[3.10] Storm Brand mana based Hierophant on MoM

I was wondering, is Arcane Blessing really necessary for this build? I picked up sanctuary of thought instead because of the big boost to ES and the 100% extra area is also some nice QoL. You also get 10% extra mana on the way from the small ascendancy passive. The reduction in mana cost is a huge drawback on first glance but I countered this by using 3 fevered minds (I was using just 1 before), and I could go for one more if I wanted to without making the mana cost uncomfortable.

Arcane blessing is obviously great due to ele ailment immunity but it feels like ignite and shock are very rarely something that's very problematic and freeze can be countered with a flask. Additionally, and in my eyes very important, by not using Arcane Blessing I am able to keep a lvl 20 arcane surge in my storm brand links. Considering the extra effect of arcane surge from the passive tree and ascendancy this seems like quite a bit DPS boost as well as extra mana regen, etc. rather than being forced to use a lvl 1 arcane surge from the ascendancy.

What do you guys think?
Havent hadnt a lot of time to play, and Im still SSF, so following the crit setup like you recommended previously. Just clearing BA atm for Tabula cards and on a psuedo 5 link. I know my gear is trash so damage just feels kinda meh atm. Hoping you could take a look at my current setup and make some suggestions. thanks

"
latterus14 wrote:
Havent hadnt a lot of time to play, and Im still SSF, so following the crit setup like you recommended previously. Just clearing BA atm for Tabula cards and on a psuedo 5 link. I know my gear is trash so damage just feels kinda meh atm. Hoping you could take a look at my current setup and make some suggestions. thanks

I'm not the OP but my suggestion would be to go for the archmage support straight away. I leveled up as SSF till I got to maps and started buying some upgrades, even though I didn't feel like I needed them for low level maps anyway and could have kept going with the SSF gear for a while. Gearing is actually not that difficult, just try to get mana and mana regen on your jewlery wherever possible and res. I didnt even have life on all my gear. You get so much damage from archmage that most things will melt even on absolute trash gear. Use a mana flask with increased recovery rate or the mod which gives increased recovery and recovery applies instantly at end of flask effect - really helped me early before I had good mana regen. I also went for Alira bandit early to help me with resist and the extra 5 mana regen goes a long way early on as well. I respeced later. If you're playing SSF I would def recommend Alira for a while before you find good gear, will help you focus less on res on gear too. Remember that you can also craft mana on gear wherever possible. Overall, I leveled with arc for a bit before I got brand recall and some of the brand passives on the tree, then from like level 30 on it was smooth sailing with storm brand and vaal arc helping a bit to clear.
"
Raziel33 wrote:
"
latterus14 wrote:

I'm not the OP but my suggestion would be to go for the archmage support straight away. I leveled up as SSF till I got to maps and started buying some upgrades, even though I didn't feel like I needed them for low level maps anyway and could have kept going with the SSF gear for a while. Gearing is actually not that difficult, just try to get mana and mana regen on your jewlery wherever possible and res. I didnt even have life on all my gear. You get so much damage from archmage that most things will melt even on absolute trash gear. Use a mana flask with increased recovery rate or the mod which gives increased recovery and recovery applies instantly at end of flask effect - really helped me early before I had good mana regen. I also went for Alira bandit early to help me with resist and the extra 5 mana regen goes a long way early on as well. I respeced later. If you're playing SSF I would def recommend Alira for a while before you find good gear, will help you focus less on res on gear too. Remember that you can also craft mana on gear wherever possible. Overall, I leveled with arc for a bit before I got brand recall and some of the brand passives on the tree, then from like level 30 on it was smooth sailing with storm brand and vaal arc helping a bit to clear.

yea i tried archmage and it feels a lot better now. I may just go ahead and spec out of crit even without the jewels needed. will allow me to place more points in mana
"
Raziel33 wrote:
"
latterus14 wrote:

yea i tried archmage and it feels a lot better now. I may just go ahead and spec out of crit even without the jewels needed. will allow me to place more points in mana
I have been playing a lot this league.

I've tried in this order:

MOM brands
CI brands
CI arc
CI ball lightning
MOM ball lightning

Finally I have Sirius down with my current setup - https://pastebin.com/m6wvruMq - which is non-crit MOM ball lightning.

It probably doesn't have as high of a top-end as a crit setup, but it's still at least a million, maybe 2m shaper dps. (It's hard to tell because PoB doesn't properly calculate ball lightning or unleash, so I am just going on feel, but things die quickly).

Anyway it's got 3.1k life, 5k es, 8.1k mana, and 60% MOM which if my math is correct is 12.75k EHP. It has huge mana regen, ES leech, a shield, and knockback (which is hilariously rude with ball lightning). My gear isn't pushed, either. Nothing I'm wearing cost more than 70 chaos except for the six link Cloak of Defiance (7.5ex) and most pieces are in the 10-30c range. I had Sirius down with a rare ES chest that cost me 75 chaos.

I would love for someone to show me how to do this build with crit instead of elemental overload because I cannot find a way. Maybe with more cluster jewels.
Last edited by elmasone on Mar 21, 2020, 1:33:51 AM
"
Carlovski wrote:

Militant faith is very nice twist. Can be actually very good, expecially if we get some mana from damage taken as well. As it is "recover life" it should work also with skyforth, if I am correct. Very interesting.

From my current gear and play I would argue if chain is really necessary-I am running on 5L, I started red maps (t11-12) and with exception of bosses, which now die slightly after more than 5 second, clear is more than fast enough without chain. And your gear look way superior to mine.

In case of more dps needed, I think you can simply add another fevered mind to your build and you are safe.

but few interesting points to try out :)
"
Raziel33 wrote:
I was wondering, is Arcane Blessing really necessary for this build? ...

What do you guys think?

I believe both ways are possible. For me personally are elemental ailment scourge :) I do not like chilled grounds, later with skyforth (no HP regen) burning grounds, or that split second freeze now and then. But it is personal preference.

My goal is to get to point when I have immunity to ele ailments, poisons and corrupted blood (jewel corrupt). It is also combined with that I am kinda running out of flask slots at the moment, so taking blue flasks for countering it would cost me, personally, to much. But if you feel that you do not need it, go for sanctuary, many people will agree it is definitely worth it.

Also, I am running arcane surge as link and have absolutely no problem with that :) may need some min-maxing when I reach endgame, but we will see (currently T11-12)
"
latterus14 wrote:

when you are running tabula, I believe manacost should be high enough even without apeps/gems. Thank is option I have missed, sorry. Speccing out of crit depends on jewel cluster in my opinion, as without them I see skill tree way too overextended to allocate skill points around.

And Raziel33 gave you good advices, keep archmage, keep manaregen and mana high and your damage should be good.
"
elmasone wrote:

You are way beyond in gear and content compared to what I have, seriously :) I will try to catch first sirus over the weekend, but unless they cranked him to eleven, he should be simple with MoM brands as I play them.

Ball lightning can be interesting option, but I cannot tell you how to play it as crit (nor how to play storm brand as crit at this point). As I am playing more and more, I am thinking that endgame crit version would be prohibitively expensive and actually not sure if damage would be that good enough.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info