[3.11] Poison Blade Vortex Assassin (Carried me to level 100 / delve 600+ / Aul / Sirus A8 viable)

:( disappointed in this build 100%
I found that dual wielding cold iron point and bino helps with early damage.
This build is nuts. From about Act 4-5 onwards you will just run through everything without stopping. Picking up a 1 chaos embalmers early on gives you access to a 5L BV which is all you really need for most content. You can opt for big boy DPS with cold iron points which helps for single target DPS against bosses, or for some combination with mistwall to evade/block anything. I did not try obliteration, but cold iron point + bino was a good combo that gave big damage and clear.

At the moment I am using double cold iron points because I have asenath's gloves.

I cannot recommend this build enough if you want a cheap build that can map at insane speed. I will add that bossing can be difficult if you aren't good at dodging attacks, although spell totems are very helpful here (and note I am using dual cold iron points and carcass jack, perhaps mistwall / kintsugi would help here). I almost did A5 Sirus deathless on a 5L using cold iron point/bino, and after upgrading my gear (i.e. gloves, amulet, 6L, ring) I did A6 Sirus deathless.
Hi guy and thank for this wonderfull job.
With the change in the tree, it seems that the unnatural instinct not worth to be pathed (4 points and mass exalt for 15% life)
Profane chemistery will cost 3 points, give 14% life and flask effect.

What do you think about that ?
"
BrettLee wrote:
This build is nuts. From about Act 4-5 onwards you will just run through everything without stopping. Picking up a 1 chaos embalmers early on gives you access to a 5L BV which is all you really need for most content. You can opt for big boy DPS with cold iron points which helps for single target DPS against bosses, or for some combination with mistwall to evade/block anything. I did not try obliteration, but cold iron point + bino was a good combo that gave big damage and clear.

At the moment I am using double cold iron points because I have asenath's gloves.

I cannot recommend this build enough if you want a cheap build that can map at insane speed. I will add that bossing can be difficult if you aren't good at dodging attacks, although spell totems are very helpful here (and note I am using dual cold iron points and carcass jack, perhaps mistwall / kintsugi would help here). I almost did A5 Sirus deathless on a 5L using cold iron point/bino, and after upgrading my gear (i.e. gloves, amulet, 6L, ring) I did A6 Sirus deathless.

Can you elaborate a bit more about this, please?

I'm looking into this build (I come from a VD Necro, lacking single target damage) and I always wanted to try BV Poison. Does it have enough single target damage to kill endgame bosses?
"
Miyavi wrote:
"
BrettLee wrote:

I'm looking into this build (I come from a VD Necro, lacking single target damage) and I always wanted to try BV Poison. Does it have enough single target damage to kill endgame bosses?

Yep, it definitely has enough single target damage to take on end game bosses. I killed Sirus A6 and A7 deathless pretty quickly and comfortably. Regular T15-16 map bosses die quickly too, but you aren't exactly blowing them up compared to something like a BL miner. Overall, I'm very impressed by the single target damage that this build puts out, and it has far exceeded my expectations.

My initial comment about bossing being "difficult" was more about my experience running a 5-link with cold iron point and bino. I was still able to kill everything (Sirus A5 almost deathless, got him down to 10% HP last phase), kill elderslayers, conquerors, etc - but I would die every now and then. Once i picked up a 6-link I stopped dying. I went from 92 or 93 up to 95 doing all type of contnent and bosses without any deaths.
"
BrettLee wrote:
"
Miyavi wrote:
"
BrettLee wrote:

Yep, it definitely has enough single target damage to take on end game bosses. I killed Sirus A6 and A7 deathless pretty quickly and comfortably. Regular T15-16 map bosses die quickly too, but you aren't exactly blowing them up compared to something like a BL miner. Overall, I'm very impressed by the single target damage that this build puts out, and it has far exceeded my expectations.

My initial comment about bossing being "difficult" was more about my experience running a 5-link with cold iron point and bino. I was still able to kill everything (Sirus A5 almost deathless, got him down to 10% HP last phase), kill elderslayers, conquerors, etc - but I would die every now and then. Once i picked up a 6-link I stopped dying. I went from 92 or 93 up to 95 doing all type of contnent and bosses without any deaths.

Great to know, thanks for the input.
I actually started leveling a Shadow yesterday and I alread bought some gear for it :D
Hello !

The build is working well for me, I'm having fun and still haven't encountered major issues during my progression :)

Just a question : I randomly vaaled my embalmer gloves and rolled this mod :

I was wondering if replacing my impresence by a Vigil to add temporal chains and still being able to use despair could be an option, as I don't have a 6 links chest yet, nor Asenath !

I would then annoint Whispers of doom to use boths curses !

Thanks in advance for your answer :)
Have people been having success with this for delving? I'd like to get a fossil farmer going and I'm wondering if this would be a good option.
I leveled this yesterday and now I'm blasting even through low red maps with level 76. Really good build.

What do you guys think about

For those who don't know what Stalking Postule is: It's basically Chaos VD.
You get a corpse explosion for 9% Monster Life which is pure Chaos damage, followed by a seeking projectile.

I'm running it with Spell Cascade, so I get three explosions and projectiles out of each trigger, Power Charge on Crit for constant Power Charges while mapping and Deadly Ailments and Vile Toxins.

I also took Low Tolerance (+300% damage on first poison on enemy) on my medium Cluster Jewel.

This way a single projectile from the boots can clear out a whole off-the-path pack by itself. With Low Tolerance the initial projectile can kill a white mob by itself, the following explosion deals poison based on this monsters life, which gets proliferated through Bino's and enhanced by Low Tolerance.

Also within the packs you kill I'm pretty sure that the monster life based poison from the first explosion in the pack is the one Binos proliferates so you have a very strong dot going through the pack and stacking upon any rare in there.

Also with Atziri's Promise you are easily Chaos Resist capped with those shoes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info