[3.11] Poison Blade Vortex Assassin (Carried me to level 100 / delve 600+ / Aul / Sirus A8 viable)

I have been using this amulet while I save for the impresence. It is feeling great so far.
Hi exultheinsane.

Just passing by to say thank you for this very nice build. It was not that easy to get the mechanics right at first but once you are used to everything (shield charge, withering step, plague bearer) it's amazing and very powerful.

I play your build in HC and I'm doing fine. Last league I was killed almost instantly by the boss of the Primordial Blocks map which I never encountered before.

I think I'll skip him this time, he killed me lvl 88 and I would like to get 90.

Anyway, I played with bino, Kintsugi 4 links only, embalmer (asenath is extremely expensive and rare in HC apparently) and mistwall, the rest was all rare, no unique aztiri potion (expensive as hell too in HC) and no unique jewels. No cold iron point switch either, didn't really try that.

And it rocked pretty good lvl 88 after two sets of conquerors.

Thank you for the caustic arrow and toxic rain cheese method too to start the character. I use it until at least act 6because I generally don't have the proper sockets and / or color.

Embalmer gloves are amazing !

So, thanks for the guide, I'm enjoying this character a lot.

Also, I was using three red sockets in my Bino to use CWDT, IC and the support gem Increase Durability. Don't really know if it was really interesting but I didn't try anything else.

Also, is it important to have the CWDT at lvl 1 only ? When you get to 4k HP, isn't it okay to upgrade it a bit to get IC higher too or is it useless ?

Last question, did you take a look at the Replica Mistwall stats ? What do yo think of it?
Last edited by Infusc0mus on Sep 22, 2020, 9:10:59 AM
"
Infusc0mus wrote:
shield charge,

/snip

So, I just want to recommend you...stop using shield charge :P. You should be DWing daggers ( 2x cold iron point or 1 cold iron point and 1 bino's). Use Whirling blades. Mistwall I guess is a option but ya
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Sep 21, 2020, 8:56:54 PM
"
"
Infusc0mus wrote:
shield charge,

/snip

So, I just want to recommend you...stop using shield charge :P. You should be DWing daggers ( 2x cold iron point or 1 cold iron point and 1 bino's). Use Whirling blades. Mistwall I guess is a option but ya

Hm, I think this resembles the gr0bbs build then.

But why would Whirling Blade be better than shield charge in the end ? Is it just faster, more controllable or something ?

Also... I only play Hardcore so Mistwall or any shield definitely sounds like more survivability with this character, isn't it ? Then normally you can switch to 2 daggers for bosses as far as I understood the build (which is weird because bosses destroy you sometimes but well, I guess if they are down faster you have less to worry about).

I'm also preoccupied with getting full res with Bino + Cold Iron Point...

What do you think ?
"
Infusc0mus wrote:
(which is weird because bosses destroy you sometimes but well, I guess if they are down faster you have less to worry about).

My design choice was that most bosses have a very predictable moveset and there is not much else going on.

Since I have problems with long term concentration, a shorter fight results in less time were I can do mistakes that make me die.

Of course a shield is more safe.

My Video Guides: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHs1z6wAbUQCyZaJnoWYoJ80tHxWA89FA
My Poison BV Assassin: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2784069
Join my Discord: https://discord.gg/3C3bHk4
A quick note:

Asenath's Gentle Touch is fixed.
So good news on that side.

The Golden Rule is bugged.
I did not yet identify the issues, but a friend is playing the build and stacked up to 900 self poison without getting chaos resistance for it.

I am not sure, how that bug interacts with Noxious Strikes.

If there are any more bug interactions, that you find out, please remember to report them with the /bug command.
My Video Guides: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHs1z6wAbUQCyZaJnoWYoJ80tHxWA89FA
My Poison BV Assassin: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2784069
Join my Discord: https://discord.gg/3C3bHk4
"
Infusc0mus wrote:
"
"
Infusc0mus wrote:
shield charge,

/snip

Hm, I think this resembles the gr0bbs build then.

But why would Whirling Blade be better than shield charge in the end ? Is it just faster, more controllable or something ?

Also... I only play Hardcore so Mistwall or any shield definitely sounds like more survivability with this character, isn't it ? Then normally you can switch to 2 daggers for bosses as far as I understood the build (which is weird because bosses destroy you sometimes but well, I guess if they are down faster you have less to worry about).

I'm also preoccupied with getting full res with Bino + Cold Iron Point...

What do you think ?

Grobb's build is like 3k to 3.5k hp. Pretty unrealistic and cringy. I'm basically building around this build, just not interested in Mistwall. it gimps the damage too much IMO. I might change my mind when I can wear Aseneth's, and ditch Bino's.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Sep 22, 2020, 9:44:44 AM
"
"
Infusc0mus wrote:
shield charge,

/snip

Why did you recomend whirling my friend?... dont fortify on it...
Last edited by Vyr75 on Sep 22, 2020, 3:15:01 PM
I realized I had the same support gem linked twice so I did a sirus 5 with a 4link. Lol. Very strong.
Hello. Can help me? Explain what I am doing wrong. It is very easy to clean T16 maps with my items. But it's very hard and very little damage to bosses on T16 maps or guard sirius and sirius himself. What needs to be changed?
Last edited by KaseiOs on Sep 23, 2020, 2:45:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info