[3.11] Poison Blade Vortex Assassin (Carried me to level 100 / delve 600+ / Aul / Sirus A8 viable)

"
Sidhuraj wrote:
How are you able to run malevolence, skitter bots, flesh and stone and herald of agony? I have devouring diadem and lvl3 enlighten and I still don't have enough mana to run all of them

Aul's amulet? With malevolence that no reserve mana ? Od smth like this ;)
Edit:
Nope, nvm.
IT is impresence chaos version with despair with no mana Reserved. Nvm ;)
Last edited by Coltainee on Oct 1, 2020, 4:19:46 AM
"
Coltainee wrote:
"
Sidhuraj wrote:
How are you able to run malevolence, skitter bots, flesh and stone and herald of agony? I have devouring diadem and lvl3 enlighten and I still don't have enough mana to run all of them

Aul's amulet? With malevolence that no reserve mana ? Od smth like this ;)
Edit:
Nope, nvm.
IT is impresence chaos version with despair with no mana Reserved. Nvm ;)

I have despair as a curse on my gloves, I dont use it with bleshphemy
Hello, I have been using this build since league start and I can say it's amazing, it's the best build I played so far, or the most complete one that I enjoyed the most (cheap initial items, super fast clearing, tanky, tons of boss damage, no need to stay in place, etc).

As I progressed I kept tweaking here and there and I'd like to contribute.

Earlier in the league, skitterbots were bugged, so I changed it for herald of purity plus aspect of the spider as I read in the previous comments here, and I noticed I liked this set up a lot more. Note that, with Anomalous Herald of purity, the minions have a chance to taunt on hit, which is pretty good. And to do this I changed the tree a little.

I gave up on the second Might of the Meek and the Unnatural Instinct set ups(10 points), and instead I took the cluster under Perfect agony for some extra reduced mana reservation (4 points), and also plan to take (whenever I can afford the gloves) Whispers of Doom in the tree, beacuse now that it was moved, its only 3 points to take it. This way I can annoint Corruption, which improves our damage quite a bit, and gain chaos damage done as energy shield, which completly removed any problem (that I did have) with sustain. (I'm taking some random life nodes while I can't afford the gloves, and with this set up you only need level 95, and from there just take more life nodes in the Scion start or near Wind dancer).

With this, I can afford to level up vitality up to level 17 with Enlighten lvl 3, and with Enlighten level 4 you could go with level 21 vitality.

For the mapping weapon set I changed the Mistwall for the Replica one, which gives spell block instead (the shield also have default chance to block) and up to 15% chance to avoid phys damage after blocking. Also Frenzy on kill corruption mod with Bino's is pretty cheap and pretty good. For the bossing set up (2 Cold Iron points) I didn't bother beacuse the best corruption mods (inc damage over time and power charge on hit) were pretty expensive, but having another frenzy on kill wouldnt be bad (for some bosses).

I looked for a replacement of the Embalmer gloves, while I cannot afford Asenath's, but it would be a rare with some influence poison mods, and it could get pretty expensive too if I wanted a significant upgrade.

Also having chance of Onslaught on kill in the abyssal jewel is pretty useful too.

Lastly mention, that in the rare ring slot, you can go for some Hunter influence poison mod and inc global phys dmg + chaos damage craft for some extra damagein the ring.

I hope this helps. I'll add the pob (dps seems lower bc it's set vs Sirus on Configuration) https://pastebin.com/tjrJRULD
Last edited by Qshinigami on Oct 6, 2020, 3:54:34 PM
Hey how we generate frenzy and power charges?
Guess I need help. Note: messages like "Read the first page everything there" don't help. I've watched it not once.
So at level 93 I couldn't kill Sirus (again, never managed it) and die from one shot from time to time. Having 4.8k of life and 75-76 res's. And I missed about 10 exas for Unnatural instinct. Friend says I need to get some phys reduction, but looks like this build hasn't any. How to increased survivability?
Last edited by FadingDuch on Nov 11, 2020, 2:55:10 PM
"
FadingDuch wrote:
Guess I need help. Note: messages like "Read the first page everything there" don't help. I've watched it not once.
So at level 93 I couldn't kill Sirus (again, never managed it) and die from one shot from time to time. Having 4.8k of life and 75-76 res's. And I missed about 10 exas for Unnatural instinct. Friend says I need to get some phys reduction, but looks like this build hasn't any. How to increased survivability?

Your best way to increase survivality is to use the bino's + replica mistwall set up instead of double cold iron point, get the life on hit with vitality + unaffected by poison with malevolence watcher's eye, and all the evasion and dodge you can get. Also versus sirus, a jewel with Corrupted blood cannot be inflicted on you is a huge upgrade.
Last edited by Qshinigami on Nov 14, 2020, 8:53:05 AM
"
Enys wrote:
Hey how we generate frenzy and power charges?

You can search for cold iron daggers with frenzy or power charge implicit corruptions. not that expensive.

So at which state do you think is assassin after that "rework" as a starter. What does hurt the most, mv, def or dmg early on?
Guys, I am sorry, I won't manage to update the build to 3.13 before launch of the new league.

I am still struggling with a lot of health problems from my infection and have to take it slow.

Relating the viability of the build:
I guess poison BV is only a mid tier build now. It got it's fair share of nerfs, but it is not completely broken.

Personally it is in fact my fallback option, if my leaguestarter doesn't work out.

I would roughly guess that the build lost 30% damage over the last patch cycle

"
Bentic wrote:
So at which state do you think is assassin after that "rework" as a starter. What does hurt the most, mv, def or dmg early on?

I would guess it is about 30% damage lost. (rough guess from all the nerfs)

For me the movementspeed hurts most of the feel of the build.

Probably Obliteration and a Tabula will still be enough to get to red maps. From then on you maybe have to invest into some transition items until the endgame.

-------------------------

I will lay down now a bit until the league starts.

I wish everyone of you good luck.
My Video Guides: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHs1z6wAbUQCyZaJnoWYoJ80tHxWA89FA
My Poison BV Assassin: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2784069
Join my Discord: https://discord.gg/3C3bHk4
Last edited by exultheinsane on Jan 15, 2021, 10:30:15 AM
Thanks for your efforts, stay healthy! We lost about 25-30% dps and 20% ms which I think is no biggie, you can always plug in golden rule and farm juiced maps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info