Dear GGG: Please stop wiping out my Atlas progress on Standard

It takes me nearly the entire league to get to red maps -- and for the past several leagues I have watched that progress get arbitrarily erased and my Atlas bonus reset. It's extremely demoralizing.

With Atlas 3.0 (or whatever this new one is called) that was kind of acceptable, because the Atlas outright changed. But prior to that the last several leagues saw a map reshuffle that seemed pointless at best and caused everyone in Standard to lose their progress. More importantly I lose my Atlas bonus! Arrrggh! (Not to mention the hassle of converting all my old maps to the new map format, and dealing with map tab shenanigans that made this needlessly complicated)

I seem to recall experiencing a mechanic where if you went into a red map or something then the Atlas would auto-complete all white/yellow maps, but that was a while ago and few seem to talk about it. If you insist on reshuffling maps again can you please at least give us this?
Last edited by n00sipher on Feb 21, 2020, 2:58:36 PM
Last bumped on Mar 2, 2020, 3:15:25 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Regaining your bonus by running a high tier atlas map was an option during my entire playtime and probably even before that. I am pretty sure it will still be there in 3.10. I doubt GGG wants to deal with the shitstorm they would get otherwise.
Run an older generation red map that is rare and corrupted. That will complete everything one tier below. For example, if you run a rare corrupted tier 16 map and kill the boss, then all tier 15 and below not unique maps will be marked completed on the atlas.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
Run an older generation red map that is rare and corrupted. That will complete everything one tier below. For example, if you run a rare corrupted tier 16 map and kill the boss, then all tier 15 and below not unique maps will be marked completed on the atlas.

I hope we still have watcher stones. Otherwise it will be pain..
"
Rexeos wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

I hope we still have watcher stones. Otherwise it will be pain..

Yes, I also hope that GGG migrates all that stuff from the league to standard. I was going to play standard this league but because PoE messed up the map tab conversion early in the league, I played in the league instead.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
What's the current state of the map conversion button now?

Does it bork your maps, or is it safe to use?
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
gibbousmoon wrote:

It should be safe to use now. GGG disabled the conversion button when the bug was first discovered. It was re-enabled a month ago or so. As a surprise bonus, GGG gave me back all my "lost" maps in a remove only map tab at the time.
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
gibbousmoon wrote:

It should be safe to use now. GGG disabled the conversion button when the bug was first discovered. It was re-enabled a month ago or so. As a surprise bonus, GGG gave me back all my "lost" maps in a remove only map tab at the time.

Thanks. Nice to know.

Be even nicer if they tested this shit first so it's not even a question, but you know... that would require testing. Can't waste time on dat shit. More important things to do!
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
gibbousmoon wrote:

Thanks. Nice to know.

Be even nicer if they tested this shit first so it's not even a question, but you know... that would require testing. Can't waste time on dat shit. More important things to do!

This is actually the second time they messed up the map-tab badly! It's incredible...
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
jesus fuck.....dude, when the reset happens, grab your highest tier map then run it, done, everything is unlocked again, then go convert your maps to the new versions.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info