💀3.15💀 iLL3aT’s Cold Skeleton Warriors/Archers/Mages ❆ League Starter ❆ All Content ❆

Hey,

nice guide you have there. Gz on this !

i have a (probably dumb cause i missed sth) question: if you convert 50% of physical to fire by Avatar of fire to proc EE with frostbomb, why does this build deal cold damage at all?

AoF says you cannot deal non fire dmg. does this not apply to minions bc they deal the damage or what exactly is the catch?
Also if there are 50% of phy damage converted already by AoF and then 100% of phys to cold by triad then dont you actually loose out on damage as a portion of phys damage is already converted?

i hope you can understand what i wrote. im really struggling to understand this and am quite confused right now lol.

someone please enlighten me :)

cheers
"
Xero85 wrote:
Hey,

nice guide you have there. Gz on this !

i have a (probably dumb cause i missed sth) question: if you convert 50% of physical to fire by Avatar of fire to proc EE with frostbomb, why does this build deal cold damage at all?

AoF says you cannot deal non fire dmg. does this not apply to minions bc they deal the damage or what exactly is the catch?
Also if there are 50% of phy damage converted already by AoF and then 100% of phys to cold by triad then dont you actually loose out on damage as a portion of phys damage is already converted?

i hope you can understand what i wrote. im really struggling to understand this and am quite confused right now lol.

cheers

Hi - Not a dumb question at all. avatar if fire only converts your damage, and not your minions, due to how PoE is worded. Our damage is negligible, so we don’t care about it - only that minions are stronger. Conversion ensures that we do not deal any cold damage at all, so our EE is not ruined but still get the exposure from frost bomb.

Our minions are fully converted to cold. I would suggest reading the PoE wiki page on minions. Pretty much only things that say “minions” or “allies” specifically affect minions. Otherwise everything else applies only to the player character.
3.15 ❆ Cold Skeletons guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2774965
"

It has nothing to do with the question, but I have to say it:

It's the best POE joke in the whole atlas.
tyvm for clarifying. i can see it working now. keep up the guide and good luck in next league

"
It has nothing to do with the question, but I have to say it:

It's the best POE joke in the whole atlas.

glad you liked it. thats what the ":)" was there for
Supposed leaked patch note mention 40% dmg nerf for skeletons
I can live with 40%. I’m interested in what else they hit tho, spirit offering? Effectiveness of power charges on minions? Cyclone?

Enhance me
3.15 ❆ Cold Skeletons guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2774965
Removal of ES gain from spirit offering according to leaks.

40% nerf to base damage is fairly significant.

Though minion builds never had an issue with damage. The hit to MoS and Spirit Offering and thus defence is probably going to be far more noticeable.

Looks like it's a Golem starter for me this league.
Last edited by Max_zero on Mar 10, 2020, 1:40:55 PM
Changes to spirit offering made it pure garbage
"
iLL3aT wrote:
I can live with 40%. I’m interested in what else they hit tho, spirit offering? Effectiveness of power charges on minions? Cyclone?

Enhance me

Currently, looks like 40% damage nerf to Skele gems and down from 8 skeles to 7 at gem level 20.

Spirit offering - "No longer grants a portion of the minion's maximum life as Energy Shield" and "Grants 20%-30% chaos resistance now based on gem level"

Feeding frenzy nerf as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info