Cold ANIMATE WEAPON Summoner | League-Start & Leveling Guide

@OP - what items do you have on your animated guardian for the build?
"
"
xWoonie wrote:
Hello, I'm new to this game and to this build. I can't seem to figure out how to use Animate Guardian?

You would need to be more specific in your question, but check the Advanced section for advice on gearing the AG.

"
Voidurai wrote:
How does this build perform against reflect?

Against elemental reflect, badly. You can turn off the Hatred aura and remove Triad Grip gloves to get through it - which I've done several times. Typically easier to re-roll reflect maps though.

I have a Sibyl's Lament in my stash for when i need to run reflect maps. The 80% reduced reflect dmg is enough for me to not even notice the mod. I have a fat chaos ring that I switch out so my ele resists are still good.
"
appetite wrote:
@OP - what items do you have on your animated guardian for the build?

There is a section about the items for the animated guardian.
Fairly "new-to-lategame-poe"-player here. Im 89, about mid tier maps, feeling like im doing fine (gear is not perfect but fine on resists and stuff for now + working on getting BiS' everywhere). When i run a sim on my character in Path of Building i get around 22k dps on my AW where my friends with other builds hit 70-80k dps way earlier than me. Am i doing anything wrong or does path of building just not calculate the numbers correctly without manually adjusting inputs i assume im not aware of? As i said, feeling fine on current maps, only really having a rough time on some deliriums.

Love the build so far.
"
Patrickmnz wrote:
Fairly "new-to-lategame-poe"-player here. Im 89, about mid tier maps, feeling like im doing fine (gear is not perfect but fine on resists and stuff for now + working on getting BiS' everywhere). When i run a sim on my character in Path of Building i get around 22k dps on my AW where my friends with other builds hit 70-80k dps way earlier than me. Am i doing anything wrong or does path of building just not calculate the numbers correctly without manually adjusting inputs i assume im not aware of? As i said, feeling fine on current maps, only really having a rough time on some deliriums.

Love the build so far.

I believe the DPS is per weapon. So you multiply per number of weapons you can summon - this is a big part of why the build is so good at bossing.

Its also why Minion Move Speed is so important, since getting your weapons to move/focus on packs properly is essential for "effective dps"
"
Patrickmnz wrote:

Love the build so far.

I downloaded your build into Path of Building.

I see ~42k per blade for your setup.

As you progress, the best way to improve your damage is through jewels. Many of the jewels you chose for the build do not help your damage. The Build Guide in the first post has a section dedicated to jewels. When you are ready to upgrade, take a moment to read through that before purchasing any jewels. It will help you understand what to look for.

As for Path of Building, there are two items to keep in mind:

1) Make sure you are using the Fork version of POB. This version supports many damage calculations that the base version does not. Here is how to do it (it is a simple one line change in a file)
https://github.com/PathOfBuildingCommunity/PathOfBuilding/wiki/Installing-this-Fork

2) When calculating AW damage, you have to an extra step of creating a "Lingering Blade" and adding it to your build.

Here is a link to your build that can show you what I mean. Again, make sure you load this into the Fork version.

https://pastebin.com/WcSKGCdF

What would be the next best upgrade for the most benefit ?

Also bought the wand for 100c, not sure if worth but i felt like i was going to miss out if i didn't buy it :D
Last edited by SkeptaInterlude on Mar 29, 2020, 11:47:57 AM
"
I died in Simulacrum late but I could not do anything from that point on as I was never able to get my AW's back up before getting killed again when stepping through the portal.

Is there any trick to finding some space when re-entering the simulacrum when the bad guys are swarming and you have no AW's up?

This happened to me a fair bit sadly this is one of the downsides of animate weapon, the only thing I did that sometimes worked is depending on the arena I would look for a spot that the least mobs spawned and put a portal there. I know on lioneyes watch you put a portal on the ship and on sarn encampment you put a portal on the docks and I seem to be able to get in. Sadly for the other arenas it's not as nice.
"

Also bought the wand for 100c, not sure if worth but i felt like i was going to miss out if i didn't buy it :D

For 100 chaos you wouldve probably been able to snatch a +1 minion wand. Trigger socketed spell is only QoL and doesnt really add damage.

Helmet could use lab enchant (AW damage or more AWs summoned), one is QoL and one damage. Movement speed or hatred aura effects on ring are really nice. Not sure what your other jewels are or whether youre using a cluster jewel.
"
Semuy wrote:
"

For 100 chaos you wouldve probably been able to snatch a +1 minion wand. Trigger socketed spell is only QoL and doesnt really add damage.

Helmet could use lab enchant (AW damage or more AWs summoned), one is QoL and one damage. Movement speed or hatred aura effects on ring are really nice. Not sure what your other jewels are or whether youre using a cluster jewel.

These are the abyss jewels i'm running + the cluster jewels from the POB with

Large:
-Call to Slaughter
-Feasting Fiends
-Renewal

Medium:
Vengeful Commander

I assumed that wands with +1 minion only applied to the gems in the wand but now i see where i was wrong. Those mods seem real strong :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info