Dear GGG: Please stop wiping out my Atlas progress on Standard

"
lagwin1980 wrote:
Spoiler
jesus fuck.....dude, when the reset happens, grab your highest tier map then run it, done, everything is unlocked again, then go convert your maps to the new versions.

That would be great if CONVERSION WOULD PROPERLY WORK.

At the moment, certain maps can't be properly converted, so us Standard "scrubs" were shafted of an unfair amount of maps, which can only be ran, and not properly converted into equivalents.

If TencentGGG keep reinventing the wheel "just because" each patch regarding the Atlas, they really need to "git gud & up to snuff" and properly have the MAP CONVERSION WORK for ALL THE DAMN MAPS... And no, the Horizon orbs still follow the same rules, so they are totally useless to mitigate said problem.

Unfortunately, even if we're having a couple hundred maps of the same kind, that does very little to improve the situation, as many conversions provide "meh" outcomes at best - so I really felt sorry for the players that pressed the CONVERT button in the map tab instead of being very careful and test it before.

And they also need to stop with "conversion is working as intended", although it's CLEARLY NOT, when the logical outcome of us having the same amount of maps in the Atlas - with maybe a very small variation - is to have those LINKED in a proper way, so you will always get a proper unique equivalent every time you convert a damn map...

And if they mess up as with the conversion, or they don't improve on the Watchstone system, they can take their $%@&&* Atlas and |?^# !&, as having to rework your way every damn time for various bonuses that seem to be stacking "just because", got so tiring, that they need a PROPER SOLUTION BEFORE 4.0...

PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
Last edited by sofocle10000 on Feb 23, 2020, 10:17:58 PM
We lost atlas progression plus they wiped out all of the unique map completions. They eventually fixed the unique map reset problem. Based on that kind of history, I'm afraid that GGG may not migrate watchstone progress from the league to standard until league after next. :-(

It may not be the ideal solution but I'm playing Grim Dawn for now.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Before this, run 1 legacy T16 corrupt map = all map complete because max regular map is T15.

Now we got even T16 in atlas, but I dont think we got T17 map to clear all that in 1 legacy map.

So if they gonna reset again it gonna be suck.
Trading for tier:16 legacy maps is a very popular trade in Standard at the beginning of each league.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
jesus fuck.....dude, when the reset happens, grab your highest tier map then run it, done, everything is unlocked again, then go convert your maps to the new versions.

"
Turtledove wrote:
Run an older generation red map that is rare and corrupted. That will complete everything one tier below. For example, if you run a rare corrupted tier 16 map and kill the boss, then all tier 15 and below not unique maps will be marked completed on the atlas.
I did just that after Atlas reset at the start of Metamorph, got about 100-110 of 150(or whatever). No stones either. Are you two saying this bullshit had been fixed during the league?
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
What's the current state of the map conversion button now?

Does it bork your maps, or is it safe to use?

I still dont have this button , it was there for a day , did absolutely nothing and since then its gone

I have 2 stash of maps from 3.8 and 3.7 and i really dont want to manually resell them to vendor to convert them
"
zecoratul wrote:
"
lagwin1980 wrote:

"
Turtledove wrote:
Run an older generation red map that is rare and corrupted. That will complete everything one tier below. For example, if you run a rare corrupted tier 16 map and kill the boss, then all tier 15 and below not unique maps will be marked completed on the atlas.
I did just that after Atlas reset at the start of Metamorph, got about 100-110 of 150(or whatever). No stones either. Are you two saying this bullshit had been fixed during the league?

The above procedure does not complete the atlas bonus for unique maps or for the tier:16 maps. (assuming that you run a t:16 map) If you had any unique map completions during the prior league in standard then those atlas completions for the unique maps should remain. What I'm not sure of is whether or not unique map completions are migrated to standard. I'll find out if my Hall of Grandmasters completion is migrated this league.
"
Turtledove wrote:
It should be safe to use now. GGG disabled the conversion button when the bug was first discovered. It was re-enabled a month ago or so. As a surprise bonus, GGG gave me back all my "lost" maps in a remove only map tab at the time.

Are you saying GGG violated their own never restore anything for any reason policy? Wow, I honestly didn’t see that one coming though I’m glad they did.
"
zecoratul wrote:

This

Some white knights around really have no idea what they are talking about
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Daqidius wrote:
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
What's the current state of the map conversion button now?

Does it bork your maps, or is it safe to use?

I still dont have this button , it was there for a day , did absolutely nothing and since then its gone

I have 2 stash of maps from 3.8 and 3.7 and i really dont want to manually resell them to vendor to convert them

I definitely still have it on my account. Just not sure if it's a good idea to use it.
Wash your hands, Exile!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info