[3.13] Doomfletch Split Arrow Mines - Starter Viable - End Game Capable - High Damage, Low Budget

"
ancientmind wrote:
Noob question, why my arrows cannot show random any element as colorize ? All of them still black as if only deal pyhsical dmg.

Geared all mandatory equipments and gems linked at Tabula

Whats doing wrong?

Split arrow are always "black" that's the default skin and they won't change color depending of the elements. You need a MTX if you want them another color.

My gear is coming nicely and DPS wise the clear setup is fine up to now. Except those damn boots. Over 50 uber lab fonts, haven't seen the crit chance enchant once T_T I'll give it another try in a few days.

I guess my next step is to get chainbreaker once I sorted my gems. Are there nice mods to get on notables with the Lethal pride or it's not worth chasing ?
Does this build have enough dps for bosses (include guards, sirus etc) without crazy min-maxing?
Last edited by Vehs on Sep 22, 2020, 4:06:04 AM
"
Vehs wrote:
Does this build have enough dps for bosses (include guards, sirus etc) without crazy min-maxing?

I've put like 7 ex into this character and I struggle on Baran, everything else is pretty easy so far, but that also could just be me being garbage at mines xD

also my gems are still extremely low as I didn't buy any I am re-leveling them with quality

E: I also don't have the jewel to use berserk, so that might be why I find myself extremely squishy on Baran.

My Character
Spoiler

Swap 1: AoE

Swap 2: ST

Armor:

Jewellery:

Jewels:
Coated Shrapnel 3-6 phys dmg
Searching Eye Jewel
- 12 light resistance
- 4-6 phys dmg to bow attacks
- 12-21 fire damage to bow attacks

I am actually not certain that the damage from my searching eye jewel is applied to mines, but i needed the lightning resistance lol
Last edited by Drukor on Sep 22, 2020, 1:17:48 PM
"
Drukor wrote:

I've put like ...
My Character
Spoiler

Swap 1: AoE

Swap 2: ST

Armor:

Jewellery:

Jewels:
Searching Eye Jewel
- 12 light resistance
- 4-6 phys dmg to bow attacks
- 12-21 fire damage to bow attacks

I am actually not certain that the damage from my searching eye jewel is applied to mines, but i needed the lightning resistance lol

Your belt is poorly rolled, you're losing a ton of damage compared to a well rolled nomad. Get 30% qual on your bows, point blank on your quivers, a proper circle of guilt and a level 21 split arrow and you're good for conqs.

I'm currently killing conqs before they can attack with my setup and I'm still missing a watcher's eye / chainbreaker and awakened gems plus a few upgrades such as the boot enchant.
Last edited by ploxirion on Sep 22, 2020, 4:28:15 PM
Has anyone tried using https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Elemental_Penetration_Support? It's 32% pen for fire, cold and lightning.
"
Treekodar wrote:
Has anyone tried using https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Elemental_Penetration_Support? It's 32% pen for fire, cold and lightning.

Use PoB for gems comparison. Elemental Penetration gives only +28% dps
Split arrow with barrage for bossing is too uncomfortable for me. What setup I can use instead of it? May be Explosive arrow?
Last edited by Vehs on Sep 23, 2020, 7:44:35 AM
"
Vehs wrote:
Split arrow with barrage for bossing is too uncomfortable for me. What setup I can use instead of it? May be Explosive arrow?

i agree with this statement 100% rofl, i tried A5 sirus last night and oh boy was i mad when i wasted 4 portals to trying to drop even 1 set of mines lol, then the last 2 portals i just used the aoe swap and i ended up getting him to 10% really easily, but ya a different single target method is what i need, i may have to swap builds because of that :( sad times
"
Drukor wrote:
"
Vehs wrote:

i agree with this statement 100% rofl, i tried A5 sirus last night and oh boy was i mad when i wasted 4 portals to trying to drop even 1 set of mines lol, then the last 2 portals i just used the aoe swap and i ended up getting him to 10% really easily, but ya a different single target method is what i need, i may have to swap builds because of that :( sad times

Barrage feels really bad against active bosses. Drop split arrow mines while he's transitioning between phases (coming down from bus throne), and then switch to normal split arrow mines. Trying to use barrage when you need to dodge is a death sentence. Lol.
Just found a few fun things to do with the new enchant orbs.

Body armor can roll %life effect which is huge for Kaom's. But it can also roll a 40% reduced attribute requirement (I got it on my current kaoms). It means we don't need strength on boots anymore and pickup another suffix such as dodge attack / spell. Also makes it easier on the amulet.

Weapons can roll "Physical Modifiers have 8% increased Effect" which is HUGE on the doomfletch prisms since BOTH the flat phys and extra elem damage have the physical tag. It means you now have 108% extra damage. (6% if you aim for an easier enchant)
Last edited by ploxirion on Sep 23, 2020, 10:37:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info