[3.10] Storm Brand mana based Hierophant on MoM

Level 82 now, haven't had much play time and my gear is a bit of a mess. Not even got my links fully sorted out yet.
Current gear (Ignore the helm and gloves, still levelling gear)

Only decent piece are the boots which were self found.
I have got a 5l cloak of defiance, which takes me up to about 8k ehp, plus ES but need to sort out resists before I can use it.
I want to add in rumi's concotion which should make my block chance reasonable.

Passive tree https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUCAAOaBAcEswj0C2EQWBEtFKkWbxo4HRQfGCSqJy8ngyoTKyYsnDJxMtE1kjbpN0c6WDwtRUdFnUb-TLNN41H7U1JVxlYtVkhXyFnzWitfKmaeaPJqG2pDa6xtGXFpcg90pXYRfIOCm4PMg9uFMo9GkFWV85eVl_Sa4KIApWemV6cIp_iu_a7_r2y18rc-vOrAZsMTxorGrsekySTK8s0W1abYJNi92t3e5d9P42rr5Ovu7C7wH_nd-tL-Cv6P_rM=?accountName=Carlovski&characterName=ArchmageDave

Or PoB is https://pastebin.com/1gPsXb7Z
I've edited the wand to add roughly the damage from archmage. Damage is low in PoB even with that, but it must be missing some stuff as in reality the damage is fine. I've got a lightning spire trap setup but I never really use it.

I've gone heavy for cluster jewels and dropped the assassin area. I miss some nice utility stuff, but make up for damage via the jewels and lets me take scion life and battle rouse. Jewels aren't ideal yet, not sure if socketing a 2 node small one for chaos res and life is worth, but has given me +ve chaos res for once. I'd like to play with stacking 'seeker runes' but I couldn't get it to roll with anything decent, so stuck to grand design/brand loyalty. The large lightning isn't brilliant either, got my 2 sockets but only a single notable. Storm drinker is pretty good though.

Next thing to figure out is what to anoint. Too many good options

- Runesmith for an extra brand and decent damage
- Aqueous accelerant for flask effectivness and mana recovery
- Arcane Chemistry for same, plus %mana
- Sanctuary for block and resists. Or arcane swiftness for damage too
- Heart for Thunder for damage
- Any good life node

I'm thinking sanctuary, at least to start with (it's cheap too). I might even path direct to Arcane/Profane chemistry and drop some small life nodes.

Other option is to try and fit in glancing blows somewhere and drop the rest of the block scaling.

Will update once I get into some proper maps (Stuck on t4 atm) and sort gearing out.

what do you guys think would be the go to neck anoint ?
"
Carlovski wrote:

I see that you underestimate how much archmage adds, I calculated 1100 added lightning dmg, but I have been wrong before.
Also few things are not counted in PoB-damage taken from attached brand as well as increased effect of arcane surge (+50% easily)
-plus do not forget you shock targets, which adds another damage taken layer

What to annoint is as you wrote difficult question. I am clinging towards survival talents or Arcane chemistry to due to passive mana bonus+possible solution for no manaregen maps?
"
Ramireus wrote:
"
latterus14 wrote:
So, Im gonna give this build a go as SSF. Would you make any changes outside of the uniques if you knew were gonna run it ssf?

When going SSF, I would go the old crit way, without cluster jewels, instead with power charges as this would not need any real gear. If you would scramble apeps rage and/or fevered mind with some good cluster jewels, I would respec, but without them I see damage as quite lacking.
In crit case for SSF probably daggers would be better than wands.

No other idea at the moment.

do you still have a link to your old crit pob?
"
Ramireus wrote:
"
latterus14 wrote:
So, Im gonna give this build a go as SSF. Would you make any changes outside of the uniques if you knew were gonna run it ssf?

When going SSF, I would go the old crit way, without cluster jewels, instead with power charges as this would not need any real gear. If you would scramble apeps rage and/or fevered mind with some good cluster jewels, I would respec, but without them I see damage as quite lacking.

"
latterus14 wrote:
"
Ramireus wrote:
"
latterus14 wrote:

Here is old Crit version:
https://pastebin.com/Z70AcH31

-count out the void batteries, they were not needed.
But if you manged to get your hands on fevered or apeps, I would respec immediatelly
Last edited by Ramireus on Mar 17, 2020, 7:56:09 AM
"
Ramireus wrote:
"
Carlovski wrote:

I see that you underestimate how much archmage adds, I calculated 1100 added lightning dmg, but I have been wrong before.
Also few things are not counted in PoB-damage taken from attached brand as well as increased effect of arcane surge (+50% easily)
-plus do not forget you shock targets, which adds another damage taken layer

What to annoint is as you wrote difficult question. I am clinging towards survival talents or Arcane chemistry to due to passive mana bonus+possible solution for no manaregen maps?

Don't think it is that high based upon my current mana cost - need to go in game to check again. Probably was on the conservative side. I'm planning on getting it to 1500ish though.
Need to do some calcs on how much we actually do shock and how effective it is. Ele focus might be a good option if not a lot.

Urgh, didn't think about no mana regen! Probably one to skip, though a good mana flask should make it doable.

Had another thought, can socket a medium thread of hope in the jewel socket above devotion. It hits Arcane capacitor (saving 2 points - the minor nodes are ok, but not worth taking), divine judgement and sanctuary (Plus 2 of the minor nodes). Could even take sanctum of thought just for the -20% extra from crits. Seems worth it if we don't need that jewel socket.

I may be over emphasising getting a bit of block though, just because I;m using a shield and have already picked up bit from the Mystic Bulwark cluster.

Have you tried using PoB fork for calculating archmage? Here is the link
https://github.com/PathOfBuildingCommunity/PathOfBuilding/wiki/Installing-this-Fork
"
Puma2265 wrote:
https://github.com/PathOfBuildingCommunity/PathOfBuilding/wiki/Installing-this-Fork

Well, I tried it now, but it is not working with Archmage at all, it uses probably only base lightning damage added by archmage.
"
Ramireus wrote:
"
Puma2265 wrote:

Well, I tried it now, but it is not working with Archmage at all, it uses probably only base lightning damage added by archmage.

Yeah, the release notes say it isn't supported (yet). Neither is Arcane cloak.
It's pretty easy to simulate though, just get your mana cost (And mana pool for arcane cloak) in game and multiply then edit onto a bit of gear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info