[3.11] Poison Blade Vortex Assassin (Carried me to level 100 / delve 600+ / Aul / Sirus A8 viable)

Why are The Embalmer gloves important? I can only see the Increased Poison Duration mod being relevant, is that it? I assume it is only relevant for single target, right?
"
"
TomHanks83 wrote:
Pretty awesome build. I've learned a lot from it so far. Died many times lvling up, almost gave up, but once I start getting the proper gear, it became a lot of fun.

I see some people on poe.ninja builds use void manipulation instead of poison support. Can anyone tell me about the difference, maybe on which situations each one is preferred?

We get 100% poison chance with coralito's up. If we have Perfect Agony in the tree and poison support on the links, some of the flask's mods become redundant. So I'm wondering why the poison support. Is it really better dps-wise than void manipulation? Maybe the point is to have poison support for bossing, where we cannot guarantee flask up time?

Not sure where u got the 100% poison hit chance from...I believe with coralito's you only get 75% max? Unless I am missing something, pls let me know...

The Circle of Nostalgia with "Herald of Agony has x% Increased Buff Effect" (or something like that) increased the bonus from the herald. HoA gives you 20% chance to poison. With 75% increased effect, it gets to 35% chance from HoA.

Then 40% from ascendancy and 25% from Coralito's. --- 100%. The problem, maybe, is that we'd only get that 100% with the flask up. :/

As far as I can figure, having a cluster jewel with Septic Spell and a circle of nostalgia with 100% increased buff effect would also give us 100% chance to poison (even without the flask), but getting that roll seems kinda bad choice. well... At least you'd want another nice roll, maybe some useful implicit. That perfect roll would cost too much then.

(EDIT) - Later on, I realized that increased buff effect for HoA is not the recommended mod. Without it, you'd get 85% with Coralito's up and no poison support. With poison support, the chance to poison from Coralito's may be irrelevant (I need to test something out). I will try my character later on with poison instead of void manipulations (as I had it before) and spec-ing into perfect agony directly. Now it makes sense to me that coralito's is used mainly to increase poison duration. Also, the explanation below from exultheinsane about the golden rule synergy with obnoxious strike tells me we have a more reliable source of duration that I must try out.
Last edited by TomHanks83 on Mar 23, 2020, 6:22:15 AM
"
RenQt wrote:

Nope was talking about the Annoint " Whispers of doom".
2 golden + 1 black to get + 1 additional curse.

If you use this annoint u would need corrupted embalmers with curse temp chain?

Ohh, I see. The best I can say is that you shouldn't bother with that anointment until you get more important gear, such as the devouring diadem, a 6l, etc. If you have a 6l, you won't need the embalmer, you see? And if you do need the embalmer, the options I told you about should be a lot better for your dps.

"
RobJordan wrote:
Why are The Embalmer gloves important? I can only see the Increased Poison Duration mod being relevant, is that it? I assume it is only relevant for single target, right?

The embalmer is a mid term item giving you a cheap 5l for your blade vortex, helps with damage. All of its mods help BV. If you have a 6l, it is not required... But if you don't need more life or res in the gloves, they are a decent option until you can get something better. Maybe some gloves with despair on hit and life? It all depends on your budget.
"
exultheinsane wrote:
I just added an update to the equipment section for the cluster jewels.

Sorry, I did not modify a passive tree for it yet, but I currently have too less time on my hands.

For the people asking for a CI version:
I would advice against it, as we use Acrobatics, which lowers our energy shield. Probably for a CI version I would take completely different equipment choices as well.

well..

u drop diadem. to get rid from EB, then picking a lot of ES rares, and then u realize that u have no sustain at all. since u cant leech poison damage?

maybe in best case bino leech will work with ghost reaver, but i think it wont, doesnt looks like it.

also running all auras will be troublesome due to no 20% mana reservation stat from diadem.

acrobatics is not a problem u can just drop it entirely and ur survivability will not change at all, u still be shoted here and there. personally i have no idea why those keystones are even exist.

maybe it will be playable with expensive gear, like getting enlighten 4lvl, charisma, 4% reserve on top of tree + high es gear + watcher's eye with es gained on hit while using discipline. at least some source of sustain, but i doubt bf hits not as much as cyclone does. so it gonna be pretty weak.

golden rule route is much better for those who wants to. speaking of which how i can calculate, how much dps gives me golden rule?
Last edited by tffiad on Mar 23, 2020, 3:14:38 AM
"
tffiad wrote:
speaking of which how i can calculate, how much dps gives me golden rule?

Golden Rule applies for every poison you apply to an enemy another poison to yourself.
Because of Noxious Strikes, your poison duration gets increased by 5% per recently applied poison.
In my profile with 10 stacks of BV active, it has a hit rate of 7.5 in Path of Building, so in a perfect scenario you apply 7.5 stacks per second, which leads up to 30 in the recent timeframe (4s).

Because of the golden rule you are applying it also to yourself, so it are up to 60 stacks of poison recently applied, which leads to increased poison duration of +300%.

Now since you will most likely not have an optimal case with 100% uptime, I use normally 40-50 stacks of recently applied poison to get a realistic estimate in Path of Building.

As you see, the damage increase comes over the stack up time by the power of a lot longer active poison stacks, which is mainly important for bossing.
My Video Guides: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHs1z6wAbUQCyZaJnoWYoJ80tHxWA89FA
My Poison BV Assassin: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2784069
Join my Discord: https://discord.gg/3C3bHk4
"
TomHanks83 wrote:
"
RobJordan wrote:

The embalmer is a mid term item giving you a cheap 5l for your blade vortex, helps with damage. All of its mods help BV. If you have a 6l, it is not required... But if you don't need more life or res in the gloves, they are a decent option until you can get something better. Maybe some gloves with despair on hit and life? It all depends on your budget.

Very well explained.
I now specially added a section that states, that the Embalmer is of course an item, which can be replaced, once you have your 6-Link and something with better stats.
My Video Guides: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHs1z6wAbUQCyZaJnoWYoJ80tHxWA89FA
"
adrielmf wrote:
Hey man, nice guide. Can you help me with my itens plz? Dont know what to do. The uniques that I need now are 7ex+.

Sadly shifts in market prices can always happen, sorry, but I am bad in predicting those.

As I see your character now, linking Vitality to Increased Area of Effect increases it's reserved mana cost. You can avoid it by switching it over.

Also your point in Hired Killer gets useless, because it is in the range of Might of the Meek. Same goes for Path of the Warrior.

Other than that, it looks like you have to go for bigger investments soonish or start farming the Elder for the amulet.
"
TomHanks83 wrote:
"
RenQt wrote:

Ohh, I see. The best I can say is that you shouldn't bother with that anointment until you get more important gear, such as the devouring diadem, a 6l, etc. If you have a 6l, you won't need the embalmer, you see? And if you do need the embalmer, the options I told you about should be a lot better for your dps.

I've bought every single Jewel, Diadem, ring and neck, a 6L rare, 8%Max + 150 flat life. + res.
I've got atm 65% chaos res and rest is capped. ( Without Self Poision )
I have 5.1K Life, 600 ES atm.
Level 92, I struggle to level up. Died so maany times it's insane.
Can't post PoB Most likely becouse of jewels. do i need to take them out first?

Thanks.
Last edited by RenQt on Mar 23, 2020, 4:51:19 PM
"
RenQt wrote:
"
TomHanks83 wrote:
"
RenQt wrote:

I've bought every single Jewel, Diadem, ring and neck, a 6L rare, 8%Max + 150 flat life. + res.
I've got atm 65% chaos res and rest is capped. ( Without Self Poision )
I have 5.1K Life, 600 ES atm.
Level 92, I struggle to level up. Died so maany times it's insane.
Can't post PoB Most likely becouse of jewels. do i need to take them out first?

Thanks.

I looked at your gear, it's pretty awesome. I find myself in a similar situation, but dying on lvl 93, mainly for big bosses. You gotta figure what is killing you (as I'm trying too)... It is not something trivial other people can tell you. For myself, I rarely die while mapping. I'm using sextant on high lvl maps (13+) and the only maps that trouble me are no regen or those with too much dmg, like two extra ele dmg and -max res.

As exult said in the guide, you gotta think for yourself and learn about your own tree and class, especially now that we have those cluster jewels. For instance, you placed you HoA on Diadem and Vitality on gloves. I have the exact same auras as you do, but I didn't need the passive reducing 4% of mana reservation. Now that I see it, the guide told you to socket things that way, but there is a minor mistake: vitality in the helm is more efficient. Right now, it seems enough to drop the 2 points leading to reduced mana reservation, which is a big win in the tree.

I also see you allocated 4 notables in the range of might of the meek. On that part, the guide does NOT tell you to get them... They do nothing because of the jewels. You can unallocate them... There's 6 points saved. You can use them to get Herbalism for more life, maybe Heartseeker nearby and another jewel socket down there... Or you can use some cluster jewels.

How much life do you have when reading this? I see you're using a body armour mainly for life and it might still be low. I use a rare shield with plenty of life (less block, but i need the res, about +150 life) and my body armour is a carcass jack (+70 flat), but that leaves me an open belt slot with no life (only utility for mapping, a life belt for bossing) and I have 5200-ish life.

I'm still missing some of those jewels, though. I don't have the dodge jewel neither unnatural instincts.
Is there any solution if i can't affor the Amulet ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info