💀3.15💀 iLL3aT’s Cold Skeleton Warriors/Archers/Mages ❆ League Starter ❆ All Content ❆

Would it be too much to ask for trade links for each of the upgrades?

Right now, maybe because the build is popular, maybe because it's still early, everything is still quite expensive compared to the prices you have on the post, so i'd at least be sure i'm not messing up when dumping currency on upgrades.
I'm sorry, I'm probably too stupid but couldn't find a function to search the thread.

Is there any downside to linking Armageddon Brand + Hextouch (Curse on Hit) + Frostbite? I'm partial to blasphemy support because then I'd have to get closer to the mobs.

Also, with the nerf to Enduring Cry, is this still better than Steelskin?

Thanks for the great guide, it is really detailed and explains the mechanics well. It has been a good league start for me thanks to it!
Last edited by syntheticants on Sep 22, 2020, 1:48:17 PM
"
PadreBruxo wrote:
Would it be too much to ask for trade links for each of the upgrades?

Right now, maybe because the build is popular, maybe because it's still early, everything is still quite expensive compared to the prices you have on the post, so i'd at least be sure i'm not messing up when dumping currency on upgrades.

The build uses generic weapons that pretty much every summoners wants so its not just the build, its influenced by every single other summoner builds.

You also don't need to invest too much to reach a8 sirus lvls of dps, once you got EE + 4g triad + a 6link chest thats not a tabula and 2 minion wands with 60%+ damage / 5% chance to deal double dmg you pretty much are almost there and that's barely an ex worth of gear with all of those combined.
"
De_xter wrote:

Hmm strange, tbh i feel like paper while mapping and heist :/

Heist may be a different case until the patch hits.
In maps, I felt exactly the same, until I fixed up my flasks.

Getting a Rumi's, Basalt and Quartz, AND taking care of having them up as much as possible, made a whole bunch of difference. Night and day, I would dare say.

I'd look into that if I were you. Hope this helps:)
If my post contains typos, blame my phone and my fat fingers.
"
Wyra wrote:
The build uses generic weapons that pretty much every summoners wants so its not just the build, its influenced by every single other summoner builds.

You also don't need to invest too much to reach a8 sirus lvls of dps, once you got EE + 4g triad + a 6link chest thats not a tabula and 2 minion wands with 60%+ damage / 5% chance to deal double dmg you pretty much are almost there and that's barely an ex worth of gear with all of those combined.

I'm not using the gloves yet, and i don't have a point on elemental equilibrium, i assume that it is the EE you mention, so i'll give you that, at the same time i have the 5ex he mentions so i was looking to upgrade a fair bit, given that i have been getting randomly one shot by i don't know what, and my zombies have been dying a lot against certain types of enemies.

I'm fairly good at following instructions but i suck at figuring out what i'm doing wrong so if you don't mind feel free to check my character and point out some mistakes, other than what i mentioned before, gloves and EE.
"
PadreBruxo wrote:
"
Wyra wrote:

I'm not using the gloves yet, and i don't have a point on elemental equilibrium, i assume that it is the EE you mention, so i'll give you that, at the same time i have the 5ex he mentions so i was looking to upgrade a fair bit, given that i have been getting randomly one shot by i don't know what, and my zombies have been dying a lot against certain types of enemies.

I'm fairly good at following instructions but i suck at figuring out what i'm doing wrong so if you don't mind feel free to check my character and point out some mistakes, other than what i mentioned before, gloves and EE.

#1: Boots, you can defnitely get better ones with 25-30% movespeed for about 15-40c ish. Movespeed is a huge defensive layer.

#2: Try to get a trigger socketed skills craft on a wand, less casting of desecrate + offerings = less time standing about taking hits.

#3: You can get a decent +1 armor/es base helm for around 10-15c with resist and over 90 life. +2 even for a bit more and it boosts your zombies / animate guardian HP by a tonne.

#4: If you got the 5ex defo grab the gloves and EE if you're already using the elemental skellys gem setup otherwise go back and go for phys ones with impale they'll do much better than doing ele ones without the gloves and EE.

That's just the big ones I notice straight up from the get go atm but other than that there's not much else other than just straight up upgrades and maybe try out call to arms + enduring cry if you want more survivability, helps a lot to have endurance charges + a insta full HP in 1 second button for stuff like heavy DOT damage.
"
Wyra wrote:

#1: Boots, you can defnitely get better ones with 25-30% movespeed for about 15-40c ish. Movespeed is a huge defensive layer.

#2: Try to get a trigger socketed skills craft on a wand, less casting of desecrate + offerings = less time standing about taking hits.

#3: You can get a decent +1 armor/es base helm for around 10-15c with resist and over 90 life. +2 even for a bit more and it boosts your zombies / animate guardian HP by a tonne.

#4: If you got the 5ex defo grab the gloves and EE if you're already using the elemental skellys gem setup otherwise go back and go for phys ones with impale they'll do much better than doing ele ones without the gloves and EE.

That's just the big ones I notice straight up from the get go atm but other than that there's not much else other than just straight up upgrades and maybe try out call to arms + enduring cry if you want more survivability, helps a lot to have endurance charges + a insta full HP in 1 second button for stuff like heavy DOT damage.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Very much appreciated.

So I am stuck on this part. I have a +2 minion helm, and I go either Carrior or zombie?

Or, as I asked before, maybe Stone or chaos Golem?

I just worry that if I lose my zombie army of 9 of those guys, my dps will go way way down?

Added question, what is the best base for a 6L armor on a budget? Should I aim for ES bases or Armor? Hyrbids?
Last edited by darkm0d on Sep 22, 2020, 6:47:26 PM
@Keyen - Nice to hear from you again, useful insights as always! Good point - Potentially the setup is Oskarn on the AG, and then somehow get a second curse on the character to get elemental weakness on the triads, and frostbite via ring/blasphemy. Voideye is a nice option as well, but that's another button to press.

Another addition I was looking at was the alternate quality predator as well - 15% crit multi...mmm. But yeah, don't think anyone is even close to the expensive version yet, so I'll update that one when I have more time to theorycraft.

@coffeecrank - Good to hear! I added bone barrier (in place of mistress of sacrifice), and have put the guard skill on left click and enduring cry as middle click - for sure something has to be there though!

Monkeys are unfortunately quite paper, and zombies even more so.

@Sazzbot - The expensive AG has elemental weakness on hit on gloves

@ChavelaVargas - Not quite sure how it would compare since I have not played her brand of spectres, but I suspect it would be pretty similar since most minion builds are pretty generic before the end game. I am currently on T12s and have not felt any damage issues even mapping on a four link though.

@De_xter - Never stop moving, and keep your flasks up. Summon in front of you, and try to run beside monsters instead of ahead. Get a blind/taunt ghastly as well. Flasks are huge - I spend way more on flasks than on gear early league (especially since you never have to upgrade them again).

@Punksviin - Only the player can proc EE. The minions can take advantage of it though.

@PadreBruxo - I'm flirting with the 50,000 character limit each update I do, so unfortunately I cannot fit that in. At league start, everything is expensive, until items become more common/crafts more available.

Your gear is good at this point in the league - get a better speed flask, and path to Call to Arms instead of Soul of Steel perhaps. Next upgrade is wands or a helmet that you can craft +1 skeletons onto, but those are unfortunately less cheap. Everything Wyra said is also correct.

@syntheticants - It's a viable approach, but it's more active hence I prefer blasphemy, definitely no issues with doing so though!

I've switched Mistress of Sacrifice to Bone Barrier, and bone armor is WAY better than steelskin - I'd say stick with enduring cry, as it addresses a big weakness (regen mechanics).

@darkm0d - I did answer your question RE golems on page 76. Zombies do next to no damage in this build - they are only there to tank projectiles. Your call on which you prefer. Probably both if you don't have an AG yet (most won't have one for a while since losing one is expensive).

Either ES, armor, or hybrid work - just no greens. I just bought the cheapest six link on day two to be honest.
3.15 ❆ Cold Skeletons guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2774965
"
iLL3aT wrote:

@PadreBruxo - I'm flirting with the 50,000 character limit each update I do, so unfortunately I cannot fit that in. At league start, everything is expensive, until items become more common/crafts more available.

Your gear is good at this point in the league - get a better speed flask, and path to Call to Arms instead of Soul of Steel perhaps. Next upgrade is wands or a helmet that you can craft +1 skeletons onto, but those are unfortunately less cheap. Everything Wyra said is also correct.

Fair enough. It was just athing the last guide i followed did, and it helped a fair bit.

Also just another question, about the rare chest for the expensive AG, do the stats other than the craft matter, or anything goes as long as it has the craft?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info