[3.23]The BLOCKMAN

I've worked with someone else on this build, looked at where we COULD be, looked at where others ARE with gear, and I've decided to drop it for an alternate Duelist build that I can re-use my gear on.

Good luck to all!
I wanted to give an update to those who are still committed to this build like I am, want to play it but feel lost. I'm currently sitting on 75%(+1%) attack block 69% spell block (with tempest). Added to this I have Rumi's pot so my spell block is capped when I'm running the pot. I'm level 91, I'm only running one small cluster with spell block so if I wanted, I can get +5% more spell block from the tree.

If you are randomly popping, its the Abyssus. You don't have to use the helmet. Dead dps do no damage, as the old mmo saying goes. I swapped out to
. I ran couple t14 without any deaths with some nasty mods. Of course these helmets cannot compete with Abyssus damage, but you can get back to the helmet after you have 5k+ hp.
So my damage went from 800k to 650k (no pots added).

You can also go Devoto's Devotion, if you are not running the Arena Challenger node on the ascendancy, it will give you speed modifier and chaos res, its pretty amazing.

Here is my https://pastebin.com/7wA2p0cq. There are some experimental things I'm working on so it is not accurate to my current character. I have a different cyclone set up on pob where I use fortify instead of close combat and removed points from the fortify nodes, I have yet to decide where to invest those.

I will update further in the future.

Edit: Divergent Tempest shield is +2% more spell block so those of you who has the currency can consider that.
Last edited by mouta on Nov 14, 2021, 9:38:26 PM
They changed passive tree, now we dont have max spell block as max attack block.
How you fix spell block chance
Hi there,

currently I am using this setup -> https://pastebin.com/4Z8mRxyX

The problem with this setup seems to be, that it runs smooth, until it does not, when I seem to get a "one shot" from some random mob. Guess that damage mostly comes from spell hits.

Would it maybe better to use Glancing Blows? Not tested so far. I would loose around 800k dps, that would partly come back with Reckoning and Vengeance due to more blocks. Also Life on hit/block would trigger more often...

This would be a little shift from avoidance to mitigation. Any profound opinions on this? -> https://pastebin.com/MJb9GmJN

Never mind... dropped Gladiator and reskilled to Champ
Last edited by Nemi83 on Nov 22, 2021, 8:30:57 AM
https://pastebin.com/SkMRZgY7

any tips to improve ?
Please help me improve this blockman build? Ty ty

https://pastebin.com/KxF2zbfZ
"
ThalantyrDSL wrote:
"
KaiserOrion wrote:
how are people finding this build at the top end.

im dying a lot, i reduced some block to take some life and still die.

any help would be appreciated, but i feel like i have all the gear and then some and my damage isn't there for the bosses and standing still and letting any enemy hit me is a death sentence... at this point i don't even think its tanky at all.

i have tried the build with capped block but theres not enough life, ive tried the build with more life and capped block but theres no damage.

not sure what to do next really

Hmmm, you're in front of me. Your gear isn't too bad at all.

What tier maps or beyond are you facing issues?

I'm only currently running T11 maps and have issues here and there.
I know I can go further but I'm just farming away to get some more gear.

I'm in t16's a8. A real tanky build will be able to just stand still and take the hits, if I stand still in a pack of white mobs I'll die. Its just not tanky, it need much much more regen or leech or recoup. More defensive mitigation, you get hit by a dot and your dead, try running through a map with ground effects your dead, fight something with any amount of speed modifier and your dead. The guy who made this said its a mid investment build so 30-50 ex and it will tank everything, well that's just not true at all. I've since tried making more adjustments to make the defensive layers more robust but it's lacking in several factors, blocking is only good against hits, and the build is centered around that one factor but the game has multiple way sto kill you and unless your spending 100ex + or know how to craft your own gear and want to spend 3 months of league grinding for it, you won't have enough life to survive.

I'm probably going to respect and try something else to be honest.

WARNING TO ANYONE WANTING TO START WITH THIS BUILD OR CARRY ON INVESTING IN IT

THE BUILD CREATORS HIGHEST LEVEL CHAR IS 97, HE DOES NOT CURRENTLY RUN THE BLOCKMAN AT ALL, HIS GLADIATOR THIS LEAGUE IS LVL 50...

THE BUILD DOES NOT WORK AS ADVERTISED ITS A CURRENCY DUMP AND IS FRUITLESS, YOU CAN RESPEC THIS BUILD AND MAKE A WORKING CHARACTER JUST DONT WASRE YOUR TIME TRYING TO BE A TANK AND HAVE THE DPS UNLESS YOU HAVE MIRRORS TO SPEND, IT DOES NOT WORK.
Last edited by KaiserOrion on Dec 6, 2021, 4:56:43 AM
Beginner here, 2 questions

1. With the passive tree node providing a big chance to impale, plus dread banner, is the impale gem support necessary?

2. Is it ok if I take the fortify mastery so i dont need to use the fortify gem, and replace it with pulverise?
Can this be played in 3.17?? What changes will I have to make it viable in 3.17??
Currently got up to 87, have most of the gear, better sword, crit rings, maxed resists and Im sitting at 77% block. 25% spell block and dont feel like investing more for the spell block because honestly even with the normal block rate I get exploded by groups in heist all the time. This build works until it doesn't. You'll get one popped by bosses left and right and its been a serious struggle to get damage up there.With 4k life I can get hit by mid tier map bosses a single time and its game over. Also -60 chaos res blows and with these gear choices I dunno how you're supposed to get more tanky without the dps being too low.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info