[3.11] Poison Blade Vortex Assassin (Carried me to level 100 / delve 600+ / Aul / Sirus A8 viable)

"
Hello good sir, first I want to thank you very much for this amazing build I've reached level 97 (my highest so far) and had a lot of fun playing it, Anyhow, Since the new league started (patch 3.12) I've been experiencing something very weird and it's driving me insane, I tried a couple of maps and I keep randomly getting 1 shotted with no clear reason why, sometimes after all the mobs die I'm randomly dead, sometimes I get 1 shotted by white packs (Which shouldn't be possible, I have you know I'm used to run juiced up tier 16 maps with no problems at all) does anyone know what's causing this issue?

With your characters hidden in your profile, I can't pinpoint the issue.

But are you using Asenath's Gentle Touch or an explody chest?

Asenath is bugged, I tested in in Standard out a minute ago.

https://youtu.be/gk4b3G5TR-o
My Video Guides: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHs1z6wAbUQCyZaJnoWYoJ80tHxWA89FA
My Poison BV Assassin: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2784069
Join my Discord: https://discord.gg/3C3bHk4
I suppose they will fix Assenath soon???...
Quick question because i decided to try this build out...

Why does the skill tree shown in the "leveling suggestion" area(where you recommend caustic/toxic rain till act 4/5)differ from the PoB? which is the right one?

For example, in the screen shot it shows you got atrophy, but in the PoB you go the opposite side of that wheel and get force shaper
Very happy with this build so far. Just hit 15 watchstones and level 89. Some thoughts while leveling:

Absolutely go around through Constitution, through Shaper, and get Potency of Will. This along with Exceptional performance is amazing early - no mana issues and basically never have to click a button. Skip damage nodes for this until you dont feel crunchy.

Also if you're struggling with health: 4L pseudo 5L embalmer, and just get the best defensive chest you can find (life, resists, dodge, etc). Embalmer also has chaos res.

HIGHLY recommend dual wield Bino's. More Chaos res and the regen is huge for mapping. I'm at 35 chaos res with Binos and Embalmer.

Also recommend getting curse on hit on a ring or gloves if possible. Again - if you feel crunchy, go temp chains over despair.

High level Chaos Golem for phys damage reduction, early annoint of Diamond Skin or Freedom of Movement for good budget / defenses.

Character viewable in profile.
Last edited by Perce79 on Sep 21, 2020, 12:25:14 PM
"
Perce79 wrote:
Very happy with this build so far. Just hit 15 watchstones and level 89. Some thoughts while leveling:

Absolutely go around through Constitution, through Shaper, and get Potency of Will. This along with Exceptional performance is amazing early - no mana issues and basically never have to click a button. Skip damage nodes for this until you dont feel crunchy.

Also if you're struggling with health: 4L pseudo 5L embalmer, and just get the best defensive chest you can find (life, resists, dodge, etc). Embalmer also has chaos res.

HIGHLY recommend dual wield Bino's. More Chaos res and the regen is huge for mapping. I'm at 35 chaos res with Binos and Embalmer.

Also recommend getting curse on hit on a ring or gloves if possible. Again - if you feel crunchy, go temp chains over despair.

High level Chaos Golem for phys damage reduction, early annoint of Diamond Skin or Freedom of Movement for good budget / defenses.

How's it feeling in heists? I'd expect anything that does well in delve ought to be fine there too with the assassin crit resistance and picking up dodge nodes.

I'm currently rerolling primarily due to realizing this league is not super duper glass cannon viable which was my first choice. Probably ED/C is smarter for tank, but I've been eyeballing BV simply to try something new and maybe respec to another assassin build in a month or so.
"
yakri wrote:
"
Perce79 wrote:

How's it feeling in heists? I'd expect anything that does well in delve ought to be fine there too with the assassin crit resistance and picking up dodge nodes.

I'm currently rerolling primarily due to realizing this league is not super duper glass cannon viable which was my first choice. Probably ED/C is smarter for tank, but I've been eyeballing BV simply to try something new and maybe respec to another assassin build in a month or so.

Ive barely delved - only at ilvl 73 or 74 mobs. As we discussed in game, also having issues getting insta gibbed in Heist, but from what I read, so are very tanky characters. Not a concern right now.

My bigger concern is some bossing. All of my deaths since 86 are against bosses with no adds. Baran and Veritana. Not a huge deal, only a few. But its pretty obvious the Bino's arent going to be top notch in those types of fights. Hence the need for Cold Iron Points later. I did just add a LGOSH ring, so hopefully that helps for now.

Edit: Also will get rid of blood rage, not worth the degen.
Last edited by Perce79 on Sep 21, 2020, 2:11:35 PM
Edit: fucked up, great guide!
Last edited by Musixx on Sep 21, 2020, 5:30:12 PM
"
Musixx wrote:
I really like the build this season but I'm struggling with survivability and mana. Any suggestions on items or what to socket for a smoother experience? Also, I see that many people either use Poison Support or either Vile Toxix, are they on the same level?

Just to be clear - you're level 81, managed to get a Mistwall, a 6l chest with 100 life, using flesh and stone, AND you're dying? To what?

Try Bino's as a describe earlier. You get the pseudo explosion like with obliteration, but you get a great regen during mapping plus chaos res.

More importantly - are you not using withering step? It looks like it should be the third link in your shield. Trust me its huge. You either need withering step to run through mobs while BV'ing, or shield charge to do the same. One or the other. That would help a lot.
"
Perce79 wrote:

Just to be clear - you're level 81, managed to get a Mistwall, a 6l chest with 100 life, using flesh and stone, AND you're dying? To what?

Try Bino's as a describe earlier. You get the pseudo explosion like with obliteration, but you get a great regen during mapping plus chaos res.

More importantly - are you not using withering step? It looks like it should be the third link in your shield. Trust me its huge. You either need withering step to run through mobs while BV'ing, or shield charge to do the same. One or the other. That would help a lot.

Because I suck and did 3 maps without my Amulet just getting randomly one-shoted and didn't even notice it's still in the Crafting Bench. Typical newb filter I guess. Not an Issue anymore and yes withering step is the missing link. Thanks :)
Last edited by Musixx on Sep 21, 2020, 5:30:25 PM
"
Musixx wrote:
"
Perce79 wrote:

Because I suck and did 3 maps without my Amulet just getting randomly one-shoted and didn't even notice it's still in the Crafting Bench. Typical newb filter I guess. Not an Issue anymore and yes withering step is the missing link. Thanks :)

Lol fair enough!

Btw switched to Mistwall, plus CWDT Phasing, plus freedom of movement for more phasing goodness. Feels great.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info