PoB
Last edited by neo_child on Oct 1, 2020, 11:38:53 PM
Hi Neo_child,

Thank you for your response, you are indeed right that the problem was between my keyboard and chair.

The problem was that I was still using PoB v1.4.170 which I used previously over the last several leagues but I didn't notice that the community had moved to a different version of that product "PoB Community Fork" v1.4.170.14!

Once I installed this new version the build opened fine.

Hopefully I am a good example to others who have not installed the new PoB community fork and had the same issue.

Kind regards,

Macrossium

Last edited by Macrossium on Oct 2, 2020, 12:37:25 AM
"
Macrossium wrote:
Unfortunately I am still struggling to load up your updated build (for Heist), in path of building. Specifically the following pastebin link
Hi! Thank you for those words!

Are you using the updated Fork version? This seems to have fixed it!

"
Macrossium wrote:
The problem was that I was still using PoB v1.4.170 which I used previously over the last several leagues but I didn't notice that the community had moved to a different version of that product "PoB Community Fork" v1.4.170.14!

Thank you @neo_child for the assistance!
I'm on low life but I don't seem to have enough life for flesh & stone. Is that supposed to happen?
The auras active right now are: Malevolence, Discipline, Clarity & Zealotry
"
AnEncounter wrote:
I'm on low life but I don't seem to have enough life for flesh & stone. Is that supposed to happen?
The auras active right now are: Malevolence, Discipline, Clarity & Zealotry
Hi
Do you have all the reduced mana reservation passive nodes?

I just pulled you up, and it looks like you are missing one right next to "Leadership" a little bit under Pain Attunement.
For right now while you do not have it, try reducing Clarity to level 7. You can either do this by selling Clarity with a Scouring Orb to the vendor 3 times, (Each time you sell Clarity + Scouring Orb it will reduce the level of the gem by 1) or you can purchase a level 1 Clarity and start fresh, just make sure not to level past 7.

You can also level up Blood Magic to 19 since you have the Strength and this will fix the issue as well.
Hi guys,
I was trying to find an answer in this topic, but it's quite hard so let me ask a question

This season I started playing Darkxellmc version of ED. I can say the build is super tanky but single damage is not that great at all. Anyone of you played this version and is able to compare to Havoc209?

I have about 20 ex in my stash to change the build, some items are quite similar so I think I don't have to spend all currency.

Just want to have some fun, my current build has only 800k dot dps so you can feel my pain :D Most important question is survivability nad 100% delirium maps, the damage will be good enough?

How is 6.6 mil dmg counted? When I look at PoB, I can see only 3.2. And the last question - how good is 6 linked Contagion instead of Blight? What's the difference?
Last edited by mefistofx on Oct 2, 2020, 8:24:48 PM
Any ideas about my questions from post above?

Having some lazy time I decided to craft Shavs, looks all right and wondering if I should swap to this version of ED. Just wondering about survivability and bosses damage and how it's doing with Blight maps

Last edited by mefistofx on Oct 3, 2020, 10:30:18 AM
"
mefistofx wrote:
This season I started playing Darkxellmc version of ED. I can say the build is super tanky but single damage is not that great at all. Anyone of you played this version and is able to compare to Havoc209?

How is 6.6 mil dmg counted? When I look at PoB, I can see only 3.2. And the last question - how good is 6 linked Contagion instead of Blight? What's the difference?
Hi
I have never played the Darkxellmc version of ED so I cannot say how different they are.
The damage output on this build is specifically meant for clearing as fast as possible and being able to boss at a reasonable pace.

The most expensive items to purchase would be the bow, and Empower 4 which are definitely re-sellable if you did not like this version. You also need Shavronne's and Presence of Chayula, which aren't too expensive right now.
You don't 'need' the end-game bow but it's ~1 mil damage upgrade.

I can tell you there is no survivability on this build. It is purely based on killing monsters very fast and dodging big slam moves. We do have almost capped Evade Chance, so we evade most attacks from enemies, but with Aspect of the Spider and Wither, they are extremely slow and it is hard for monsters to hit us in the first place.

So before how the 6.6 Mil DoT DPS was calculated - was on Shaper/Sirus before the "Corruption" Node was changed in the talent tree. It used to be straight 6.6 Mil Damage, but now the damage is 3.3 Mil on Sirus now after the change, however; if you change the item set to "Expensive (UNAFFORDABLE)" you can still get up to almost 4 Mil on Sirus, the damage goes to 5.7 Mil on Normal monsters, and it goes to 7 Mil on normal monsters with unaffordable expensive gear.
I can tell you I WAS able to clear 5 Delirium Orb maps in the Delirium league, I ended up dying a bit because I played extremely careless. It's not the most comfortable as say a full block build Gladiator which would have almost no issues clearing it other than the clear speed.
"
mefistofx wrote:
Any ideas about my questions from post above?

Having some lazy time I decided to craft Shavs, looks all right and wondering if I should swap to this version of ED. Just wondering about survivability and bosses damage and how it's doing with Blight maps
Hi, sorry I did not respond sooner you responded right as I started my stream and I had some stuff come up last night.
So the reason for having Contagion in a 5 link is like I was saying, we don't have a lot of survivability so having to use Blight for damage is only necessary if something doesn't really die, with the damage output we have though usually everything dies, sometimes it just takes a little more time.
Contagion is used with Arcane Surge (Rank 9) so that EVERY single cast of Contagion will give you Arcane Surge, which is more damage.

I have never had any problem with Blighted Maps
For survivability just don't let things hit you, keep your distance and cast Contagion + Essence Drain - things die!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info