[3.11] Brittleknee’s Caustic Arrow CI Trickster - Farm Awakener Comfortably! Video Overview Included

"
Apadamak wrote:
Hey BK!

Great guide, I'm currently trying this build out in Harvest, so far so good, though i'm only on act 3. Will be my 4th charachter of the leauge so I have about an EX to throw at it early on. I'm excited to push it further. My question was at what point do you recommend we start to switch over to ES/CI? Is it after lvl 60, lvl 70? Or is it when we have enough regret orbs to build the final end game tree and enough cash for ES gear? plus the required uniques you have recommended in the guide?

Just curious, thanks for any information!

Really just having enough money to get everything. prob want at least 6k ES when you switch I would think

Just go MoM for now and farm up. its still really good.
Great Guide btw. So far it's been my best league ever, I really feel the power and tankiness with this build.

I just have a question, I just got my Poachers Jewel with 1% mana reduced, however it hasn't done anything for my mana reservation. Like my mana didn't change with or without it. Do you know why this is?

Btw my Malevolence, Vaal Discipline, Fesh&Stone are reduced by the skill tree,
lvl 3 Enlighten. I don't have an amulet yet based on your guide since it's a bit too expensive.

Thank you @brittleknee so much for the clear and direct guide.
I am still gearing up but this is one of the most fun builds i have played.

I really appreciate the work you and others have done to finally allow me to enjoyably play CI, after 7 years of playing PoE.

My current (Unfinished) build is : https://pastebin.com/shAGYmiL

Im going to keep pushing and hopefully i will complete new content. (for me anyway)

I know i have lots that i can improve on so any tips or advice is much welcomed.

Thank you again, i look forward to more guides, live streams and great content from you.
Thanks BK for this build! I haven't tried any CI build other than ED/Contagion, so I'm excited to try this build.

One question though, what are the medium cluster jewels used in this build?
I get large blank for the description both in the tree and in items tab. I heard the update on PoB might have caused this.

Thank you!!
"
Orzi wrote:
Great Guide!

I was wondering why not pick up "Perfect Agony"? seems that it could synergize well with the build.

Perfect Agony refers to ailments - CA debuff isn't considered an ailment.

"
darkspawnbr10 wrote:
Hey Britle, i can't find the pob for mom version. I only found the "leveling pob", but it has no items and others stuff after the mapping tree

Well, the guide intends to use the MoM version for leveling only, not the endgame. You can use the main examples as far any things non related to ES are considered.

"
Orzi wrote:
I see Three or four curses in the set up and gear- how does this work? do you apply all of them or just situational or luck of the draw?

Just need a little guidance on this.

Nice build and guide, thanks! :)

In this case you need to adjust your curse limit for however many curses you want to use. You can do this for example by allocating Whispers of Doom or using Awakened Curse on Hit at lvl 5. Other methods.

"
Pfulton89 wrote:
How would this build be with Toxic Rain?
I'm playing league with it and am switching to CI so I was wondering if it would be wise to incorporate this skill tree or would I need to change some of the passives around?

As BK said, in general you would need some focus on skill effect duration, additional projectiles and AoE, but it can be worked out, they're fairly familiar.

"
mafiaboy88 wrote:
Great Guide btw. So far it's been my best league ever, I really feel the power and tankiness with this build.

I just have a question, I just got my Poachers Jewel with 1% mana reduced, however it hasn't done anything for my mana reservation. Like my mana didn't change with or without it. Do you know why this is?

Btw my Malevolence, Vaal Discipline, Fesh&Stone are reduced by the skill tree,
lvl 3 Enlighten. I don't have an amulet yet based on your guide since it's a bit too expensive.

I don't know why it wouldn't, could you provide some screenshots?

"
BansheeLP wrote:
I can't see the cluster jewels except the large one, anyone else got the problem? (have the right pob)

"
The_Mentor wrote:
Thanks BK for this build! I haven't tried any CI build other than ED/Contagion, so I'm excited to try this build.

One question though, what are the medium cluster jewels used in this build?
I get large blank for the description both in the tree and in items tab. I heard the update on PoB might have caused this.

Thank you!!

You need to update the jewels - just double click them on the list of all items and save, you'll see them on the tree then.
"
I don't know why it wouldn't, could you provide some screenshots?

When I posted this question I didn't have Malevolence Reduce mana yet, and I think 1% reduced mana reserved wasn't a big enough change that I couldn't see any changes in my mana. Now with all my complete gear I can see the difference.

Btw I'm happy to say i've come close to min maxing this build and I have poured a lot of currency into this build. So far this has been my faveorite build I have played in POE and the farthest I have gotten in any league. I could probably do anything deathless but i'm a not a good player so I die a lot.

Here is my gear (yes i'm flexing, sorry this is the first time i've ever been this powerful) 10.5k ES, 2.2m Shaper DPS

Last edited by mafiaboy88 on Jul 25, 2020, 8:09:39 AM
Aww man I just now found this build and started the league as a pathfinder. Is it even possible to go CI with pathfinder?

Apologies for my ignorance, I'm still fairly new to POE and was looking to upgrade my current build
Last edited by MyNizzle1234 on Jul 26, 2020, 3:06:22 PM
"
MyNizzle1234 wrote:
Aww man I just now found this build and started the league as a pathfinder. Is it even possible to go CI with pathfinder?

Apologies for my ignorance, I'm still fairly new to POE and was looking to upgrade my current build

Sounds somewhat clunky, but maybe you can at least go hybrid and take advantage of some flasks, like The Sorrow of the Divine.

Then, the issue that the Trickster solves and the Pathfinder doesn't is stun immunity. They're calculated off your maximum life as if you didn't have CI, but that still means they're often. ES provides 50% chance to ignore stuns. There's a veiled modifier on flasks (drop from the Syndicate endgame boss) which provides a separate 50% chance to avoid being stunned, which can work well for you. Maybe you could take an additional step and craft this chance on your helmet/gloves/body armour or pick the corresponding nodes near the start point of the Ranger (Heart of Oak).
Any chance of getting a link to a skill tree that’s not in POB? I play Xbox and don’t have access to a pc for pob and fork so I can’t load up the ci or early mom trees lol. Thanks
"
nefiros wrote:
Any chance of getting a link to a skill tree that’s not in POB? I play Xbox and don’t have access to a pc for pob and fork so I can’t load up the ci or early mom trees lol. Thanks

Sure, which trees would you like? Base, Cluster, End Game?
Also do you prefer imgur or something like poeplanner?
Check me out on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/brittleknee
All of my builds are here: https://tinyurl.com/y5vwayk2

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info