[3.11] Poison Blade Vortex Assassin (Carried me to level 100 / delve 600+ / Aul / Sirus A8 viable)

How much time did it take you to level up with CA&TR -> BV to maps? I'm thinking about league starting with this build, but I'm not sure if I can level up as BV, or if I should level up as Chaosslinger, respec a little and change to BV near maps.

I'm going to do my own test run, just asking :)
Last edited by Erthax on Sep 9, 2020, 4:34:53 AM
I played this build in Harvest and it is amazing! really fun, fast and enduring. had my problems with A8 Sirius at first but as of now killed him multiple times. I would like to offer a slightly different endgame build which will ramp up dmg and cost, with a chest with explode and curse mod aswell as a ring with life per spell hit and assasins mark 5/8/12. It is absolut massiv in map clearing and even more boss dps. if id now hot to link my char i would ;)
In watcher´s eye, what is better malevolence or vitality?... its hard to get both...
"
Vyr75 wrote:
In watcher´s eye, what is better malevolence or vitality?... its hard to get both...

No need to copy his exact auras. In fact IMO it's better to use Herald of Agony with a circle of Nostalgia in place of Vitality. Not really sure why he has Vitality in the build. 1% life regen is not worth the reservation.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Sep 12, 2020, 2:47:01 PM
Oh thanks, 1 more question, how did you get explody enemies when them die?...

Nah , assenath´s... pufff
Last edited by Vyr75 on Sep 12, 2020, 3:23:44 AM
I have a good feeling this is going to be my league start again.
Hello there,

Sorry for not replying in the past weeks to your questions, the last weeks have been extremly busy and exhausting.

Now let's catch up:

"
"
Vyr75 wrote:

No need to copy his exact auras. In fact IMO it's better to use Herald of Agony with a circle of Nostalgia in place of Vitality. Not really sure why he has Vitality in the build. 1% life regen is not worth the reservation.

The deciding factor was to gain the insane life on hit with the Watcher's Eye. The Vitality Aura itself is fairly weak.

My recommendation is to focus on the Malevolence, as I deem this as must have in combination with The Golden Rule.
Should you have the budget, the Vitality stat on the Watcher's Eye is good for survival, but not necessary to get the build going.

If you feel the need to modify the aura setup, I highly recommend you to do it.
This guide is based on grinding level 100 twice, so obviously I build more defensive than others.

"
Erthax wrote:
How much time did it take you to level up with CA&TR -> BV to maps? I'm thinking about league starting with this build, but I'm not sure if I can level up as BV, or if I should level up as Chaosslinger, respec a little and change to BV near maps.

I'm going to do my own test run, just asking :)

I leveled together with a friend and we were relaxed between 5-6 hours.

The swap from CA&TR was during act 5, once I had 2 caster weapons and unleash support.

"
Salus_99 wrote:
Cool build, just why skitter bots rather than precision?

Multiple Reasons:
1. It was in PoB during the first level 100 grind better than Precision and I stuck with it since then.
2. I really like the optics of those guys.

"
poellingo wrote:
can this do all mods?

No.
Reflect physical damage is a problem and can kill us instantly.

Other than that, no reggen is not feeling good, but can be run if needed.

I hope that this answered the most recent posts.
If you still need help, don't be afraid to ask either here or directly in my stream.

I will not start Heist as Blade Vortex due to a stupid bet that involves me doing a no BV, no Chaos league start.
But I will still update the guide after the patchnotes are released.
My Video Guides: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHs1z6wAbUQCyZaJnoWYoJ80tHxWA89FA
My Poison BV Assassin: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2784069
Join my Discord: https://discord.gg/3C3bHk4
can i get this build for league start 3.12?
"
stardustzz wrote:
can i get this build for league start 3.12?

Wait to patch notes!!!...
Last edited by Vyr75 on Sep 15, 2020, 3:39:54 PM
Any tips on bosses? I found this build to be fun on most maps but bosses at times either melt or face roll me. The chaos resist seems difficult to push through and do enough damage while trying to dodge constantly without getting one shot.

Build felt bit soft on higher tiers and certain bosses.

Also didn't find a way to get my mana reservation down to keep vitality in the build ended up using Stone golem but it dies quickly in harder maps/bosses.
Last edited by Oosik411 on Sep 15, 2020, 4:49:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info